• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

People really beating the horse with the new lightsaber thing

1417303645705.gif

Nuke Soda

I think they should be separate so we get 2 Pat/Matt stares at *game* in one video with asshole coop buddy. Watch two people simultaneously descend into madness!

You know Pat would be Leon, so I wonder how many times he would fail the meat grinder quicktime?

Zenfalcia

Which only serves to highlight the major flaw in Matt's thinking. He follows the path laid out for him by the game rather than try and approach things from a dynamic angle.

They need to do more Co-op bullshit. It's definitely something that's been missing from the show

That's true. Matt's normal approach wasn't too special but it got the job done, unlike pat's unconventional approach which failed many times
except when Matt knifed his allies and also shot them... That was fun.

Imagine 4 player co-op cut the same way... Oh jeez, oh man.. that would be terrible awesome.

Xiraiya

Haha that FC4 Video was great, I really want to check it out now, Pat's character being ginger and looking kind of like him made that way funnier.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Play some TEW PS3 with my bro. It took like 10 tries to kill the chainsaw guy with the dart traps.

In that process, we learned two things:
-You can shoot the levers to activate the trap.
-Placing explosives mines on the floor is reallly useful for staggering him right under the trap.

Yo guys, should I get Ultra for steam? I mean I already have it on PS3 I'm just curious

For a while we had a group of people who played Ultra on PC, I know with Omega mode I'll be playing it more. Does anyone know if capcpom ever updated the netcode for it? I remember near launch when people were complaining they said there where but I never heard anything after that.
That depends, do you have a stick connected to your pc? If so, then absolutely.
also this, using a keyboard is not the best way to play the game, a stick or a gamepad would be much preferred

Emouse

That depends, do you have a stick connected to your pc? If so, then absolutely.

I do yeah, is it a decent port? I heard funny things about the online a while back

For a while we had a group of people who played Ultra on PC, I know with Omega mode I'll be playing it more. Does anyone know if capcpom ever updated the netcode for it? I remember near launch when people were complaining they said there where but I never heard anything after that.

also this, using a keyboard is not the best way to play the game, a stick or a gamepad would be much preferred

Yeah that's what I was wondering about, but also yes I've got a stick, I can't imagine using kayboard to play, though it could be similar to a hitbox? which are still for crazy people

360pages

One thing I do commend about the remakes is the fact that you can call your flying friend with a Key item without the need of an HM or having them in your part.

360pages

I do think it's funny how Omega Ruby has less available pokemon in them then X/Y. Really, they should have had both that and the regular Safari zone. (Not that it can be called a Safari Zone still, since they removed the time limit and the need to use special balls thus making it more of a random area filled with rare pokemon)

But I really don't understand why they would take that out along with the Battle Chateu and some other gameplay stuff.

Xiraiya

I do think it's funny how Omega Ruby has less available pokemon in them then X/Y. Really, they should have had both that and the regular Safari zone. (Not that it can be called a Safari Zone still, since they removed the time limit and the need to use special balls thus making it more of a random area filled with rare pokemon)

But I really don't understand why they would take that out along with the Battle Chateu and some other gameplay stuff.

So is this some sort of on going review thing you've been doing for hours now or what's the deal?

Zenfalcia

So is this some sort of on going review thing you've been doing for hours now or what's the deal?

I think he's just very into oras/Pokemon and comaring it to other series. It's just his passion for the series overflowing onto the thread.

Edit: So in a sense.. yeah, he's doing a review of sorts.

360pages

Well, out of all the tangents to go on, this is easily a decent one.

It has more content than X/Y, but not a lot more content. I think that's my main issue, that being said. There actually isn't that much to talk about. Think it's the worst remake in the series comparatively to the other remakes and what they did, but it's still a great game.

I think he's just very into oras/Pokemon and comaring it to other series. It's just his passion for the series overflowing onto the thread.

Edit: So in a sense.. yeah, he's doing a review of sorts.
I'm sure its fine. This thread certainly gotten a lot slower than yesterday and his critiques of the game is probably gonna get skipped over by a lot of people. We're somewhat interested in Pokemon too.

I have this heavy disgust for Game Freak now of the quality of the remake. The battle tower was introduced in Crystal and we got it in the remake too! I feel like they got lazy with the remake due to Hoenn being the favorite region of most fans. I just hope they make a new Pokemon game that could rival the 5th gen games.

Xiraiya

A good remake by my definition is 1:1 with added improvements.

Fire Red was basically 1:1 with newer mechanics used on top and then the bonus islands, I could not ask for more than that.

Zenfalcia

I'm sure its fine. This thread certainly gotten a lot slower than yesterday and his critiques of the game is probably gonna get skipped over by a lot of people. We're somewhat interested in Pokemon too.

I have this heavy disgust for Game Freak now of the quality of the remake. The battle tower was introduced in Crystal and we got it in the remake too! I feel like they got lazy with the remake due to Hoenn being the favorite region of most fans. I just hope they make a new Pokemon game that could rival the 5th gen games.

Even before yesterday was slow. The last few days have been slowing down, which is good i suppose. Nah, i'm sure people are reading them, i cant say much since the last pokemon i finished was pearl era pokemon. 4 gen i think?

I dont have that same disgust since i havent experienced it in a while. Maybe they'll just remake BW.

My Project Diva obsession has revitalized my enthusiasm for rhythm games that I've started playing Stepmania again, downloading BMS packs, and looking up Smile.dk and Captain Jack songs.

Man, I miss playing actual DDR. I need to do some hunting around Seattle or something to see if there are any machines out there.

Even before yesterday was slow. The last few days have been slowing down, which is good i suppose. Nah, i'm sure people are reading them, i cant say much since the last pokemon i finished was pearl era pokemon. 4 gen i think?

I dont have that same disgust since i havent experienced it in a while. Maybe they'll just remake BW.
As much as people didn't like the 4th gen, I found that it had excellent world building. I really like the myths that they introduce like how the world was created and junk. They even had lore where people actually killed and eaten Magikarps.
Hey guys, make sure to vote yes on the Normal Boots dating sim on Steam Greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335773141
As much as I don't care about this, I would like more VNs, so I'll vote yes

As much as people didn't like the 4th gen, I found that it had excellent world building. I really like the myths that they introduce like how the world was created and junk. They even had lore where people actually killed and eaten Magikarps.

Do it for the eventual one-off episode

Zenfalcia

4th gen also added some nice cool stuff. Like there was a ton of post content which made it fun to play after beating the game. That world building stuff was cool too. Didnt they have slowpoke tail eating or something in silver and gold?

I need to back clannad but.. money ;_; i need more money.

Do it for the eventual one-off episode
Do it for the best friends DLC with sick DSP rival fights!
I already did.
4th gen also added some nice cool stuff. Like there was a ton of post content which made it fun to play after beating the game. That world building stuff was cool too. Didnt they have slowpoke tail eating or something in silver and gold?

I need to back clannad but.. money ;_; i need more money.
Yeah they added that in 2nd gen.

I either get Xrd or Clannad during December... I don't know which to get!

Playing P.T. With headphones on.

goddamnit

I shouldnt be scared

I'm a super big bitch when ti comes to playing scary things by myself. I need others there with me in some way so I can laugh it off. That's why I've been streaming Evil Within whenever I play it.

Oh god I'm Liam

croten

I'm a super big bitch when ti comes to playing scary things by myself. I need others there with me in some way so I can laugh it off. That's why I've been streaming Evil Within whenever I play it.

Oh god I'm Liam

Wait I thought you were friends with Xiraiya

Post when you do. I'm getting tired of popular streams.

I hate shameless advertising but my Twitch is http://www.twitch.tv/vidulasaix. Follow me and you'll get notifications when I go live. I usually stream Final Fantasy 14 but I've been streaming console stuff recently like Evil Within and Transistor.

Hopefully gonna be streaming much more soon off my PC whenever I get a refund for my defective GPU and order a 970.

Wait I thought you were friends with Xiraiya

He tried to get rid of me but I've firmly seated myself in a position where he can't escape me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom