• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

brandonh83 said:
ONE HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE MINUTES

AHHHHH BITCHES AHHHHHH

Where did are you getting it at midnight? It hadn't even occurred to me to try and get this game at a midnight release, but that would be a pleasant surprise if so.

Vanille

BowieZ said:
I have a feeling that, in a few weeks time, people saying "there's no Buoy Base Galaxy theme" will be looking back scratching their heads at their early opinions ^_^ but then again maybe I will.

Buoy Base pretty much immediately jumped out at me and became an instant favorite. Haven't quite experienced that with SMG2's OST yet, but it's quickly growing on me. I can't stop listening to Melty Monster. <3

autobzooty said:
Where did are you getting it at midnight? It hadn't even occurred to me to try and get this game at a midnight release, but that would be a pleasant surprise if so.

Around me, Wal-Mart and Hastings. Probably doing Wal-Mart if they get it at midnight (they should, they always do) because it literally takes me 2 minutes to get there.

camineet

Banned
Vanille said:
Buoy Base pretty much immediately jumped out at me and became an instant favorite. Haven't quite experienced that with SMG2's OST yet, but it's quickly growing on me. I can't stop listening to Melty Monster. <3

What level in SMG2 is most like Melty Molton Galaxy, if there is one?

MiamiWesker said:
Where are you getting it, Wal-mart. I never have success at my Wal-Mart's, they say wait till morning.

Really? That's weird. I live in Kentucky and I rarely have trouble with midnight sales at Wal-Mart :lol

That said, Hastings is for sure doing a midnight launch so even if they don't get it I have another resort.

brandonh83 said:
Really? That's weird. I live in Kentucky and I rarely have trouble with midnight sales at Wal-Mart :lol

That said, Hastings is for sure doing a midnight launch so even if they don't get it I have another resort.

I get a bunch of cranky old people that barely speak english at night. I had a five minute conversation with a guy on why he couldn't give me Uncharted 2 on release night.

MiamiWesker said:
I get a bunch of cranky old people that barely speak english at night. I had a five minute conversation with a guy on why he couldn't give me Uncharted 2 on release night.

I've never had trouble with actually buying a game at midnight. Either they sell it at midnight, or they didn't get any in. On rare occasion, they get the product, but they don't actually get it stocked until after 1am or so but even then, every time I've asked they usually drop what they're doing to go find it. :lol

BowieZ

Banned
Super Mario No Gimmicky Themed Location This Time Just Pure Traveling From Mushroom Kingdom To Koopa Kingdom In 3D Goodness Oh And In HD Too I Guess

andymcc said:
i specifically remember you stating that the yoshi's island games weren't real mario games.

perhaps i'm mistaken.
lol notsureifserious but it was the complete opposite :p

Oblivion said:
Okay, I'm probably gonna get eviscerated for this but oh teh wellz.

Against my better judgement, I listened to quite a few tracks from the game, and I have to say, I'm a tad disappointed. The problem I think is that Yokota or whoever seemed to focus more on making the tracks sound orchestrated, but not on making them sound good. By that, I don't mean that they're not good - they are - BUT they're not very catchy like so many of the themes in the original. It's the same problem that I have with a lot of movie scores. Sure, they may have a gigantic music budget with a 50 piece orchestra, but all of that won't make much of a difference if the compositions are forgettable. I dunno, hopefully there are more tracks that weren't posted that are much better, but just my two cents.
I couldn't disagree more. I'm as much a melodic orchestral proponent as anyone, but I personally think this might just be the best gaming soundtrack I've heard to date.

Maybe you need to listen to it after you play the game; once you hear the songs enough, the brilliance is more than evident!

ILikeFeet said:
Super Mario Awesome

TFX6Q.jpg

Eyemus Lutt said:
Not sure if this was answered, but is there a display option for 4:3 or is it only widescreen.
It annoyed me that NSMB wii and Red steel 2 don't have any options for standard TV's.

Sorry for this quote bump, but I really want it answered, as I haven't even come across a 360 game that doesn't give you the option to play in 4:3 even though it's made for HD TV's but Nintendo won't support what most people are playing on even though it's SD.

fuuuuuck yeah just called Wal-Mart and they're selling it in an hour. oh god it's really here. I'm so happy I feel like donating $40 to IGN.

Galang

Banned
Damn, I never even considered getting it at Wal-mart at midnight :(. Looks like I'll just have to get a really good sleep in preparation!

andymcc

Banned
brandonh83 said:

i lived in eastern kentucky for most of my life, still live very close, and always used to use the wal-mart in my hometown for midnight releases w/ no problem.

Eric WK

ILikeFeet said:
which store has the best deal? I heard Target has a $30 off any other Mario game. isn't TRU doing something too?

Target's is $20 off another Mario game. K-Mart has $30 off another.

Probably going to use that to get SMG2 and either NSMB or SMG1.

andymcc said:
i lived in eastern kentucky for most of my life, still live very close, and always used to use the wal-mart in my hometown for midnight releases w/ no problem.

Eastern KY is really beautiful. Aside from the rednecks and general stupidity, it's a very cool and serene place to live, IMO. Then again I prefer the more country life to city life (not country as in like redneck stuff, I just like the scenery more). :lol

But yeah, never really have problems getting games at midnight at Wal-Mart. Not to mention there are hardly ever any lines for this sort of stuff. There are always big lines for GTA and Call of Duty crap but those games have universal appeal.

Lkr

brandonh83 said:
So is anyone else getting this within the next hour?
nope, I've had it since last night

sorry, had to come in and do it since you guys are so hyped for the next 29 minutes still. it is worth it!

Feep said:
Fucking Los Angeles, Wal-Marts and K-Marts aren't open 24 hours?

(*#@&$@!(&$

I don't even HAVE a walmart near my house. they were gonna build one, but a bunch of protesters drove them away. :lol ;-;

Can't find anywhere else to get it from at midnight either. Guess I'll have to wait.

autobzooty said:
I don't even HAVE a walmart near my house. they were gonna build one, but a bunch of protesters drove them away. :lol ;-;

Can't find anywhere else to get it from at midnight either. Guess I'll have to wait.

Just think of the poor souls that have to actually wait to get it in the coming weeks and months, we're lucky.

I ordered it on Amazon for the $20 credit with free shipping. Someone told me I should just buy it at the store and then take the one I get from Amazon back to the store. Isn't that illegal or something? :S

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
How about me? I have to wait until noon tomorrow until I can pick it up!!!!

So glad I don't have to wait a month.

ntropy

BowieZ said:
Super Mario No Gimmicky Themed Location This Time Just Pure Traveling From Mushroom Kingdom To Koopa Kingdom In 3D Goodness Oh And In HD Too I Guess
the next Mario in a stale environment as dry as the channels in Mars? how refreshing!

barnone

Ordered off Amazon for the free $20 coupon with free saver shipping. Going to have to wait a while, but I've got the whole summer to play this thing :D

barnone said:
Ordered off Amazon for the free $20 coupon with free saver shipping. Going to have to wait a while, but I've got the whole summer to play this thing :D
I also got the free shipping, and according to Amazon it should be at my house by Wednesday. Not really that long of a wait, plus a free $20.

Feep

Banned
Off-topic: Speaking of Off-Topic, what're all these | OT | after thread titles? o_O

Edit: LOL, not Off-Topic. Official Thread.

Top Bottom