• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Mael

Why are people arguing with afoni?
He won't even take a dictionary definition as a valid definition.
At this point #Mario3DWorldGOTY could be trending WW on twitter for 2 month prior to launch he still wouldn't see the hype.

afoni

Banned
Why are people arguing with afoni?
He won't even take a dictionary definition as a valid definition.
At this point #Mario3DWorldGOTY could be trending WW on twitter for 2 month prior to launch he still wouldn't see the hype.

Language evolves over time, man. I'm sort of an expert.

so... any place where people would be hyping the game doesn't count as hyping the game?

A small niche hyping the game.

Mael

Language evolves over time, man. I'm sort of an expert.

Like I'd take your word for it.
If we showed you how Mario 3D World is trending on Google Search you'd say that we shouldn't trust Google for some reasons.
You still haven't shown where you've looked and everything so we could verify your claims too.
Again why are people arguing with you on this, you made a claim that is basically impossible to refute on your term.
It's looking like it'd be easier to convince a priest that God doesn't exists.

Mael

calm down, friend

tone isn't well conveyed on text but I can assure you that I'm more than calm (if a bit bored).
I'm more pissed at the current trend of people making a topic like it's news (Title : OMG IT'S GREAT A NEW ONLINE StarFox/ body: Wouldn't it be great?)

javac

It's number 47 on the Amazon.co.uk charts. 37 days in the top 100. To put that in perspective ALBW is number 15, 47 days in the top 100. It's not indicative of sales but I actually think it might be. This is the UK after all :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Embargo ends today? who's doing the review thread?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
^^^ why not?

whoever does it, make sure you have time to update it :)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
You pretty much need certain powerups, like the Tanooki Suit, to get through that one.

I cannot talk about any specifics of course (anything this far in the game is under embargo until it released, but this is just wrong:
I did the final level as big Toad with a fire flower in reserve (which I dropped into a pit on my successful run :D).

Nosgoroth

Oh boy. Nintendo Spain has launched a Twitter campaing where multiple (~10?) spanish websites and blogs have a contest in which you can win a Wii U Premium with NSMBU+LuigiU+SM3DW by tweeting at them with the hashtag #mirecuerdodeMario (#myMariomemory) and a message.

There's a ridiculous amount of twitter spam going on.

This sounds crazy for post game stuff.

The very last world consists of three levels: one final Captain Toad level, one last original level and one last Challenge House.

Now, the Captain Toad level seems daunting at first, but like the five that came before it, it's a piece of piss.
Then there's the last original level, called Champion's Road, which is just hard as nails. A lot of the harder enemies, projectiles, disappearing blocks, etc. You pretty much need certain powerups, like the Tanooki Suit, to get through that one.

But then there's the Challenge House, holy shit. There are a few Challenge Houses scattered throughout the other worlds, and they aren't too hard. A Challenge House consists of a series of short challenges that you each have to clear within ten seconds. Most Challenge houses have three to five challenges and one had ten. That one was a ballbuster. But this final one... is a marathon run of all previous houses. Which means that you have to clear all THIRTY challenges in one go. After a few tries, I got up to challenge sixteen, but ran out of time. Proper palm-sweating stuff. Fuck.

Is that
the only unlockable world after beating Bowser
, or there are more?

Robin64

Predictions.

IGN - 9.6 :)p)
Polygon - 9.0
NintendoLife - 10/10
GameXplain - 5/5
Joystiq - 5/5
CVG - 9/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
EDGE - 9
GameSpot - 9/10
Destructoid - 5/10

Predictions:

"Gaming journalism is a joke!"
*Highly anticipated game on the horizon*
"Where are the reviews?!"
*Reviews of highly anticipated game come out*
"Wow, this game looks great! Awesome!"
*One reviewer, or a few, gives the game a relatively lower score*
"WHAT?! How could X give it a Y/10?! Outrage! Confirm my biases!"

I'm sorry, I could never imagined that could be considered an spoiler itself. I assumed everybody knows there will be that kind of things.

But I'm changing it, sorry again

D-e-f-

Banned
I wonder how many reviews mention its poor initial reveal.

I wonder how Kohler will turn this review into a completely unrelated Nintendo business analysis.

So when does the embargo end?

:p

367.jpg

zigg

So I'm going to have problems quickly picking up my order at Best Buy on Friday after work, aren't I? This is just now sinking in. Maybe I need to be there mid-afternoon or something so I'm back home in time for my friends to come over and play…

Krabboss

I am not a neogaf expert. Does afoni regularly say things which are incorrect and then ask people who they care so much when they correct him? Seems like an awful dude to me.

Top Bottom