• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

adg1034

So, in 3D Land, you got penalized (no shiny stars on your profile) if you see the Golden Leaf box (after you die 5+ times in a level). Do we know if the same goes for 3D World?

Neiteio

So, in 3D Land, you got penalized (no shiny stars on your profile) if you see the Golden Leaf box (after you die 5+ times in a level). Do we know if the same goes for 3D World?
I'm nearly positive I saw the Golden Leaf box multiple times in the latter half of 3D Land and STILL got the shiny stars on my profile.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Some of you have such great screenshots. I have got to figure out if there's a trick to it.

Does it matter whether the TV/monitor/WiiU is doing 720p or 1080p? I know it upscales, but I didn't know if that affected the quality.

Some shots like this look more like mine, more blurry or jaggy:

But others (also by Zeer0id) look great:

Another example, not picking on anyone or trolling, just trying to figure out the best settings.

Jaggy:

Smooth:

It looks like the Miiverse shots (if that's what the "Post" icon means) are not as high quality. But, I have been uploading directly from the browser, running on a 1080p monitor, and I get these two. Is this what I should be seeing for optimal quality?
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01imfxd.jpg
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gml8l.jpg

Lastly, to answer this question:

Press the Home button, select web browser, go to your favorite image upload/email site of choice, and click a Browse button like you would upload a file from a hard drive. Instead you will get a popup letting you select either the TV image or the gamepad image to upload.

OH, I forgot to mention. Most of the music semed decent in the first world and not ultra memorable, though one level (the circus?) had kind of annoying music...but the first castle level music was AWESOME.

I'm playing on 720p TV, if that tells anything.

corn_fest

Pretty sure it was only if you used it.
The only game that un-shinied your stars for merely seeing the box was NSMB Wii.

ibdKm9iOFaLRMK.jpg

I took this one a bit ago. This level was fantastic! It looks much better in person, though.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Post World 2 Impressions (all stamps, all green stars, all gold poles):

THIS GAME IS LIKE TAKING PURE JOY AND PUTTING IT ON A DISC!

Dat World 3 music!

Skilletor

My gamepad is losing connection every 3 seconds. :-( I'm practically right next to the machine, and I timed it, and it is doing it consistently every 3 seconds. Seems like it's broken. :-(

God Dammit.

BY2K

Membero Americo
My gamepad is losing connection every 3 seconds. :-( I'm practically right next to the machine, and I timed it, and it is doing it consistently every 3 seconds. Seems like it's broken. :-(

God Dammit.

Do you have a mobile phone nearby? It may cause interference.

noobasuar

Banned
Broke down and went to the Eshop to purchase the game. Now I'm getting an error code every time I enter my credit card info. BASTARDS!

lhyo.jpg

So, I just played this game for 11 hours straight, finished all the worlds (post world 5) without even tackling 100%. Currently I'm at 15 hours, at this rate 100%ing it will take 20 some, and all I can say is this game is great. It's not at the same level as Galaxy but it's awesome,
the sheer amount of Galaxy love however makes me think this isn't the only 3D Mario for this system. :3
The only complaints I can think off are:

-The camera can be a little jarring
-There aren't enough challenge houses, and Captain Toad levels

Other than those two though, I love it :D
Also Rosalina controls the best and Star world is the best world in the game.

Toki767

This game is so great. Halfway through World 7. I think the only gripe I have with this game so far is that riding Plessie sucks.

The gamepad features are kinda neat, actually. You can write in the snow(though, fades fairly quick), smash/pick up and throw snowball(probably baseball, also), smash enemies, grab coins, make flowers grow in the grass, blow tiny goombas back/off edges. Grab onto the bunny with a green star, to hold them place(kind of cheating, though), trigger platforms, open doors, and im sure theres more.

I was going to post that I hate each and every one of you North Americans for making me insanely jealous that I have to wait another week to play this. Then I
remembered W101 and Pikmin, so I guess we're even :)
I still hate you

Krabboss

the bad thing about using the Classic Controller is that duck/ground pound etc. is controlled by the two tiny r/l buttons near the top center and not the larger outer ones.....those make you bubble.

Makes it pretty useless.

That is incredibly stupid. I have no idea why they'd do that.

Inotti

I wish it was next friday already! D: I'm so jelly for you guys from NA who are able to play it right now! Week ago I wasn't hyped at all but then I watched the latest trailer and saw all the screenshots and now I really can't wait!

Unlocked
Rosalina
this morning, love this game. Better than Galaxy in my opinion
Star World
seems to be a trial run of a possible Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Unlocked
Rosalina
this morning, love this game. Better than Galaxy in my opinion
Star World
seems to be a trial run of a possible Super Mario Galaxy 3.

They mentioned this game is to help transition 2d mario players, to 3d. So...
The fact that the last world is themed around galaxy makes me think its the transition point to Galaxy 3
. They did mention that its still a possibilty, maybe they just want a bigger 3d mario player install base, before they make it.

The first galaxy sold 10m, globally. Galaxy 2 ended up selling 7m. So there was a dip in 3d mario players and/or purchases.

They mentioned this game is to help transition 2d mario players, to 3d. So...
The fact that the last world is themed around galaxy makes me think its the transition point to Galaxy 3
. They did mention that its still a possibilty, maybe they just want a bigger 3d mario player install base, before they make it.

The first galaxy sold 10m, globally. Galaxy 2 ended up selling 7m. So there was a dip in 3d mario players and/or purchases.

I agree, cant believe how great it looks. It would make some sense to build a larger 3D mario base before Galaxy 3 which would be epic using a more developed version of this engine.

I know they said they didnt plan DLC for this game, but I would pay a small fortune
for more bonus levels like the ones in star world and maybe some extra charecters

I agree, cant believe how great it looks. It would make some sense to build a larger 3D mario base before Galaxy 3 which would be epic using a more developed version of this engine.

I know they said they didnt plan DLC for this game, but I would pay a small fortune
for more bonus levels like the ones in star world and maybe some extra charecters

It could also be a new 3d Mario as well, and that
Galaxy themed world was just in there since the game is a greatest hits collection, in a sense
. Either way, i feel like this is their plan.

Even though this game has high replay value, i could also go for some DLC. Just some quick, unique speed run levels would do.

Ive still yet to play every level. Going back to get all the stars/stamps first.

Aha! Forgot about Captain Toadstool stages. I love those levels: They're essentially one giant puzzle that you have to turn around to figure out.

Now, onto Boswer's lair....

Mik317

i like how they call one of the stages "cakewalk". easily the most rage inducing one yet. in multiplayer at least.

Speaking of multiplayer...some of the later stages will end friendships. I don;t even know how some of that is possible with 2 people let alone 4....geez

There's a whole other world?!

*%&#(@*($@&!

Wait, what am I complaining about? More levels! Looks like I'll be finishing this tomorrow.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017sd7z.jpg

Looking forward to it. :)

Top Bottom