• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

I convinced my brother to watch the Friends, and he liked it.

OT:

To add to my remark yesterday's remark.
Today, some girls got mad at me because I "refused to see panties"
And I saw a panty and got mad too!
The world doesn't make any sense anymore!

um... what? Why did the girl get angry? Like if a girl accidentally shows her underwear I usually just don't look. What is the context here?

I only have close friends and family friended, so if I had to take a shot, I'd be pretty upset.

Yeah pretty much. I'd remain sober.

Nostalgia glasses are fine and all but looking back on it the filler kills it for me. I saw a couple episodes of Kai and that was fine. I think DBZ Abridged is my favourite DB related thing

Kai manages really well to get rid of the filler episodes.

Top 5:

1: DBZ
2: Kuroko No Basket
3: Pokemon
4: TTGL
5: KLK

The bolded are questionable at best. KLK is technically Shojo right?

Beloved

I only have close friends and family friended, so if I had to take a shot, I'd be pretty upset.

I only have close friends and family on Facebook as well.

Welcome to the southern united states.

This is the post that prompted me to say that btw
kVNCrFD.png

The OP is married to one of my cousins, her post is just being ignorant but the reply made me *headdesk* super hard

The OP is married to one of my cousins, her post is just being ignorant but the reply made me *headdesk* super hard
Woof. That's a shame. I'm in KY and I get tinges of this from my extended family when I talk to them, though it's not on Facebook since those relatives don't know how to use it.

For me Facebook is just hardcore republicans and hardcore Christian posts, interspersed with a JoJo's Bizzare Adventure group and SBF.
Now if it twitter....
I'm impressed how awful people can be in 140 characters.

Beloved

Man, y'all ain't got shit on Australian racism.

Step 1: Get rid of Tony Abbott
Step 2: Profit

Woof. That's a shame. I'm in KY and I get tinges of this from my extended family when I talk to them, though it's not on Facebook since those relatives don't know how to use it.

For me Facebook is just hardcore republicans and hardcore Christian posts, interspersed with a JoJo's Bizzare Adventure group and SBF.

That's about 50% of mine. Then another 30% is dedicated to people posting about their kids. The leftover 20% is stuff I actually care about.

Emouse

Kai manages really well to get rid of the filler episodes.

Top 5:

1: DBZ
2: Kuroko No Basket
3: Pokemon
4: TTGL
5: KLK

The bolded are questionable at best. KLK is technically Shojo right?

I'd say they're far more shonen then shojo, seeing as it's boobs, butts & hype fighting, tho wikipedia seems to think its seinen which I can agree with

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I'm from MN, and the worst I get is my uncle commenting on the Boston Marathon Bombing - "Is it ironic that the muzzie bastard who blew up that marathon is being cared for in a Jewish hospital? God works in mysterious ways..."

Yeah, he's the worst.

croten

Most of the time it's just people retweeting racists and laughing at them.

This is especially funny since I used to work in the studio that produces Sesame Street. :3

This isn't racism, but boy she didn't really think this though when she posted. Does she realize that Sesame Street produces a new show almost every other day? 4,378 episodes in 45 seasons from 1969 to today is a lot of TV to watch... I wonder what she thought of Maria, the lady I grew up watching on Sesame Street.

I stayed away from Facebook and Twitter post-grad. I have a cell phone if I need to reach people I care about. People just don't know how to write in a journal instead. Keep those idiotic thoughts to yourself.

Beloved

This is especially funny since I used to work in the studio that produces Sesame Street. :3

This isn't racism, but boy she didn't really think this though when she posted. Does she realize that Sesame Street produces a new show almost every other day? 4,378 episodes in 45 seasons from 1969 to today is a lot of TV to watch... I wonder what she thought of Maria, the lady I grew up watching on Sesame Street.

I stayed away from Facebook and Twitter post-grad. I have a cell phone if I need to reach people I care about. People just don't know how to write in a journal instead. Keep those idiotic thoughts to yourself.

It's not blatant racism but here's the thing...if half the ep had been dedicated to French culture and language, would she have made this post? In fact, had it been dedicated to ANY Caucasian culture, I would bet every penny I have that she wouldn't have made this post.

If anything she probably would have thought "Oh how cool and forward thinking! Maybe my son will remember some French words!"

But she chose to post on Facebook about it because it was Mexican culture, and in her mind that is tied with liberal immigration views and people "stealing our jobs" and other crap like that. Just as I'm sure she would've had an equally ignorant reaction to episodes dedicated to African or Middle Eastern culture.

Anung

Un Rama
Awwww yes. House is prepped for a party tonight. Boose and food is ready to go. 8 player smash time!

Expect drunk posting.

Sesame Street's doing a damn good thing teaching kids about one of the largest cultures in this country. Plus there are numerous studies linking bilingualism to better overall quality of life.

Xiraiya

I have to do top 10 because 5 is too hard xD

Not in order but the ones that come to mind are:

1. FMA: B
2. Gintama
3. JoJo
4. Hunter x Hunter
5. Code Geass
6. Mirai Nikki
7. Trigun
8. Durarara!!
9. Attack on Titan
10. Death Note

Honorable Mentions:

Baccano
Bleach
One Piece
Deadman Wonderland
Beelzebub

Too much effort to make a list I've done a bunch of times, so yes, this.

In other news, good morning BestGAF.

Xiraiya

Sesame Street's doing a damn good thing teaching kids about one of the largest cultures in this country. Plus there are numerous studies linking bilingualism to better overall quality of life.

Sesame Street had stuff like counting in Spanish 20+ Years ago on TV, I distinctly remember that as a kid and at the time I wondered why the US was such a mixed place compared to Australia

It's not blatant racism but here's the thing...if half the ep had been dedicated to French culture and language, would she have made this post? In fact, had it been dedicated to ANY Caucasian culture, I would bet every penny I have that she wouldn't have made this post.

If anything she probably would have thought "Oh how cool and forward thinking! Maybe my son will remember some French words!"

But she chose to post on Facebook about it because it was Mexican culture, and in her mind that is tied with liberal immigration views and people "stealing our jobs" and other crap like that. Just as I'm sure she would've had an equally ignorant reaction to episodes dedicated to African or Middle Eastern culture.

Yeah you're right... One of the biggest issues that the whole immigration debate hinges on is that immigration problems vary from state to state.

Very rarely in NYC will you find illegal Hispanics. I'd say it's more European and Eastern European illegal immigrants :(

Also, some illegal Asian immigrants.

But, the southern US and the Northeast are leagues apart. Here, racism is manifested in fucked up laws and policies. Zoning laws are a big component of racism in NYC.

I bet holidays are amazing for you.

Beloved

I bet holidays are amazing for you.

My immediate family is awesome so the Christmas holidays are actually great, we have a good time despite differing views.

They say things occasionally that make me disdain but I just refrain from getting into political conversations with them so it's fine.

I rarely see my extended family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom