• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

barnone

Blu_LED said:
I also got the free shipping, and according to Amazon it should be at my house by Wednesday. Not really that long of a wait, plus a free $20.

My delivery estimate is June 7 - 11. I just caved in to the hype and ordered it this afternoon though. May 28 shipping estimate.

Provider

I just got the Game. Apparently it's out today (Saturday) in Mexico. I played a couple of levels but I was too hungry so I'm having dinner right now. Oh yeah. I also had preordered from amazon but I couldn't wait. I'll sell the other copy or give it to my nephew.

tabsina

Feep said:
Off-topic: Speaking of Off-Topic, what're all these | OT | after thread titles? o_O

Edit: LOL, not Off-Topic. Official Thread.

I like it, makes it a cleaner looking page and easier to spot official threads

So I didn't preorder this game...I've gotten out of the habit of preordering since I like to shop around for stores who put the game out on street date. Will I have trouble getting my hands on it? I'm thinking probably not, but man that sure would be a disaster.

autobzooty said:
So I didn't preorder this game...I've gotten out of the habit of preordering since I like to shop around for stores who put the game out on street date. Will I have trouble getting my hands on it? I'm thinking probably not, but man that sure would be a disaster.

Nah.
They send hundreds of copies to most stores.

autobzooty said:

Why not pre-order now and get a $20 games credit at amazon?

Galang

Banned
I was going to pre-order from amazon, but considering it's a long weekend here I couldn't imagine having to wait two extra days knowing I could of had it already. Only game I'm willing to pass up saving money in order to be happier earlier. :D

bounchfx

Galaxy 2 GET!!

by far the worst service I ever had at a wal mart. they were slow (literally barely moving), had no idea what I was talking about, and ridiculed me for getting it. new low. jesus. I can't say I had expectations for wal mart but whatever it was they sure took it down a notch.

Synless

autobzooty said:
cos i want to have the game when it comes out
You could do what I did and get an Amazon copy with the $20 credit, go to Walmart and buy it at midnight (like I just did), and return the copy from Amazon to Walmart when it comes in. Its a win win situation.

bounchfx said:
Galaxy 2 GET!!

by far the worst service I ever had at a wal mart. they were slow (literally barely moving), had no idea what I was talking about, and ridiculed me for getting it. new low. jesus. I can't say I had expectations for wal mart but whatever it was they sure took it down a notch.

Yeah, Walmarts are pretty much shit holes.
I've never been to one that was even clean...
Ugh.

vgamer1

andymcc said:
i got the game at wally-world.

game requires system update. is my homebrew going to be fucked? :lol

If you have homebrew, surely you have Priiloader or the USB loader installed which allows you to skip those pesky updates!

Galang

Banned
Synless said:
You could do what I did and get an Amazon copy with the $20 credit, go to Walmart and buy it at midnight (like I just did), and return the copy from Amazon to Walmart when it comes in. Its a win win situation.

Wow, it really works out like that? :lol Have to remember this from now on.

Synless

Galang said:
Wow, it really works out like that? :lol Have to remember this from now on.
Why wouldn't it? Your just taking the Amazon copy back to Walmart or whatever store you bought the first copy from, just don't lose your receipt!!

-PXG-

EBC3012703.jpg

Stacks with Edge Card. So yeah, that's a whopping 60% bonus. Can't complain about that.

bounchfx

OH GOD ITS SO GOOD.

AND ALL I DID WAS PUT IN MY NAME
/millhouse

why the fuck do my batteries have to be almost dead!? I fucking forgot to buy batteries while I was at the store.. shit. :(:(

Hieberrr

bounchfx said:
OH GOD ITS SO GOOD.

AND ALL I DID WAS PUT IN MY NAME
/millhouse

why the fuck do my batteries have to be almost dead!? I fucking forgot to buy batteries while I was at the store.. shit. :(:(

Eneloop!

bounchfx said:
by far the worst service I ever had at a wal mart. they were slow (literally barely moving), had no idea what I was talking about, and ridiculed me for getting it.

Really? Uh, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the dickheads fired if it were me. At my Wal-Mart they actually got over the intercom and said "customers may now come to the electronics where they can purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2™!"

But yeah, that is shitty and not to be tolerated. Fuck them. The title screen to the game alone is greater than their pitiful and unfortunate existence :lol

I stopped after getting 3 or 4 stars, it's late and I know if I kept going, I would just... keep going. All I needed was a taste, but I got a fucking steak dinner.

DeathbyVolcano said:
Oh come on, they work at fucking Wal-Mart. Either their life sucks to begin with and/or working at Wal-Mart is worse than being unemployed.

True enough but that doesn't give them the right to criticize one of their customers for purchasing a pretty popular game. And hey, a job is a job. It's better than what more than a few people are able to find at the moment. Still, whether they love their job or hate it, it's no reason to be an outright douchebag to a customer.

But whatever, not my business nor did it happen to me. Just saying, if someone was like that to me I would more than likely bring it up to a manager. Who fucking cares though, this game is amazing and worth the "ridicule!"

NotWii

Banned
tabsina said:
I like it, makes it a cleaner looking page and easier to spot official threads
It's dumb to nest them inside the middle of the thread name
Putting them at the beginning would make them lineup...

OT: Super Mario Galaxy 2
OT: Portal 2

But it should be changed to something other than 'OT', it's too easy to confuse with Off topic

Also, Bowser's dialogue has been fucking hilarious.

"I'm HUUUUGE!!!" and "Have fun with your mushrooms... gwahahaha"

As a fan of great over-the-top Bowser lines, this game is delivering in spades.

bounchfx

oh man. I'm only 3 stars in and this is the happiest a game has made me in a while. it's like some kind of wonderful drug. so fucking good... even after all the hype.

BowieZ

Banned
yanhero said:
Are there any stores selling this at midnight in vancouver canada?
Call some of these numbers up and see if they're open!

brandonh83 said:
Also, Bowser's dialogue has been fucking hilarious. As a fan of great over-the-top Bowser lines, this game is delivering in spades.
Yup, from what I've seen, this game has much more of the humor and self deprecation of your typical Paper Mario game.

Wii said:
Putting them at the beginning would make them lineup... But it should be changed to something other than 'OT', it's too easy to confuse with Off topic
|IA|

JRW

Wii said:

But it should be changed to something other than 'OT', it's too easy to confuse with Off topic

You're onto something there...

Agreed.

Magnus

Just got home from the first of many Victoria Day weekend BBQ parties, and man do I want to play this some more (30 stars or so in)....but I'm soooo tired :lol

hatchx

Banned
Wii said:

How could anyone possibly go off topic?

Top Bottom