• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Jasoco said:
Is the Kmart deal true? $30 coupon towards another select Mario game?

I still have about 30 stars left with Luigi in the original game. I don't think I'm going to be able to get them all (Damned impossible ones) before Sunday.

Even if it is true, if you're planning on getting New Super Mario Bros Wii, amazon has the better deal for getting both games. You get a $20 in video games credit for pre-ordering SMG2, and NSMBW is $35 AND comes with $10 in video games credit.

udivision said:
Both games are 60 FPS. Maybe it's your TV?
Galaxy 1 ive played on many tv's and has always felt 60fps. But Something about these flash players that make 2 look like a tv running in 120hz or something. Either way. I'm getting more, and more excited watching these videos. Also, without spoiling the names of the levels, how many throwback levels are there? Is it just one from each game?

Sorry a bit lttp on the new thread, I've been digging through a ton of pages but can't find what I need to know on the following:

The fact that the Yoshi egg is on Spaceship Mario, does that mean you can take him to any Galaxy you want?

edit: Or is it just there for sandbox style "practice" on the ship itself or only appears for levels that require Yoshi to progress? If anyone who is currently playing the game can clarify this that'd be awesome.

Bentendo

Agent Unknown said:
Sorry a bit lttp on the new thread, I've been digging through a ton of pages but can't find what I need to know on the following:

The fact that the Yoshi egg is on Spaceship Mario, does that mean you can take him to any Galaxy you want?

Any good links to what's available so far of the orchestrated tracks?

Hmmm... that's a good question. And if someone answers it, please put it in spoilers because personally I'd like to find that out by myself.

I'd guess no though because of suits and the drill.

Jasoco

Banned
PolarBearsClub said:
Even if it is true, if you're planning on getting New Super Mario Bros Wii, amazon has the better deal for getting both games. You get a $20 in video games credit for pre-ordering SMG2, and NSMBW is $35 AND comes with $10 in video games credit.
Who said anything about Mario Bros? I already OWN that. The only game on the list I would even want that I don't have is Party 8. And only because my brother wants it.

MisterHero

civilstrife said:
Never bought a game at Gamestop before. Do they really open their games before selling them? Why? Do they take anything out?
According to my friend, they are allowed to open one box and "rent" a game in its launch frame. But yeah sometimes they do sell boxes (they open more for display) and the games are in some envelope in a drawer somewhere, and they have to put them back in.

I heard that some of them rip games when they do this too. My reaction was :lol

Just make sure that you ask for a sealed copy every time.

Magnus

civilstrife said:
Never bought a game at Gamestop before. Do they really open their games before selling them? Why? Do they take anything out?
No, just the display copies, which will probably be the last 1 to 10 copies in the store depending on how big the store is.

There's no infrastructure in the stores for locking games and displaying them while still full. It's a cost-cutting measure.

civilstrife said:

Thats only for the last copy of a game at their store. Its the game that came in the display box that is on the shelf.

The older the game, the greater the chance it was borrowed out to an employee. WIth a huge game like this, you dont have to worry about not finding new copies.

1-D_FTW

Hobbun said:
For those who ordered from Amazon, what is your delivery estimate date? Mine is dated for May 26th. But then I ordered the hardcover guide as well, so maybe that delayed it.

:lol My shipping estimate is May 28th. Then it'll "ship" and they'll "hold" it for another five days and maybe arrive June 7th. Fuck them though. I've got enough of a backlog that they're not frustrating me into choosing anything other than free shipping.

Taking a break from the Prime Trilogy and started NSMBWii for the first time. I can't be broken, Amazon.

Lkr

How much better does Wii look in 480p? I'm contemplating unhooking my 360 for a bit to play some SMG and then SMG2 this weekend

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lkr said:
How much better does Wii look in 480p? I'm contemplating unhooking my 360 for a bit to play some SMG and then SMG2 this weekend
Depends on the game and the TV. Super Mario Galaxy looks wonderful on my Samsung at 480p though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
1-D_FTW said:
:lol My shipping estimate is May 28th. Then it'll "ship" and they'll "hold" it for another five days and maybe arrive June 7th. Fuck them though. I've got enough of a backlog that they're not frustrating me into choosing anything other than free shipping.

Taking a break from the Prime Trilogy and started NSMBWii for the first time. I can't be broken, Amazon.
Hm, I always get my packages before or on the estimated shipping when I do Super Saver shipping. I remember I got NSMB the next day when I selected free shipping. It was bizarre.

Edit: The "shipping estimate" is the date that it should arrive at my house right? Not the date that it actually ships from Amazon...

BowieZ

Banned
Made this:

e02986.png

An option, I guess, if someone gets a chance to upload the soundtrack before one is released.

1-D_FTW

Fantastical said:
Hm, I always get my packages before or on the estimated shipping when I do Super Saver shipping. I remember I got NSMB the next day when I selected free shipping. It was bizarre.

Every once in a while, Amazon will ship me FFSS super quick. But I ordered NSMBWii from them a little while ago and it took 15 days to arrive. After about 5 days I got an e-mail saying they apologized for the delay and that it was shipping. Then I was sent the tracking number and for the next 5 days it said the carrier expected delivery but hasn't received item, then another 5 days or so once it got into the system.

Sadly, this is closer to normal than not. There's almost always a 5 day delay between when it "ships" and when the delivery company starts transporting it.

I usually plan on 10 days with them and take pride in not caving to their tactics. It's become a battle of wills at this point.

LaneDS

Been avoiding this thread for now, but will I be able to walk into U.S. retail stores on Sunday and pick it up, or is it out Monday?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
LaneDS said:
Been avoiding this thread for now, but will I be able to walk into U.S. retail stores on Sunday and pick it up, or is it out Monday?
Sunday is the day at every large retailer. Gamestop is opening early on Sunday (9AM) as well.

Bentendo

BowieZ said:
Made this:

http://i48.tinypic.com/e02986.png[IMG]

An option, I guess, if someone gets a chance to upload the soundtrack before one is released.[/QUOTE]

Bold "made this" man. BOLD IT! :lol

Vinci

Danish
Magnus said:
I'm so giddy

[IM]http://i45.tinypic.com/xeju4h.jpg[/IM]

Impressions later!

If it weren't for your Malcolm Reynolds avatar and wonderful taste in games, I'd hate you right now. Have fun, man.

Agent Unknown said:

edit: Or is it just there for sandbox style "practice" on the ship itself or only appears for levels that require Yoshi to progress? If anyone who is currently playing the game can clarify this that'd be awesome.
It's just there so you can use him in the Spaceship Mario area; nothing more.

Magnus

Don't worry guys, I'm going through hell right now. Game's forcing a system update that's repeat-freezing at the halfway mark on my Wii. Can't play it yet. :lol

Can't wait till this bricks my system.

ZeroRay

Darklord said:
God, I hate this. And I have to wait over a month. Fuck Nintendo Australia. Fuck them all to hell. :(

I was about to pretend to be Australian since I'm broke right now, but that Gamestop $40 trade in deal saved my ass. :lol

SO BRING ON SUNDAY!

Magnus said:
Don't worry guys, I'm going through hell right now. Game's forcing a system update that's repeat-freezing at the halfway mark on my Wii. Can't play it yet. :lol

I would say that I hope it takes the update until let's say Sunday to finish but... nahhh man enjoy the game, and fuck you.

Piano

Banned
Magnus said:
I'm so giddy

xeju4h.jpg

Impressions later!

Here is your mission, if you choose to accept it:
Get to THROWBACK GALAXY, FLASHBLACK GALAXY and the SPECIAL WORLD as soon as possible. Take videos and pictures if you can, and report back to GAF ASAP. If you skip meals and use a chamber pot it should only take you until tomorrow morning.

ZeroRay

Magnus said:

Serves you right for getting games early and taunting us for months. ;)

Magnus

The update worked after hanging at the halfway mark for like, 5 minutes. For some reason though, my Wii isn't displayable in widescreen. The widescreen setting works, but my TV's still showing borders on the sides. I must solve this issue before commencing. :lol

Magnus said:
The update worked after hanging at the halfway mark for like, 5 minutes. For some reason though, my Wii isn't displayable in widescreen. The widescreen setting works, but my TV's still showing borders on the sides. I must solve this issue before commencing. :lol

You're lying, you're already 5 minutes in and it's by far the best game you have ever played and you just feel badly for everyone else.

Jasoco said:
Who said anything about Mario Bros? I already OWN that. The only game on the list I would even want that I don't have is Party 8. And only because my brother wants it.

No one? That's why I said if. Just trying to help, yeesh.

Magnus

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You're lying, you're already 5 minutes in and it's by far the best game you have ever played and you just feel badly for everyone else.

Haha, I wasn't lying. One of the component inputs on my TV just wasn't translating the widescreen properly. I can't figure out why. The other one worked, so I'm in!

Wow, I think I had a smile plastered on my face for the first 15 minutes. The sheer joy of the music and visuals, just like SMG1. Amazing.

And already one nice improvement over SMG1:
Interactive storybook introduction! No sitting and watching a star storybook tale for 10 minutes.

The little things make it a sweeter deal!

And yet another surprise, at least to me, since I kind of went on a blackout aside from the introductory E3 trailer last year:

An SMB3/SMW-style map for levels/worlds, haha. I was kind of hoping the Mario Ship that the Lumas craft for you would be pilotable around a hub that took you to the different galaxies, but this'll do just fine I guess.

Wishing this beauty was in HD, but what're you gonna do. It's Mario, and it's awesome! The music is amazing.

MisterHero said:
According to my friend, they are allowed to open one box and "rent" a game in its launch frame. But yeah sometimes they do sell boxes (they open more for display) and the games are in some envelope in a drawer somewhere, and they have to put them back in.

I heard that some of them rip games when they do this too. My reaction was :lol

Just make sure that you ask for a sealed copy every time.

I worked at a gamestop, they open new games a lot yes. NEW games day of releases, and ones that sell out alot no, they are sealed. youll know if it's been opened if it's only shrink wrapped and not the harder plastic which actually is folded closed like normal DVD wrapping.

We actually open the games, put them in envelopes, then when you buy we would put them back in the case, go in the back and shrink wrap it. Unless it comes from the cases right behind you.

Easy tip, if they go in the back, it's been wrapped.

Magnus

HenryGale said:
I worked at a gamestop, they open new games a lot yes. NEW games day of releases, and ones that sell out alot no, they are sealed. youll know if it's been opened if it's only shrink wrapped and not the harder plastic which actually is folded closed like normal DVD wrapping.

We actually open the games, put them in envelopes, then when you buy we would put them back in the case, go in the back and shrink wrap it. Unless it comes from the cases right behind you.

Easy tip, if they go in the back, it's been wrapped.

Unless it's a smaller store that's been forced to keep factory-sealed backstock in their backroom. :D

But yeah, typically, during the first couple of days of a new release, it'll just be in the area behind the cash.

Bentendo said:
You got some purdy fingers.

Why thank you :lol

Top Bottom