• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

NMFried

Does anyone know if regular Wii Remotes (Non MP ones) can be used for this game? Also, will I be able to use the GamePad for player one, Wii Remote for player two, and pro controller for player three? Just as an example. I've got one of every controller and I'm trying to play multiplayer right away. Thanks!

UNCMark

Banned
So the reviews are tomorrow then? I've already decided that if this game averages 90 or better I'm getting a Wii U instead of an Xbox One. I'm looking at next year's releases and it seems like all the games I want are either multiplats or are exclusive to PS4 and Wii U.

Does anyone know what format NSMBU and New Luigi U are in the bundle?

atom519

Does anyone know how the controls are set up for the Wiimote + Nunchuck layout?

I don't have a pro controller, so was planning on using 3 of these setups for the additional players so they at least have an analog for player movement.

I'm assuming that A button = jump? I'm really just hoping that it's not all motion based controls with flick up = jump, etc.

Roo

Does anyone know how the controls are set up for the Wiimote + Nunchuck layout?

I don't have a pro controller, so was planning on using 3 of these setups for the additional players so they at least have an analog for player movement.

I'm assuming that A button = jump? I'm really just hoping that it's not all motion based controls with flick up = jump, etc.

I'm going to say it will work exactly the same as the Galaxy controls.
The only button I see them changing is B so you can use it to run instead of firing Star Bits.

maxcriden

I think he's being sarcastic.

I was one of those people that wrote it off at first but now I'm pretty excited for it.

No, no sarcasm here. Nintendo is clearly just rehashing what works for them. It's too bad law of diminishing returns can only take them so far. Once again a game where you jump on platforms, super original. And the clouds are straight out of the NES games practically. "Next gen" amirite, smh.

i mean look at the character portraits... they are reusing decades old art

EDIT: whoops double post

This here is a guy who sees the truth about this remake.

I'm not looking forward to the trip to Gamestop when I get off of work. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I hear you man, I'm in Vermont so I'm hoping things won't be too crazy...hopefully all the UVM students will be sleeping or in class.

Joei

That B2G1 free sale last week was at the worst time. I got The Last of Us, Batman Origins and W101.... I mean, how can I not start one of them games up right now? In fact, I started W101 the other night, but come on. I HAVE to get 3D World day 1, I did for Galaxy 1 and 2, and NSMBWii, no way I'm not going to for this. I also just finished NSMBU a few nights ago and thought I'd have Mario fatigue, but nope, I want more... I need more!!

JazzmanZ

Man the music for this game is good it reminds me of the old rubberhose cartoons that always used big band background music.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Any preorder bonuses anywhere for this game?

the one I'm getting has a double cover with a furry belly

Mbyykxd.jpg

MegalonJJ

Banned
Spoilers:

The guy on the other forum, who spoke about post game content updated....
and said he was wrong about only 1 extra world. He says there are indeed more, but he hasn't said how many yet. Also if I'm reading correctly the first post game world is Galaxy themed star world.

Spoiling spoilers, serious spoilers

Quoted as saying,
"looks at the two final challenges, I take back everything I said about this game being easy. Holy fuck."

Spoilers:

The guy on the other forum, who spoke about post game content updated....
and said he was wrong about only 1 extra world. He says there are indeed more, but he hasn't said how many yet. Also if I'm reading correctly the first post game world is Galaxy themed star world.

If he was already wrong, why would anyone believe him now???

Cause he hadn't realised, plus he's a reviewer. So believe him or not, I don't care. Just sharing.

Not blaming you but it's kind of wishy washy going from what he said before to this but maybe he just wanted to give out information as fast as he can.

I am interested in the post-game content though, all I have heard is "post-game worldS" and "quite a bit".

I don't even consider it a spoiler like some may.

I guess I am worried the game will be too simple but it's probably going to be like NSMBU or 3D Land, great but easy, then great and more challenging.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Not blaming you but it's kind of wishy washy going from what he said before to this but maybe he just wanted to give out information as fast as he can.

I am interested in the post-game content though, all I have heard is "post-game worldS" and "quite a bit".

I don't even consider it a spoiler like some may.

I guess I am worried the game will be too simple but it's probably going to be like NSMBU or 3D Land, great but easy, then great and more challenging.

Nail on the head. :)

I've been hyped about several games this year (Animal Crossing, Pokemon X, GTA V) but this game is at my hypest, too bad I won't be getting it until Christmas :/

cluderi

NA gets it a week before Europe, enjoy it you guys. I'll be spending the week reading all your comments ( I might play a little Zelda ALBW as well )

I seriously am amazed about how much of a 180 I've done on this game in the past month. I'm going to be in platformer heaven this winter.

Getting my copy of 3D World this Friday and having a group of friends over to play. Such hype.

Astral Dog

There is just no way this game lives up to the hype, no way.
hope i am wrong, but this game wont be recieved as well as the Galaxies.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
There is just no way this game lives up to the hype, no way.
hope i am wrong, but this game wont be recieved as well as the Galaxies.

It definitely won't be received as well as the Galaxies, you're right. That doesn't mean it won't be as good though.

Gsnap

More importantly, I think 3d world will be more fun.

The fact that I can play this game with my girlfriend and nephew properly will automatically make it more fun to me.

That and I found the extra levels in 3D Land to be harder than anything in Galaxy, so this game should give me enough challenge after the simple fun of the early levels.

It definitely won't be received as well as the Galaxies, you're right. That doesn't mean it won't be as good though.
One thing that's promising is that we definitely see varying layers of difficulty in the trailers. The multiplayer looks like it will go over better than NSMBU

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
More importantly, I think 3d world will be more fun.

I think so as well. Both Galaxy games inspired straight-up awe at some of the levels which is why both were reviewed so well, but due to the multiplayer and variety shown in 3D World so far, I believe it will be a lot more fun.

Darryl

Banned

i think there is a lot more room for people to have controversial opinions over it. i'd be shocked if the scores weren't somewhat mixed.

-a lot of the experience is in multiplayer - that always leads to low scores without online
-no online multiplayer
-short
-fairly easy
-it's on the wii u
-horrible initial reception

i hope the mario fans can contain themselves

Mik2121

Man, until last week I was like "Eh.. I will get this game, but whatever, not too hyped..."

Now I keep checking this thread during work, lol. Anyway, 2 days left. Can't waaaiitttt!! :) Same thing always happens with Nintendo, damn!

That's not hard with 4 player MP. NSMBW and NSMBU are both more fun than SMG 1/2 - but only in multiplayer :D

I've had more fun playing Super Mario World, than I did multiplayer in nsmb.

I've actually been more frustrated, than having fun, in nsmbu, in multiplayer. lol

Multiplayer definitley gives 3d world an edge, though. IGN did praise it for having a great single player experience. With the amount of variety shown in the trailers, and the art/music style, this could still be more fun, single player, than it was for me playing galaxy.

In no way am I saying the Galaxy series isnt great, but half way through playing the first one, I started to not care to play it as much. It started becoming a chore for me to hop around planets. Ive yet to play galaxy 2, though.

3D world looks like a game that I'm eager to finish every single level, and come back for more.

Of course, just my opinions...

IllumiNate

Can someone explain the thread title? I mean what does this game have to do with next gen supposedly starting now?
Is it cause this game comes out at around the same time as PS4 and XB1?
Or is it cause someone thinks this is the first next gen WiiU game?

Haines

Banned
Can someone explain the thread title? I mean what does this game have to do with next gen supposedly starting now?
Is it cause this game comes out at around the same time as PS4 and XB1?
Or is it cause someone thinks this is the first next gen WiiU game?

play on wiiu not being next "gen" and the timing of ps4 xbone, yes

Top Bottom