• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

My father thinks Jews are a blight and Hitler knew this beforehand. My aunt thinks a woman completely deserves to get raped if she goes out to party with guys. My grandfather wanted me to buy a wife from a less developed country when I was 18 and most of my family is firmly against marrying outside of your race.
At this point I'm done arguing with my family. Count yourself lucky.

Jesus Christ. @_@

How are you even remotely normal? xD

This is a fine answer.
My father thinks Jews are a blight and Hitler knew this beforehand. My aunt thinks a woman completely deserves to get raped if she goes out to party with guys. My grandfather wanted me to buy a wife from a less developed country when I was 18 and most of my family is firmly against marrying outside of your race. Add to that generally racism and hatred towards pretty much everything that isn't them (though this is only the case for the older members of my family)
I'm not sure if I've ever played a bullet hell game. Does Ikaruga count as one?
Damn, I thought I had it bad when I found out my uncle has a positive opinion on alex jones

My father thinks Jews are a blight and Hitler knew this beforehand. My aunt thinks a woman completely deserves to get raped if she goes out to party with guys. My grandfather wanted me to buy a wife from a less developed country when I was 18 and most of my family is firmly against marrying outside of your race. Add to that generally racism and hatred towards pretty much everything that isn't them (though this is only the case for the older members of my family)
Uhm... Wow.

Beloved

tumblr_ng137virSl1svxaato1_400.gif

In other news, this is adorable

All we got in my family are a couple of drug dealers, and baseheads. That's pretty insane right there.

croten

This is a fine answer.

Jeez. I'm lucky my family is mostly fine then.

Um.. yeah Ikaruga counts I think.

This is a fine answer.

Swap around some family members and this is my family in a nutshell. Granted my parents are not as crazy as my extended family but they are looked down upon as a result.

Like I tell my friends "I can choose you guys, but I can't choose my family".

I find it funny how everyone reacts like this when there's way, way, way more. Some on the level or even worse than the Hitler comment. I'm just refraining from posting them here because thinking back to those times isn't healthy for my own psyche.
I don't know how I got out of those times in one piece. I probably didn't come out of it without scars, but I guess turning into a distant person helped a lot. I definitely got into a lot of arguments about pretty much everything and I even changed their minds on certain subjects, but after a while you just give up. I got tired.

I'm really glad the younger people in my family (and my mother's side of the family) are fantastic people.

Swap around some family members and this is my family in a nutshell. Granted my parents are not as crazy as my extended family but they are looked down upon as a result.
Geez you guys. I can't imagine how much that would have been terrible on a semi-daily basis or whatever. I think I would've gone insane.

It's good to hear you have good people in your family too, Mara.

demidar

tumblr_ng137virSl1svxaato1_400.gif

In other news, this is adorable

It's a cat carrying a corpse bag so it can dispose of its victim.

Well, I guess that's adorable in its own way.

I find it funny how everyone reacts like this when there's way, way, way more. Some on the level or even worse than the Hitler comment. I'm just refraining from posting them here because thinking back to those times isn't healthy for my own psyche.
I don't know how I got out of those times in one piece. I probably didn't come out of it without scars, but I guess turning into a distant person helped a lot. I definitely got into a lot of arguments about pretty much everything and I even changed their minds on certain subjects, but after a while you just give up. I got tired.

I'm really glad the younger people in my family (and my mother's side of the family) are fantastic people.

Cutting large swaths of your family completely out of your life is a valid action. Lotta people say "but they're family!" but honestly family bonds means shit, it's about whether they're good people and forging bonds though that, not about familial ties.

croten

They eventually realized that every time they'd say shit like that, we'd get into an argument, so they just avoided speaking of such things around me after a while.
And thank you.

You're right, though I don't even know whether I want to cut them out of my life. Some of the shit they say is inexcusable and disgusting, but I don't hate them. They still love me and took care of me.

> You shared family issues with chaobreaker.
> You feel like you understand chaobreaker a bit more now.
> Social Link rank up.

He will now die for you.
EDIT: Dammit Anubeats

I guess the worst thing in my family is that my Grandad used to be a terrorist.

I guess the worst thing in my family is that my Grandad used to be a terrorist.

IRA?

You're right, though I don't even know whether I want to cut them out of my life. Some of the shit they say is inexcusable and disgusting, but I can't actually hate them. Despite my upbringing being incredibly bumpy and problematic, they still love me deeply and took care of me. I still feel like I owe them for the time they spent on me.

I know that feeling. I have family I'd wish to do the same to, but my dad keeps pushing those blood ties on us.

Worst part of my family is that most of my dad's side is in prison or is a member of the KKK... I don't talk to them much.

Ruh-roh.

I'd like to know what possess people to join a group in which you are maligned and are treated like a social pariah.

Also, the FBI tracks you every movement as a terrorist group.

Ruh-roh.

I'd like to know what possess people to join a group in which you are maligned and are treated like a social pariah.

Also, the FBI tracks you every movement as a terrorist group.

Because they're horrible racist mountain people and everyone in their horrible racist mountain town is also in the KKK.

Because they're horrible racist mountain people and everyone in their horrible racist mountain town is also in the KKK.

The KKK's goal as a whole is stupid as fuck. They want to live as fucking LCL. Who wants to live among white blobs??

Yeah. It's more a case of me despising their stances on a lot of subjects and not actually despising them (my mother is a lot more normal, though she is easily influenced by her religion in some regards). It's the result of their own upbringing and they've been through a lot of shit as well. They talk a lot of shit, yet they still try to be good people to everyone. Especially me. I feel like a shit for not severing ties completely as the result of their terrible stances on these subjects, but I just can't do it.

I echo the sentiment "We can't choose our family". Glad they aren't wholly terrible people.

The bigger question is: are they expressing these opinions at the polls?

Oberon

Banned
um... what? Why did the girl get angry? Like if a girl accidentally shows her underwear I usually just don't look. What is the context here?

Yeah pretty much. I'd remain sober.

I could PM it to you if you really want to know.

We're talking about family now?
I'd like to add something to this, but not here in public, but I trust you guys, so if someone wants to know, just tell me and I will PM you.
In addition to bad parenting and hitting me with the belt of course.

Facebook I have for family and some internet friends but mainly ones I've known for years. There's just a handful of people who are pretty ignorant sometimes, but nothing I want to bash my head in for.

Twitter is my favorite because NONE of my family uses it and I can just be me. I only have one friend on it who I sometimes question following on it though.

I just pulled a
slowtaku :(
Haha git gud NERD

My dad always pesters me to add family to my Facebook. He's legit disappointed that my siblings and I don't do that. No way in hell am I opening that Pandora's Box.

I could PM it to you if you really want to know.

We're talking about family now?
I'd like to add something to this, but not here in public, but I trust you guys, so if someone wants to know, just tell me and I will PM you.
In addition to bad parenting and hitting me with the belt of course.

I've been belted, but in my dad's defense, it was for things where I REALLY fucked up.

MY dad got a lot worse when he was a kid.

Ah man, I love MMO's. Just beat the final raid of FF14's current game and it felt great. Progressing and finally completing it with my guild mates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKHE3oYAAho <- Video for anyone that has any interest in FF14. Big spoilahs though! Sorry about the game sound as well. No idea how it got so fucked up cause it's the same way I usually stream.

Ever since I've been playing Stick of Truth, I keep thinking of the Kingdom of Kupa Keep rather than the actual KKK.

I really should get back to that now. Played the first hour or so and it's just like playing the show. Such a well made game that's true to the show.

Shackzam

Talking about family, the only person we completely shut out is my great uncle. The reason for that is because he is a New Age Nazi. I don't even know his name and that's how cut off he is from the family. My family only makes references to him as a joke most of the time. Besides that one person my family is pretty decent.

I've been belted, but in my dad's defense, it was for things where I REALLY fucked up.

MY dad got a lot worse when he was a kid.

I was raised by the belt. As time went on, and I grew up, my parents started to force me to learn from my mistakes.

I preferred the belt. The agonizing feeling that you disappointed your family is too much for me.

If you haven't been noticing, I'm posting a shit ton here because I'm waiting for my last final in 3 hours.

So here's something from my twitter feed relevant to this thread's interests.

rKjFSdc.jpg

Talking about family, the only person we completely shut out is my great uncle. The reason for that is because he is a New Age Nazi. I don't even know his name and that's how cut off he is from the family. My family only makes references to him as a joke most of the time. Besides that one person my family is pretty decent.

If my family knew the kind of person I really was I'm certain I would have been on the street if not worse years ago.

Secrets are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom