• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Good morning people
Why good morning.

You know there was three movies recently?
I did and I planned to look at them eventually, do they follow the story from the manga that closely? I assumed they were kind of shortened retellings.

Unless it's like the Persona 3 Movie trilogy, where they're doing the entire P3 plot in anime form just over 3 movies. (It really seems like it should be chopped up into 20 minute episodes and made into an Anime series instead.)

croten

Why good morning.

I did and I planned to look at them eventually, do they follow the story from the manga that closely? I assumed they were kind of shortened retellings.

Unless it's like the Persona 3 Movie trilogy, where they're doing the entire P3 plot in anime form just over 3 movies. (It really seems like it should be chopped up into 20 minute episodes and made into an Anime series instead.

The entire plot of berserk? Hahahaha. No. Like the anime it mostly just covers the golden age which is roughly a quarter of the manga. I watched the movies then jumped into the manga

Xiraiya

He tried to add me as well. He's not on the google doc.
tumblr_nfi5c2jMV01rn98vpo2_500.gif

EDIT: Oh well, too late now.

Xiraiya

I don't really mind being added, but if I don't know you or don't particularly care to talk to you outside of the forums then I'm probably going to ignore it.
I don't mean that in a nasty way, I don't enjoy large friend lists.

Archgan

So I just finished reading the 10 pages of posts I missed yesterday because of reasons and I wanted to say a few things about some of the conversations but am too lazy to go back and quote.

First, during the EW "argument," I saw some people saying that stuff go heavy or to stop fighting, but I didn't really consider it the type of argument that was actually bad. To me, the two reasons to have an argument are you are mad about something or you are passionate about something and, based on what Pat said, this seemed to be the latter. I actually enjoy getting into "arguments" like this and don't think they should be discouraged because, to me, they are more like spirited discussions.

Secondly, with regard to reviews, I think look at the most negative reviews can be more helpful than the positive ones. Whenever I read what someone finds wrong with a game, I either agree that it is bad or think, "What the fuck is wrong with you, that is not a bad thing," and it helps to inform my decision.

Also, the reason I had to catch-up was because I spent most of yesterday either watching Interstellar or playing Divinity: OS. Interstellar is an amazing movie and if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it. It is probably one of my favorite movies. Also, D:OS is a great game. I'm having so much fun with it. Disclaimer: I am playing it co-op with my brother so I'm not sure how much fun it is by yourself, but I definitely recommend it.

Xiraiya

So I just finished reading the 10 pages of posts I missed yesterday because of reasons and I wanted to say a few things about some of the conversations but am too lazy to go back and quote.

First, during the EW "argument," I saw some people saying that stuff go heavy or to stop fighting, but I didn't really consider it the type of argument that was actually bad. To me, the two reasons to have an argument are you are mad about something or you are passionate about something and, based on what Pat said, this seemed to be the latter. I actually enjoy getting into "arguments" like this and don't think they should be discouraged because, to me, they are more like spirited discussions.

I don't really like debating things, I'll usually say my piece about something and people will either respond with useless comments, or they'll agree, or say/explain something that makes me be like "You know, that does makes sense." And then I move on having gained something new.

That's about it, that's part of why the whole "Devil's advocate" stuff is something I can't stand people doing, because they are prolonging a discussion for no reason.

mike0dude

So I've noticed that on Machinima respawn all the videos except SBFP ones are getting Shit numbers of views , most seem to barely even break 10k after a week.
Is machinima respawn the place where mashitnima sends their "talent" to die?

Xiraiya

So I've noticed that on Machinima respawn all the videos except SBFP ones are getting Shit numbers of views , most seem to barely even break 10k after a week.

That's the impression I get.

The best friends will surely save it
Is there a reason why they are on respawn rather than regular machinima?

Kevin conroy IS the voice of batman (cartoon and most games up until now) but in this one he seems like he's gonna phone it in super hard.

There was that line in the new batman trailer "I'll show them not to mess with my city!" Sounds Really phoned in. Maybe that's why its coming in June. I love all the arkham games. But I'm worried about this one. I remember one rumor that Green Arrow was supposed to show up in origins. I'd like a Arrow-Arkham style game.

The guy who voices batman sounds REALLY off. I liked the guy who voiced batman in origins
I didn't play origins but batmans voice in the new trailer sounded off probably because of audio quality.

It just looks like the same old same old. kinda boring even.

I actually like arkhams combat more then I like the combat of games like dmc and bayonetta.

After playing shadows of mordor I got my Batman fix.

I still haven't played that game, I heard you can cancel out of animations to counter which makes me worried.

Okingjrr

DAMN IT! I can't believe how terrible our luck is. I wait for hours, nothing. I leave for an hour, Dok shows up and leaves again ten minutes before I come back.

I'd like a few one-on-one matches with the guy first if you don't mind. After that, feel free to join.

Sure, but I'm terrible. I have a room ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom