• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Richie

Holy shit, the game is now at #11 on US' Amazon's, beating the likes of Killzone and PS4 CoD, and definitely reaching the highest a Wii U anything has been on the charts for all of the year. -Very- nice news and it can only get better from now until Friday. Hopefully.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ooo that's great to see. Still waiting for a 3D world bundle...pls nintendo.

Not gonna happen till next holiday season. This is Nintendo's premier game for the next few months, why throw all those sales/profits down the drain by bundling it with a system.

This sounds crazy for post game stuff.

The very last world consists of three levels: one final Captain Toad level, one last original level and one last Challenge House.

Now, the Captain Toad level seems daunting at first, but like the five that came before it, it's a piece of piss.
Then there's the last original level, called Champion's Road, which is just hard as nails. A lot of the harder enemies, projectiles, disappearing blocks, etc. You pretty much need certain powerups, like the Tanooki Suit, to get through that one.

But then there's the Challenge House, holy shit. There are a few Challenge Houses scattered throughout the other worlds, and they aren't too hard. A Challenge House consists of a series of short challenges that you each have to clear within ten seconds. Most Challenge houses have three to five challenges and one had ten. That one was a ballbuster. But this final one... is a marathon run of all previous houses. Which means that you have to clear all THIRTY challenges in one go. After a few tries, I got up to challenge sixteen, but ran out of time. Proper palm-sweating stuff. Fuck.

Mariolee

Holy shit, the game is now at #11 on US' Amazon's, beating the likes of Killzone and PS4 CoD, and definitely reaching the highest a Wii U anything has been on the charts for all of the year. -Very- nice news and it can only get better from now until Friday. Hopefully.

Really? Geez, that's crazy. Power of the stache I suppose.

This sounds crazy for post game stuff.

The very last world consists of three levels: one final Captain Toad level, one last original level and one last Challenge House.

Now, the Captain Toad level seems daunting at first, but like the five that came before it, it's a piece of piss.
Then there's the last original level, called Champion's Road, which is just hard as nails. A lot of the harder enemies, projectiles, disappearing blocks, etc. You pretty much need certain powerups, like the Tanooki Suit, to get through that one.

But then there's the Challenge House, holy shit. There are a few Challenge Houses scattered throughout the other worlds, and they aren't too hard. A Challenge House consists of a series of short challenges that you each have to clear within ten seconds. Most Challenge houses have three to five challenges and one had ten. That one was a ballbuster. But this final one... is a marathon run of all previous houses. Which means that you have to clear all THIRTY challenges in one go. After a few tries, I got up to challenge sixteen, but ran out of time. Proper palm-sweating stuff. Fuck.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Reminds me of that one endurance level from Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door IIRC

RagnarokX

It was like #13 on that list yesterday.

Schnozberry

The game will sell more copies than actual consoles exist out in the wild due to branding confusion. Some game outlet will refuse to return open software, and Nintendo will get bad press as a result of general consumer stupidity and retailer apathy regarding separation of Wii and Wii U product placement.

A local Fox affiliate will run a consumer justice video with some morbidly obese tween complaining about how his Wii needs an upgrade to play the New Mario, and when he complained on Neogaf, vicious online bullies caused him to contemplate suicide. Someone will post the YouTube video on GAF, and the first post will be reggieshrug.gif.

We're talking on one right now, one with a massive userbase as it happens.

Not seeing it.

You haven't seen the posts where they point out the the game is being heavily advertised on tv now? Or that Nintendo is giving away Cat ears to gamestop employess for the launch of the game? How about it being playable at Pottery Barn? That is a large amount of hype given to the game by Nintendo, isn't it? How about hype by IGN and it's announcement that it's going to have 3 days of coverage for the game coming up? How about the game being nominated for GotY at VGX? Hpw about amazon listing it as the number one preorder yesterday?

afoni

Banned
You haven't seen the posts where they point out the the game is being heavily advertised on tv now?
Or that Nintendo is giving away Cat ears to gamestop employess for the launch of the game?
How about it being playable at Pottery Barn?
How about hype by IGN and it's announcement that it's going to have 3 days of coverage for the game coming up?
How about the game being nominated for GotY at VGX?
Hpw about amazon listing it as the number one preorder yesterday?

1. Nope. Even then, Nintendo advertising doesn't count as hype.
2. Marketing isn't hype.
3. ...Pottery Barn marketing isn't hype.
4. Nintendo giving IGN the ability to show off footage is marketing. Again, not hype.
5. Journalists aren't hype.
6. I don't look at those things.

2. Marketing isn't hype.
4. Nintendo giving IGN the ability to show off footage is marketing. Again, not hype.

WTF.
Yes marketing and advertising is hype. Here are at least a dozen dictionary definitions to verify that:
http://www.onelook.com/?w=hype&ls=a

No review thread?

Famitsu 38/40
Ign 96
ONM 93
HobbyConsolas 92
The Ranting Robots 89

Ugh... please don't count or give any more exposure to those Ranting Robots fools.

99% sure they just watch trailers and review off that... the "reviews" are usually posted a week (or more) before embargo and contain only footage that you find everywhere else.

Also, wtf just saw this: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rantingrobot-uprising

Kard8p3

NFreak

Ugh... please don't count or give any more exposure to those Ranting Robots fools.

99% sure they just watch trailers and review off that... the "reviews" are usually posted a week (or more) before embargo and contain only footage that you find everywhere else.

Also, wtf just saw this: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rantingrobot-uprising

Uggghhh, I hate those guys. That indiegogo is fucking shameful. It's sad they can get away with what they're doing with their reviews.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Afoni has insider information on the hype levels, don't argue folks

how do you guys think this game will stack up in terms of sales?

In absolute terms: Pretty bad
In relative terms: Pretty good

Ugh, got emails from Amazon telling me I'm not getting my preorder from them until the 26th.

Probably going to end up at Gamestop and hoping to find a copy on release date instead.

2. Marketing isn't hype.
How does number 6 not qualify? That seems like it would be the most valid qualification or hype by your definition.

Mael

Language is only given meaning through context. Don't rely on dictionaries.

Not sure why you're taking so much issue with this anyway.

moving-goal-posts.jpg

If I ever saw one.

Again, why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Well I'm not really but saying " not sure if" several times and once in caps makes it seem like you thought the other poster possibly said something laughable and foolish when they really didn't,

But whatever Im done talking about it and I'm putting on my Mario pants.

Top Bottom