• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad would beat the shit outta me with a belt for any small perceived wrong. Or he'd slap me in the face for accidentally dropping something. Stuff like that. I moved to my mom's when I was 10 or so almost entirely to escape all that stuff.

Later, when I was 22 or so, he swore to me that he never did any of that. I don't know if he was just lying to himself so he didn't have to face what he did, or if he legitimately forgot because by that point he was in his 70s (he died about five years later) and just started to forget things because of age. Either way though, I...guess I've forgiven him? I mean...never to his face or anything, but...eh, I dunno. I try not to think about it too hard. Can't change the past, and he's gone anyway. Thinking about it doesn't do any good.

tumblr_inline_nfod9mjwrL1rw1sbp.gif

Alright... Alright let's change the subject.

This is a community thread. Fans of the super best friends come to talk here about anything they want aside from the obvious SBF talk. You'll often see us discussing stuff unrelated to the best friends.

Like anime... And more anime. A lot of anime.

Sometimes we feels gaf. I don't think its ever been this bad.

Oh ho ho, it's been worse. One time we all talked about our mental problems and I cried myself to sleep.

Scare tactic, you say? What is meant is what did the beatings actually tell you? Your thought process basically, if you can remember it.

I wish I could remember. It wasn't common and it happened when I was a tween sporadically.

But I guess this conversation is making poor lurkers uncomfortable so if you wish to ask more just PM me.

I don't see what this has to do with beating children with belts, like, come on.

The conversation was a tangent from discussing our family lives. The Best Friends do not produce 24 hour content so we like to discuss other things.

If you're uncomfortable, you are free to leave, but there's no need to be rude.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I'm not very good at Caladrius yet. :lol I've made it as far as Stage 3 on one credit, but after that I get #decimated worse than Dok making a Wii U thread. Need more practice!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT DID I REALLY GET 18 TROPHIES IN LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF OF PLAY?!

Xiraiya

Most people have some pretty messed up family situations, but at the end of the day, you aren't your parents, and if you can understand that, then you're doing alright.

But I like to think that if you're going to be a parent, you should strive to be the sort of human being your kids can can feel good about taking after, if they happen to do so.

Most people have some pretty messed up family situations, but at the end of the day, you aren't your parents, and if you can understand that, then you're doing alright.

But I like to think that if you're going to be a parent, you should strive to be the sort of human being your kids can can feel good about taking after, if they happen to do so.

I don't really like just affirming someone else's post without contributing, but

This ^

I count my blessings for having parents that had to grow up early and raise kids. They raised 3 well mannered boys.

That kept them from falling into the early trappings of trying to be the cool mom or cool dad.
They never bought into that crap.

Beloved

I definitely agree

Also, I played a couple of matches of Advanced Warfare today. It's pretty decent. Guns feel better to shoot now, but still feel off compared to other shooters. Mobility options are nice, and don't feel like they disturb the pace, ala Halo Jetpack. Maps are you standard CoD joint, claustrophobic corridors, with an open "arena-like" center. Pretty decent.

Fuck streak bonuses though. When they get rid of those, I'll give CoD another real try.

Also, I played a couple of matches of Advanced Warfare today. It's pretty decent. Guns feel better to shoot now, but still feel off compared to other shooters. Mobility options are nice, and don't feel like they disturb the pace, ala Halo Jetpack. Maps are you standard CoD joint, claustrophobic corridors, with an open "arena-like" center. Pretty decent.

Fuck streak bonuses though. When they get rid of those, I'll give CoD another real try.

You'll be waiting a long time.

I personally don't mind the ADS shooting, It harms more than helps.

Sliding and Puching dudes are my favorite thing to do with the exo suits.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone planning on ordering anything from Play-Asia anytime soon? I've got a $5 off $60 coupon code here if so. But only take it if you're actually going to use it, please.

After playing Etrian Odyessy 1 for about 10 hours, i don't see anything bad about it, is there a reason why Pat and Liam hate it? The only gripe i have with it is the amount of backtracking you have to do

Anyone else holding off TEW until they finish it?

Zenfalcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom