• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Retro Duck

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Official Nintendo Magazine review states how many levels are in the game's first set of worlds.
59 main stages set over 8 worlds

Vaiim

There's some concern whether amazon will actually ship these to people on release date. I seem to remember there being some "guaranteed delivery on release date" note on other preorder listings but it's not in this and Zelda ALBW. I'm guessing they've already hit capacity on the preorder supply on both games.

Possibly it's because of the next-gen consoles floating around as well, they might not feel confident they can ship everything without some delays.

Seriously contemplating to buy WiiU for this.... urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm just surprised you've resisted this long!

Review embargo ends today?

Tomorrow I believe, 19th.

Mik2121

Three days left for the release here in Japan. Can't wait!

Thank god I don't have any thing scheduled for the weekend. I will spend most of it playing, lol!

Neoxon

Seriously contemplating to buy WiiU for this.... urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
You'll probably cave anyway once Smash, Mario Kart, Bayonetta, DK, & X come out, so might as well get out over with.

Besides, most of the good games for PS4 & XB1 aren't out until next year.

Kurt

You can see the wii u as main console.
And combine this with (pc or xbox one or ps4, if you have the money for it)

@Alcoholikaust
Don't except those games the first 2 quarters of next year, so no.

LoveCake

I do not usually buy the help guides, but i think i may get the one for this, it has extra stuff with it.

Had the game ordered for ages.

LocalE

image.php

The Playstation logo is inside the Wii U blue square on top of the Xbox One One

But I don't actually see the U, just the ps on a blue background. Obviously I saw the blue box, but where is the line that actually makes a U?

maxcriden

Seems fair, assuming the
second part has just as many.

I think someone counted up all of the
stamps on the stamp collection page and there were 85 or so. Presuming one per level, and given the above information about 59 levels in the first part of the game, there could be 26 or so more
levels
in the second part.
This also may not include
Captain Toad levels, as I'm not sure if those have stamps.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I think someone counted up all of the
stamps on the stamp collection page and there were 85 or so. Presuming one per level, and given the above information about 59 levels in the first part of the game, there could be 26 or so more
levels
in the second part.
This also may not include
Captain Toad levels, as I'm not sure if those have stamps.
Something to think about:
- There could be levels that don't have stamps, even though they are standard levels
- Since one
Captain Toad
level is within the preview-content, I think I can say: Those levels do not have stamps-
- Some stamps might be acquired by different means than levels.

- There could be levels that don't have stamps, even though they are standard levels
- Since one
Captain Toad
level is within the preview-content, I think I can say: Those levels do not have stamps-

Nope, it is confirmed that every standard level has a stamp, and that the only way to acquire stamps is completing standard levels.

Billy Lee

I played this at the Arndale Centre in Manchester on the weekend. I was really impressed and one of my first thoughts was "this looks like a real next-gen game". What I mean by that is that it's a clear step up from current (or last?) gen games in terms of design and all the stuff that's going on on the screen. It's hard to describe but just things like the way the dinosaur which you ride on jumps about on the water with so much personality for example. The whole game seems alive.

With games like Killzone: SF and Forza 5 etc, you've seen it all before but this time it's shinier. 3D World seems to be doing something different.

By the way I'm speaking as someone who hasn't played the Mario Galaxy games so maybe that's why it seems so new to me. On the other hand, I have completed 3D Land.

Retro Duck

Neo Member
Nope, it is confirmed that every standard level has a stamp, and that the only way to acquire stamps is completing standard levels.

I'm trying to remember which video it was, but I do remember seeing a player get a stamp from a hidden area on the map. Sort of like a Toad house but it had a stamp inside. So it seems you can get them from outside stages too.

Christopher

I played this at the Arndale Centre in Manchester on the weekend. I was really impressed and one of my first thoughts was "this looks like a real next-gen game". What I mean by that is that it's a clear step up from current (or last?) gen games in terms of design and all the stuff that's going on on the screen. It's hard to describe but just things like the way the dinosaur which you ride on jumps about on the water with so much personality for example. The whole game seems alive.

With games like Killzone: SF and Forza 5 etc, you've seen it all before but this time it's shinier. 3D World seems to be doing something different.

By the way I'm speaking as someone who hasn't played the Mario Galaxy games so maybe that's why it seems so new to me. On the other hand, I have completed 3D Land.

Don't start with the other console comparisons...because those are some stupid comments, also plat galaxy best Mario game to date

D-e-f-

Banned
- Since one
Captain Toad

image.php
vs
image.php

Roo

If they were going to announce a bundle for 3D World they probably would've done it before the week of release.

Well, yeah I know
I was just trying to tell him he shouldn't wait for a 3D World bundle because it seems unlikely either at launch or down the line.

Top Bottom