• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

zroid

Banned
How do I post screenshot of the game from the Wii U browser?

as easy as you'd imagine: just suspend the game, go to the browser and upload the screen to the image host of your choice. you can choose between the TV or GamePad screen.

my personal recommendation is to setup a minus gallery on your pc beforehand, and then login on the wii u browser and upload everything there. makes them easy to access.

The transition of music from being underwater to surface is fucking incredible.

word

Mik317

Whaaat? There have amazing final bosses in the latest Mario games.

Tub Bowser alone probably sours me on it. I haven;t played Galaxy in a while but I remember Bowser being easy there too. Can't speak for Galaxy 2 or most of the NSMB games( Wii's was pretty hype IIRC)

But this game's "fight" was pretty epic in terms of whats going on.

Neiteio

The music in the circus/carnival-themed levels always seems to dovetail perfectly with me catching the top of the flagpole. Like the final note of the bombastic band overture pops with the final jump. :)

Berordn

Tub Bowser alone probably sours me on it. I haven;t played Galaxy in a while but I remember Bowser being easy there too.

Galaxy's battle was probably one of the best ones where you actually go head to head with him. Galaxy 2 ended up being pretty poor on that front (though the standard Bowser fight was kinda cool).

This game is so good. In the middle of world 6, the end of the creativity is nowhere in sight.

Also, I'm sure the infinite one-ups in 1-2 has been documented, but here's a visual guide:
ibalRSVbWM5p2x.jpg

Took a decent number of tries to get the shell to stick without going into the tube (throw from top left), but lives are no longer an issue! Got to 865 before the timer ran out.

The graphics may be "last-gen," but Nintendo keeps on wow-ing me with this game.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xljtr.jpg

Really?

This particular shot does the exact opposite for me. It looks like last-gen blandness with "HD-effects" crammed in everywhere you'd find on the PS360, with the exception of Mario himself.

Super Mario 3D World Impressions:

9/10
Good review!
On a side note, I love the level Piranha Creeper Creek. Also, I think I stumbled across the same shortcut Dax found. (World warp spoiler:
Orange Warp Pipe you reach above Piranha Creeper Creek, using the Cat Suit to scale the walls by the toxic waterfalls after the underground portion near the end.
)
Yup, that's the one!
Really?

This particular shot does the exact opposite for me. It looks like last-gen blandness with "HD-effects" crammed in everywhere you'd find on the PS360, with the exception of Mario himself.
#fail

The transition of music from being underwater to surface is fucking incredible.

I especially like hearing the song in that lagoon level, that starts out with goombas on floaties, underwater. Its so blissful, especially starring at the shimmers in the water. One of my all time favorite music/visual combination in a video game.

Small little touch, i noticed you can make flowers grow in the grass if you hold down long enough, with the touch screen.

Overall, this is a brilliant game that i think was needed to be made to freshen up the Mario franchise. NSMB series has been getting somewhat stale, and galaxy 2 sold less than the first one, iirc.

Lijik

Also I cant believe they finally brought back that spinning jump from Mario Sunshine. That was Sunshine's best addition to the series, and Im glad to see it back

Also I cant believe they finally brought back that spinning jump from Mario Sunshine. That was Sunshine's best addition to the series, and Im glad to see it back

Do you spin the stick and then jump? Or is there a designated button / some other action?
I ask because it looks like people are able to pull it off really easily on the run.

Neiteio

Looks like last-gen blandness crammed with HD effects.
lol, before someone takes Dax seriously, that's her satire on some other guy who failed to see how beautiful the rain-drenched doom fortress looked in stills (even better in motion!) :)

OryoN

This game is so good. In the middle of world 6, the end of the creativity is nowhere in sight.

Also, I'm sure the infinite one-ups in 1-2 has been documented, but here's a visual guide:

Took a decent number of tries to get the shell to stick without going into the tube (throw from top left), but lives are no longer an issue! Got to 865 before the timer ran out.

Neat alternative! You can also do it in front if the tube. There's enough space to avoid the suction. I did it last night. Also, dat 865! And here I thought my ~215 was greedy, lol. ;p

Lumyst

Oh yeah, what are those things with the fuzzy hats called that walk in formation? It cracks me up every time when they're walking all orderly then when you jump on one of them, they all freak out,disband and run around like cowards :p

javac

Man why can't next Friday be last Friday D: I'm playing through Galaxy 1 and 2 in the meantime 100% in preparation. I'm also playing ALTTP 100% for the first time while my ALBW cart sits in its treasure chest case :(

Neiteio

Oh yeah, what are those things with the fuzzy hats called that walk in formation? It cracks me up every time when they're walking all orderly then when you jump on one of them, they all freak out,disband and run around like cowards :p
Yeah, the wind-up toy soldiers are great. I also love the giant spiky caterpillars in the autumn-themed level, the ones that follow the tracks. They have the bright fall colors and the undulating "spiky" effect of the Fuzzies. :)

Lijik

Do you spin the stick and then jump? Or is there a designated button / some other action?
I ask because it looks like people are able to pull it off really easily on the run.

You spin the stick around until the character themselves start spinning, and then you jump. Its not as instaneous as it was in Sunshine

Did anyone else not realize the train was steadily speeding up at the beginning of the Bullet Bill train level their first time around? I remember trying to grab the cannon box thinking I just wasn't timing my jumps right when suddenly I have to scramble on board before I got left behind. Good stuff.

NotLiquid

Bahh my TV broke, going to have to order a new one. At times like these the Wii U Gamepad is a goddamn blessing I tell you, but I hope my new TV gets here before Friday. I can't wait any longer and I don't want my first experience with the game be constrained to Gamepad quality.

RagnarokX

Yeah, the wind-up toy soldiers are great. I also love the giant spiky caterpillars in the autumn-themed level, the ones that follow the tracks. They have the bright fall colors and the undulating "spiky" effect of the Fuzzies. :)
The first time I saw one of those from a distance I thought it looked like an automatic carwash brush.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The way the characters move in this game reminded me some game, but I couldn't tell what. But it just hit me: Wario World for the GC.

That or any GC Mario Party.

Blizzard

Banned
Some of you have such great screenshots. I have got to figure out if there's a trick to it.

Does it matter whether the TV/monitor/WiiU is doing 720p or 1080p? I know it upscales, but I didn't know if that affected the quality.

Some shots like this look more like mine, more blurry or jaggy:

But others (also by Zeer0id) look great:

Another example, not picking on anyone or trolling, just trying to figure out the best settings.

Jaggy:

Smooth:

It looks like the Miiverse shots (if that's what the "Post" icon means) are not as high quality. But, I have been uploading directly from the browser, running on a 1080p monitor, and I get these two. Is this what I should be seeing for optimal quality?
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01imfxd.jpg
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gml8l.jpg

Lastly, to answer this question:
how do you upload directly through the browser?
Press the Home button, select web browser, go to your favorite image upload/email site of choice, and click a Browse button like you would upload a file from a hard drive. Instead you will get a popup letting you select either the TV image or the gamepad image to upload.

OH, I forgot to mention. Most of the music semed decent in the first world and not ultra memorable, though one level (the circus?) had kind of annoying music...but the first castle level music was AWESOME.

Top Bottom