• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
References dub without following it up by saying "fuck the dub." = The worst summary.

It's to get a foot in the door. Almost every conversation will lead to "dub or sub?" followed by a recommendation to watch the sub if they haven't. And few people will say "No" to re-watching Gurren.

What's it like? I've only ever been on Reddit once when someone posted one of my videos and people thought it was me and were accusing of this person being me shilling. It was weird.

Okay, so you know how we get off-topic but rarely ever intense? We maintain a very basic level of hype that kinda persists until a huge announcement happens?

They are way more on-topic, but WAY FUCKING CRAZIER. If we're a chatroom, they're a goddamn party.

All this gurren talk makes me want to watch the second movie for motivation. I used to always watch it before I preformed my solo and ensemble stuff in my trombone playing days to get me psyched up

mike0dude

Okay, so you know how we get off-topic but rarely ever intense? We maintain a very basic level of hype that kinda persists until a huge announcement happens?

They are way more on-topic, but WAY FUCKING CRAZIER. If we're a chatroom, they're a goddamn party.

the fact that the subreddit is alot more static than Neogaf helps that alot, threads and dicussions can stay on the front page for days while on neogaf after an hour the discussion gets buried in the thread.

All this gurren talk makes me want to watch the second movie for motivation. I used to always watch it before I preformed my solo and ensemble stuff in my trombone playing days to get me psyched up

I watched the final episode of the series again today. Gives me a big goddamn smile for the rest of the day.

I can't imagine what the 4chan or FB or Youtube community is like if Reddit is the crazy ones.

I randomly watched the last half of Lagann-Hen yesterday. Still the fucking greatest thing ever.

All those Tengen Toppa's are amazing and I want toys of all of them.

I can't imagine what the 4chan or FB or Youtube community is like if Reddit is the crazy ones.

4chan is passive and cynical, doesn't give a fuck
FB is just baiting out replys and trying to show the Zaibatsu stuff. Comments under videos are most SBF maymays.
YouTube comments are a handful of regulars who have little one liners for a lot of playthroughs, as well as a bunch of negative nancys

What's it like? I've only ever been on Reddit once when someone posted one of my videos and people thought it was me and were accusing of this person being me shilling. It was weird.

Reddit in general: the smaller the sub, the better. The bigger, the more likely it is users will just start shitposting and contributing low effort, low quality content/comments for upvotes. In the big subreddits this also tends to attract thinly-veiled racists and the like (i.e. imagine a 4chan user trying really hard to pretend he's not from /b/ but posting the same stuff).

So, something like the subreddit for videos is awful. On the other hand, a subreddit for physics, or a specific game/anime series, etc. tend to be really good if they have good moderators. The Kill la Kill subreddit was a pretty good example of one that was fun to post in. It's good if you want to discuss something that's very niche with a handful of members, because at least some people on Reddit will find it by accident (for example, my gf moderates a Dir En Grey subreddit with only 100 users).

Problem is with the upvote system is that it can quickly turn into an echo chamber of extremists depending on the nature of the subreddit (the subreddit for conservatives is a good example of this, it's gotten to the point where most of the content reflects extreme fundamental conservative ideals as opposed to moderate conservative opinions, gay hating and the like from what I've heard).

I randomly watched the last half of Lagann-Hen yesterday. Still the fucking greatest thing ever.

All those Tengen Toppa's are amazing and I want toys of all of them.

Can you imagine a gurren figure that works like those russian stacking dolls where theres little ones inside the big ones?
It's kinda impossible to do that with gurren but it'd be pretty cool.

Alfebit

Banned
This is the millionth time we've had this discussion, but I'll repeat my stance on it anyway: Gurren Lagann has a fantastic dub in comparison to most other anime's I've ever seen, it's just way worse than the original version. I disagree with Aaron when it's about dubs in general, taking the entire medium into account. I agree with him when it comes to dub vs sub of TTGL specifically. It's the Dark Souls 2 of dubs. It's better than most dubs for most anime's out there, but it's way worse than Dark Souls 1.

You heard it here first folks. Gurren Lagann Dub is worse than Dark Souls 1.

Alfebit

Banned
were softcore ecchi compared to 4chan
trust me i know
i will NEVER again frequen 4chan looking for Pokemon spoilers

image.php

almost done with this shed
doing the shingles for the roof now
then if im correct,painting and door+windows next
then i can just relax and be lazy till Christmas

mike0dude

Man I need some motivation to write and my writing club is pretty meh right now.

Just write the SBFP dating sim for me I will just take all the credits and money we will make off of merchandising and licensing overseas but you can keep this Pen i found on the ground next to a Burger King, it's still half full of ink

Writing smut by yourself feels so weird to me, like you're pushing two dolls together to make them kiss.

Hey, I write things that aren't smut! And seriously, writing smut with someone else sounds like hell. You have to be fully free to write whatever twisted shit comes to mind, if there's someone there you're gonna be at least a little self conscious of the freaky deaky shit that pops out yo mind.

It's also best done with a couple drinks in you t get rid of that sense of shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom