• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Alright, here we go. We saw this back when it originally came out, because of Woolies fiendish need for more fighting game shit. You may notice this video is NOT popular. It's underground. Team You Are the Best From Now! *clap* is the SHIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFT01e3--E

Stomach through the old production and long intro, I promise.
WHAT AN AMAZING GAME AND VIDEO! Truely this is the best game with the best mechanics.

Alright, here we go. We saw this back when it originally came out, because of Woolies fiendish need for more fighting game shit. You may notice this video is NOT popular. It's underground. Team You Are the Best From Now! *clap* is the SHIT.

I lost my shit a handful of times, that was, oh man.

I need to know if the other characters in that game are like that. I assume those are the highlights.

That's a really cool video. I wish more studios did off-brand knock-offs like this or Playstation All-Stars

Oh my god this shit is so broken. How did people get away with this before? Or better yet how did they profit from this?
Smash Bros, Mario kart and Mario party was godlike, I still watch them once in awhile.
Hype and salt give great rewatchability
Well gang...I just tried Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES

Woof that game is hard
How for did you make it?

Man.... that was something. The full obscurity makes it perfect. No one would have ever known how broken that shit was.

The survival arts from that channel seems to have very unique ideas for each characters at the time I think?, but poorly balanced... It actually seems pretty fun. It's way better than just playing clone characters who play the same

Zenfalcia

The survival arts from that channel seems to have very unique ideas for each characters at the time I think?, but poorly balanced... It actually seems pretty fun. It's way better than just playing clone characters who play the same

What are you talking about? They are totally balanced! No start up time mind control shuriyukens are totally balanced.

Zenfalcia

Seriously, both the old and new videos, they're all fucking great. Shoddily put together and ancient in some cases, but great.

I'm amazed by how fairly indepth he goes for each character even though these are such obscure fighting games and how each compare. So much for sleeping early tonight.. ;_;

All this fucking tweaking and optimizing with your content, Pat. All I want from you assholes is for you to plop yourself down in front of something, whether it's stupid or hype, and talk. That's it. Maybe I represent a smaller portion of your fans than I'd like, but at the end of the day all I want is content. Podcasts, LPs, whatever. And sure, I have my own personal LP ideas that I think are solid gold, but you guys got this far without me telling you what to do, right?
yknow what i love about fighting games? There's like 1000 you've never heard of. There are so many.
Everybody thinks they know how to make a button basher...

Games that I want to see on FNF:

Survival Arts
OG Soul Calibur
Dragon Ball Z Budokai (any of them would do)
Street Fighter: The Movie The Game
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Arcana Heart 3
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

yknow what i love about fighting games? There's like 1000 you've never heard of. There are so many.

I'm not deep enough into fighting games to know whats really out there beyond stuff by Capcom, SNK, Namco, ASW, etc. but I definitely feel the same way with stuff like RPGs. There's so many out there that you can just pick one out of a hat and you'll never know if that's the one you'll end up falling in love with.

Everything is super armor? Whut

And when everything's super armor... Nothing will be.
Syndrome_Close_Up.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh god it's happening again. I'm at the point where I've played so many shmups in the past few days that when I close my eyes I just see bullet patterns. Oh god.

Why don't you try boss mode in Ultimax? Can you beat an Eizabeth that can full heal with crit health with just 50sp, and with instakill regular supers?
Easy!
Just use an IK first
Liz has problems getting meter fast since she autogains it.
Why the fuck did I stay awake till 4 am reading this thread...
We do this every night!
Oh god it's happening again. I'm at the point where I've played so many shmups in the past few days that when I close my eyes I just see bullet patterns. Oh god.
It's fiiiiine. Just stay up like us if it really bothers you. I need to get to that level just to have the feel.
It's finnee! A lot of the mechanics seem cool but hard to pull off..
Thats why its so good and bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom