• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright after i watch this Souls vid ima finally continue playing The Witcher
question though?
should i worry about missing any quests or romances?
will doing so cripple the playthrough?
cause im kinda getting sick of having my Vita open with the sidequest info all the time

IIRC there's one weird issue with a major character.

In the main town a woman lives in an old woman's house. The whole chain of companion quests there is a pain in the ass. The old woman doesn't let you upstairs without doing certain things I think.

Other than that it's all fairly straightforward and obvious. Certain romance options you have to choose the right dialogue to get and you only have one chance but those are one-off sex scenes as opposed to full-fledged romances.

Thank you! Don't sell yourself short though, you're good and the rest will come through simply playing.
Yeah. I mean, I like playing as Bowser, Ike and Ganondorf as well, but those are more for fucking around and having fun (though I'm not bad with the former two). I greatly prefer high mobility over strength, hence the reason why Sheik and Greninja are my mains (with Diddy, Yoshi, Mario and Capt. falcon being my "secondaries" and Bowser, Ike and Ganondorf being my uh..tertiaries.)

ZSS, Rosalina and Marth are somewhat fast as well =P. Why no Diddy though? I find him to be really good.

I'm just personally shit with Diddy. If I put some work into him, I can do it. He's great, tho.

Never Ness, tho. Too far.

Peach is probably my main secondary. I wish she was still Melee tier.

You're doing a good job with the thumbnails though 10/10.
Edit: Also, you're not going that slow. You're pretty fast.

Thanks. And yeah, it's going pretty quick, though one Knuckles level got us pretty bad and lasted for 15 minutes so I had to edit the majority of it out, but we're hoping to finish recording the Hero campaign today and trade so my friend plays Evil.

Woo, completed all feats for shovel knight!
Why is this game SO GOOD

Congrats! I need to get around to new game plus, got distracted super hard, despite it being my GOTY. I'm so proud I backed it.

The only complaint I can really levy at the game is a couple of the level soundtracks are more atmospheric than Megaman-esque earworms.
Thanks. And yeah, it's going pretty quick, though one Knuckles level got us pretty bad and lasted for 15 minutes so I had to edit the majority of it out, but we're hoping to finish recording the Hero campaign today and trade so my friend plays Evil.

Nice. I understand the Knuckles stages though. I swear one level took me like an hour as a kid.

Nice. I understand the Knuckles stages though. I swear one level took me like an hour as a kid.

We talked about it a little bit in Pumpkin Hill, that it's the problem with alerting you of the emeralds. You only get alerted in order, so you either have to luck into getting them or find the bing, and if you don't then you fucked until you do.

That whole part makes me think that's how Dark Souls 1 should have ended, replace burnt Ivory King with Gwyn, and Black Knights.

Gwyn is a thematically appropriate boss, not a cool or fufilling one, and I like the reinforcement of the theme of decay and loss.

Gwyn is a
fucking shadow of his former self.

That whole part makes me think that's how Dark Souls 1 should have ended, replace burnt Ivory King with Gwyn, and Black Knights.

The fall to the boss blew my fucking mind, the first time I saw it.

While I prefer the Dark Souls 1 desolate ending, because it fits thematically, The Old Chaos is about a million times better than Izaltih.

The fall to the boss blew my fucking mind, the first time I saw it.

While I prefer the Dark Souls 1 desolate ending, because it fits thematically, The Old Chaos is about a million times better than Izaltih.

YO IF THE BURNT IVORY KING WAS IN THERE INSTEAD OF BED OF CHAOS

HOLY FUCK THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

Gwyn is a thematically appropriate boss, not a cool or fufilling one, and I like the reinforcement of the theme of decay and loss.

Gwyn is a

You know what Qwynn is with magic? Literally the easiest boss in the game. No exaggeration. Homing Soul Mass makes him absolutely nothing, because he dodges spells on casts, so you cast the homing soul masses, they appear as he dodges, then he starts running at you, gets hit, repeat like three times and he's dead.

Sorceries 4 lyfe.

joe2187

Banned
Chrono Trigger in Space

Fack yes

Zeboyd cites three games as his influence for the game.

As for the starting point, Boyd , credits a trio of games for inspiring his work on Cosmic Star Heroine, and they’re pretty heavy hitters. ”Chrono Trigger. Phantasy Star,” he says. “We have some elements from the Suikoden series

https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/541683014988619776
https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/541375188516880384

Xiraiya

Gwyn is a
No I agree, but I just meant something like that fall into such a cool area, and then dealing with a bunch of Black Knights in an arena area before Gwyn walks out with cool entrance by himself, and then the fight happens like normal, I was just talking about the setting and lead up to it, but I really like how it is thematically in DS1 anyway.

Oh my god this is literally a Chrono Trigger sprite. I'm glad to see this funded, I had no idea this was a thing.
ImDJZpZ.png

No I agree, but I just meant something like that fall into such a cool area, and then dealing with a bunch of Black Knights in an arena area before Gwyn walks out with cool entrance by himself, and then the fight happens like normal, I was just talking about the setting and lead up to it, but I really like how it is thematically in DS1 anyway.

Ahhh I see what you mean. It'd be super sick, but I also really like how it already is.

joe2187

Banned
He's a Gaffer right? I recognize that name.

Yep. He's also made a couple other games

Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
Cthulhu Saves the World
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 3
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 4

He started out as an XBLIG developer too.

Holy shit ive never even seen this. Does it have a release date yet?

Sometime next year, it's still WIP but so far I've been hooked since the first trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luenITVFN84

croten

Cthulhu Saves the World

Sometime next year, it's still WIP but so far I've been hooked since the first trailer

Wow that's a decent CV

Cthulhu Saves the World

Those are some great RPGs I played.

Impressive. I should look out for the game.

mike0dude

I should restart work on that shitty SBFP dating sim I said I'd make a year ago...
But i just got no Idea what I'm doing, or how to do it... any of you guys wanna help?

I should restart work on that shitty SBFP dating sim I said I'd make a year ago...
But i just got no Idea what I'm doing, or how to do it... any of you guys wanna help?

Are you aware that Normal Boots has a dating sim that includes JAHNTRON and ProJared and the Continue guys?

mike0dude

Are you aware that Normal Boots has a dating sim that includes JAHNTRON and ProJared and the Continue guys?

I saw, they totally ripped my idea off...
So I decided to barkley It and make it extra shitty by just photoshopping the best friends onto other bodies (because I ain't got no artist)

I should learn how to use RenPy, but I'm gonna be too busy playing videogames this break. Over the summer I'll teach myself RenPy.

mike0dude

What's it like? I've only ever been on Reddit once when someone posted one of my videos and people thought it was me and were accusing of this person being me shilling. It was weird.

It's alright, most of the time it's just me making shitty threads about dumb bullshit I think about in the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom