• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

I'll keep the experimentation to a minimum just to try it out and if it doesn't work out, i'll change it to the default layout.

No problem, have a good night's sleep.

I look forward to your changes.

I think I'll work on next-next OT's banner. I've got a few ideas but I don't know how they'll pan out. I've got the time now since exams are over.

Zenfalcia

No pressure, You'll only look bad if we compare your work to the 8 threads that came before.

It's fine!
It's not fine.
I'll be ok.
I won't be ok.
I look forward to your changes.

I think I'll work on next-next OT's banner. I've got a few ideas but I don't know how they'll pan out. I've got the time now since exams are over.

Oh jeez.. Don't put pressure on me D:

You could just make it and give it to whoever is making the next OT.
Zen developed DmC confirmed.

I am proud to announce DmC 2 now with more swearing!

Help, I need to finish something for finals, and its 4:00 AM, and my final is at 9:30. and I haven't slept. WHAT DO I DO

You either sleep or don't sleep. Up to you. If you really need to finish, make a cup of coffee or something and power through and pass out after the final.

MormaPope

Banned
Reading a book titled The Disaster Artist.

Might be legit one of the funniest biography styled books you could read. Greg Sestero, the dude that played Mark from The Room, talks about and breaks down his involvement (which amounted to shadow managing/creating the movie) and all the production that took place. Tommy Wiseau is truly a John, a awkward, broken, somehow functioning human being that says and does hilarious shit constantly.

So worth reading, if you have any interest in The Room whatsoever get this book physically or digitally.

Reading a book titled The Disaster Artist.

Might be legit one of the funniest biography styled books you could read. Greg Sestero, the dude that played Mark from The Room, talks about and breaks down his involvement (which amounted to shadow managing/creating the movie) and all the production that took place. Tommy Wiseau is truly a John, a awkward, broken, somehow functioning human being that says and does hilarious shit constantly.

So worth reading, if you have any interest in The Room whatsoever get this book physically or digitally.

Can't wait for the movie.

Alfebit

Banned
YOOOOO!
tumblr_n0mid8Xlc01rsyyqeo1_r1_1280.jpg
I'm so glad I lurk the Korra thread.

YOOOOO!

I'm so glad I lurk the Korra thread.

As someone who knows shit-all about Korra, but just watched Gurren not long ago, this is really awesome looking. It actually happened to be the first post I saw, like on the front page even.

Hey I haven't posted in here for ages. My plan to convert my mum to watching the Zaibatsu continues unabated, we are now watching the Downpour playthrough. We're only like 6 parts into it and already she is like "This isn't a very good game is it?" lol. She has been spoiled with LPs of actual good games like Revengeance and Walking Dead and... Heavy Rain? Wait nevermind. We watched all of Indigo Prophecy too and that was a tough one, she could barely hold interest and I just had to say to wait until the payoff which was one of the dumbest endings in existence.

So what I'm trying to say is, are any of you watching through old LPs? Which ones?

Alfebit

Banned
Hey I haven't posted in here for ages. My plan to convert my mum to watching the Zaibatsu continues unabated, we are now watching the Downpour playthrough. We're only like 6 parts into it and already she is like "This isn't a very good game is it?" lol. She has been spoiled with LPs of actual good games like Revengeance and Walking Dead and... Heavy Rain? Wait nevermind. We watched all of Indigo Prophecy too and that was a tough one, she could barely hold interest and I just had to say to wait until the payoff which was one of the dumbest endings in existence.

So what I'm trying to say is, are any of you watching through old LPs? Which ones?

Watching LPs with your mom is as weird to me as watching anime with her. That being said, that's pretty awesome that you guys are spending some family time together watching the hypest gameplay on youtube.

Zenfalcia

So, what does your mom think of their videos so far? Does she have any favourites and did she like the indigo prophecy pay off?

This is a rehash of an older conversation earlier, but downcoming and deadly prem are my go to's to rewathc forever.

As someone who knows shit-all about Korra, but just watched Gurren not long ago, this is really awesome looking. It actually happened to be the first post I saw, like on the front page even.

Do Deadly Premontion. It sounds like she doesn't like the lower energy LPs.

Then you can say you watched DP with your mom.

Watching LPs with your mom is as weird to me as watching anime with her. That being said, that's pretty awesome that you guys are spending some family time together watching the hypest gameplay on youtube.

I guess it is weird, although I watch anime with her too. I got her well into Jojo, and Persona (anime), and quite a few others, most recently Gurren. Actually, that's why I had the idea to start her on watching the Zaibatsu, because I said she might be interested in seeing the Jojo All Stars Battle game, so I showed her that Fisticuffs ep and she was interested to see more from there. I figured she'd really like the Mario Kart / Mario Party episodes and I was right.
What have I created?!?! lol

So, what does your mom think of their videos so far? Does she have any favourites and did she like the indigo prophecy pay off?

This is a rehash of an older conversation earlier, but downcoming and deadly prem are my go to's to rewathc forever.

In the words of Matt, she loves it! She for some reason really enjoyed watching all the Mailbag videos. She also loved the Telltale game LPs, and ended up really interested in Eternal Darkness. I think she's liked them all (except the David Cage ones ofc!)
I think "like" is too strong a word but I guess she "wat"-ed at Indigo Prophecy. In the end I was just like "I had to make sure you understood".. I think she now does since she is fully aboard the David Cage hate train, lol.

We watched like the first two episodes of Deadly Prem and I'm gonna make sure we come back to it because I loved it first time round. I think it'll take a while to get into it, just like some of the others.

Think we've seen about 10 full LPs together so far. Not bad! I honestly didn't expect her to get on board as hard as she has done, lol.

Yeah, we watched like the first 2 and then got swept up in Season 2 of Walking Dead, we're definitely coming back to it. I don't really think it's that she disliked the LP, she just couldn't deal with how bad certain parts of the Cage games were. Which I could understand, but man, I've seen that Heavy Rain LP enough that I don't remember how many times. It must just appeal to something in me that appreciates crap.

demidar

I am so immature :lol

I guess it is weird, although I watch anime with her too. I got her well into Jojo, and Persona (anime), and quite a few others, most recently Gurren. Actually, that's why I had the idea to start her on watching the Zaibatsu, because I said she might be interested in seeing the Jojo All Stars Battle game, so I showed her that Fisticuffs ep and she was interested to see more from there. I figured she'd really like the Mario Kart / Mario Party episodes and I was right.
What have I created?!?! lol

In the words of Matt, she loves it! She for some reason really enjoyed watching all the Mailbag videos. She also loved the Telltale game LPs, and ended up really interested in Eternal Darkness. I think she's liked them all (except the David Cage ones ofc!)
I think "like" is too strong a word but I guess she "wat"-ed at Indigo Prophecy. In the end I was just like "I had to make sure you understood".. I think she now does since she is fully aboard the David Cage hate train, lol.

We watched like the first two episodes of Deadly Prem and I'm gonna make sure we come back to it because I loved it first time round. I think it'll take a while to get into it, just like some of the others.

Think we've seen about 10 full LPs together so far. Not bad! I honestly didn't expect her to get on board as hard as she has done, lol.

I wonder what your mum would think of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.

I am so immature :lol

I wonder what your mum would think of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.

Oh, I noticed the DP thing. I wasn't even gonna go there, haha!

I wasn't familiar with the Endurance Run although I just looked it up. Perhaps I'll have to check it out sometime, although really I want to go through the game myself on New Game + first!

It's good to know that the Zaibatsu have very good crossover appeal to people besides the everyday weeb.

I just finished KLK Ep 8. Question:
Is Gamigoori some kind of masocist or into BDSM? He was talking like Grey Fox at one point.

Zenfalcia

I wonder if we can wait one more day for a new ot.. probably not.. there's so much art.. i don't know which one to use! Too bad chaobreaker didn't say what font he used for the headings.

i think the lack of sleep is getting to me.

Oberon

Banned

I convinced my brother to watch the Friends, and he liked it.

OT:

To add to my remark yesterday's remark.
Today, some girls got mad at me because I "refused to see panties"
And I saw a panty and got mad too!
The world doesn't make any sense anymore!

It's good to know that the Zaibatsu have very good crossover appeal to people besides the everyday weeb.

I just finished KLK Ep 8. Question:
Is Gamigoori some kind of masocist or into BDSM? He was talking like Grey Fox at one point.
Woolieswag.gif

I wonder if we can wait one more day for a new ot.. probably not.. there's so much art.. i don't know which one to use! Too bad chaobreaker didn't say what font he used for the headings.

i think the lack of sleep is getting to me.
Comic Sans

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Woooooooooooo Caladrius Blaze will be here in a few hours (4-ish, roughly). Now I just have to stay up until it gets here, since it requires a signature.

Since I'm hype, and since the thread's nearly dead anyway, have some artwork from the game!

(It's not even that lewd, c'mon. Lelouch posts way worse daily.)

f6x3rPo.jpg

Zenfalcia

Woooooooooooo Caladrius Blaze will be here in a few hours (4-ish, roughly). Now I just have to stay up until it gets here, since it requires a signature.

Since I'm hype, and since the thread's nearly dead anyway, have some artwork from the game!

(It's not even that lewd, c'mon. Lelouch posts way worse daily.)

Mm.. dat art. He's posted worst? That's cool.

I didn't expect to like KLK, to be frank.

The story is a little bit generic for shonen
Revenge plots are very Japanese
and the power scaling is pretty ridiculous, especially
Ryuko relative to the Elite Four.

But the fanservice no longer bothers me none. It's hype for hype's sake and I'm cool with it.

Alfebit

Banned

But the fanservice no longer bothers me none. It's hype for hype's sake and I'm cool with it.

Halfway through the show you forget everyone is half naked.

It's funny how it really does stop registering, I think in part due to the really simplistic artstyle.

Those early episodes are probably my favorite. KLK does "fight of the week"s really well.

Kind of a weird thing to take away from them since they watch (and are willing to try) only a few anime overall. Nothing like us heavy addict weebs that watch 10+ shows a season

They got me into TTGL/anime with the Gurren Lagann clip in the Smash Bros SBFBrawl. I got into JoJo because of them referencing "Goodbye, JoJo!". Heck, I played P4 as my first SMT game because of the Machinima episode.

I just have way more free time than the guys, so I end up looking for/playing/watching/reading a lot more, or just doing it faster. I'm really not much of a good weeb.

Beloved

Here's a great early morning question:

What are the best shonen shows ever?
List your top 5.

I have to do top 10 because 5 is too hard xD

Not in order but the ones that come to mind are:

1. FMA: B
2. Gintama
3. JoJo
4. Hunter x Hunter
5. Code Geass
6. Mirai Nikki