• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Awesome title change. :lol

Just realized I'm going to be out of town all day Sunday. For a good reason,
but bummed I won't be enjoying SMG2 until Monday.

CassSept

OK, that thread title is nice, even if it's still trolling:lol

So, maybe let's get back to the game?
othersteve, awesome vids! I especially liked the
Bowser Lava Lair one. Orchestrated Road to Koopa is just too awesome <3

Amir0x

Banned
The best part of this thread was when people thought I had a hand in changing the title, when I haven't even edited this thread in any way, shape or form.

fanboys are funny.

You guys shame Super Mario Galaxy 2. :solemnheadshake.gif:

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
The best part of this thread was when people thought I had a hand in changing the title, when I haven't even edited this thread in any way, shape or form.

fanboys are funny.

You guys shame Super Mario Galaxy 2. :solemnheadshake.gif:

That sounds like someone who had a hand in changing the thread title would say.

Amir0x

Banned
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever edited a thread title in a way to incite Wii fans. Actually, once I edited a thread title to incite PS3 fans with a slight Wii-bias in tone actually (the PS3 Move Reveal thread).

We are always just having fun, though. It's a gaming forum about games, why do you guys take these system wars so seriously? I mean who cares what the title was, this is gonna be one of the greatest games ever and you're worried the mods are giving unfair treatment to Wii like it's a poor disabled child or something :lol

Sadist

Amir0x said:
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever edited a thread title in a way to incite Wii fans. Actually, once I edited a thread title to incite PS3 fans with a slight Wii-bias in tone actually (the PS3 Move Reveal thread).

We are always just having fun, though. It's a gaming forum about games, why do you guys take these system wars so seriously? I mean who cares what the title was, this is gonna be one of the greatest games ever and you're worried the mods are giving unfair treatment to Wii like it's a poor disabled child or something :lol
but but but

I got nothing

Haunted

Can anyone direct me to a video showing the orchestrated version of Koopa's Road? Wasn't that track on the first OST as well (orchestrated)? Why are people making a big deal out of it this time?

:confused

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
We are always just having fun, though. It's a gaming forum about games, why do you guys take these system wars so seriously?
Ideally, there wouldn't be system warz here at all. Even if they're intended as a joke, these kind of titles just drop that shit into perfectly good threads.

Feep

Banned
Amir0x said:

I don't particularly care, but the reason many of us enjoy GAF so much is that, by and large, it's one of the more mature boards out there, in no small part to the mods. People flock here from the barren wastelands of GameFAQs or IGN, relieved to find a civil place where they don't have to listen to some retard or another shriek that their system is better.

It is for precisely this reason that we feel immediate unease and anger toward any kind of system war bullshit, especially when coming from those who are tasked with removing that kind of behavior so that we can enjoy these forums as a whole. I think it was an immature thing to do, knowing that we *do*, in fact, take GAF seriously. We really like it here, and we don't want to see it messed up.

I spent almost an hour trying to get the purple coins in honeyhive galaxy in smg1 yesterday to no avail. Finally got all 100 coins, then fell into a black hole on my way to the star. I am absolutely terrible at 3d Mario, to the point of mass frustration.

And yet I can't hold back my excitement for smg2. Nintendo totally has me by the balls.

AniHawk

Man I thought I had two weeks off before I started up school again. I only have one week off. I might not even get my copy of SMG2 until I'm back in class.

So, like the first one, I'll probably miss out on all the just-came-out hype for at least a month.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The first one was a compliment towards SMG2. It's been, without exaggeration, two years since I've powered on my Wii, but SMG2 will likely end that streak. SMG1 is the only reason I don't regret buying the system.

All the loyalists going berserk over the title change, though, as if nothing like that had ever been done before to a major official thread and Nintendo was being targeted by a despicable troll mod, warranted a punishment title to beat the oversensitive idiots over the head until either their balls dropped or they had a mental collapse. Assume the latter.

Alas, Lyre and Ami are intent on ruining the fun :|

Antagon

JodyAnthony said:
I spent almost an hour trying to get the purple coins in honeyhive galaxy in smg1 yesterday to no avail. Finally got all 100 coins, then fell into a black hole on my way to the star. I am absolutely terrible at 3d Mario, to the point of mass frustration.

And yet I can't hold back my excitement for smg2. Nintendo totally has me by the balls.

I tried the dreadnaught galaxy purple coins for the first time yesterday
and the second, third..... fiftieth time
. You're going to be in for a world of hurt.

mclem

AniHawk said:
Man I thought I had two weeks off before I started up school again. I only have one week off. I might not even get my copy of SMG2 until I'm back in class.

So, like the first one, I'll probably miss out on all the just-came-out hype for at least a month.

You get to pretend to be European! Aren't you lucky?

m.i.s.

Banned
JodyAnthony said:

Don't be so hard on yourself - you did well to get as far as you've done. The purple wotsits are for the hardest of the hardcore. :D

Chuckie

Antagon said:
I tried the dreadnaught galaxy purple coins for the first time yesterday
and the second, third..... fiftieth time
. You're going to be in for a world of hurt.

Try them with Luigi

CassSept

Amir0x said:
It's a gaming forum about games, why do you guys take these system wars so seriously?
Hey, I just got angry because I was banned for unconscientious trolling for a week :< And I didn't even do it in a mean way, that was as obvious as this one :<

Whatever now, it was fun seeing reactions of all the people here after subsequent title changes:lol Internet, serious business!

JodyAnthony said:
Honeyhive Galaxy Purple Coins was my least favorite level in the game. It's just boring. Timed Purple Coins were superior.
And brace yourself, if NSMBW is any indication SMG2 might be actually pretty damn hard :)

Haunted

MoxManiac said:
I hate timed anything. And FUCK those purple coins. Fuck them in their shiny metal ass.
Bender__s_Shiny_Metal_Ass_by_sircle.png

Feep

Banned
What're everyone's top three stars in SMG1?

1) Lave Spire Daredevil Run
2) Bowser's Galaxy Reactor (Tie)
2) Matter Splatter Galaxy (Tie)
3) Bouldergeist Daredevil Run

(Yes I cheated)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The first star in the Toy Galaxy with the giant robot.

I'm not sure if it's my favourite, but I just remember thinking: THIS FUCKING GAME.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Rez said:
The first star in the Toy Galaxy with the giant robot.

I'm not sure if it's my favourite, but I just remember thinking: THIS FUCKING GAME.

yeah man. that was the moment for me, too. i just realized at that point that the creativity of the game could--and would--expand to just about anywhere, anything was possible, and whatever happened, it would register a 9.9 on the bossometer, causing the violent collapse of buildings and frightened sudden retreat by swarms of beetles.

WillyFive

Son.Ralph.Funk said:
I asked before, and I'll ask again.

Is there a review thread for this game? There are at least 4 reviews out already.

Those reviews are nice, but to say we care is an overstatement.

jrricky

Banned
EviLore said:
The first one was a compliment towards SMG2. It's been, without exaggeration, two years since I've powered on my Wii, but SMG2 will likely end that streak. SMG1 is the only reason I don't regret buying the system.

All the loyalists going berserk over the title change, though, as if nothing like that had ever been done before to a major official thread and Nintendo was being targeted by a despicable troll mod, warranted a punishment title to beat the oversensitive idiots over the head until either their balls dropped or they had a mental collapse. Assume the latter.

Alas, Lyre and Ami are intent on ruining the fun :|
:O

"You are such a pony, a big fat pony!!"

BowieZ

Banned
My three favorite SMG missions are, excluding the final Bowser level:

1. Major Burrows Daredevil Run
2. Bouldergeist's Daredevil Run
3. Toy Time Robot level

Scratch that, the only limitation I have on providing info is video from the first three worlds. Of course, I have to be tasteful about what I reveal elsewhere, but if you guys have general questions about stuff thereafter, I may be able to answer it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
AceBandage said:

When i went to grab Red Dead last night, the girl told me that Gamestop's "new policy" is to mostly only order enough copies for preorders and maybe only 3 extra copies for each store location. To me it sounded like BS, but can anyone in the know confirm?

Secondly...if i didnt preorder Galaxy 2, where would be the best place to grab it Sunday?

Top Bottom