• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

schick85

This game is the best thing that happened to XBLA ever since 'splosion Man came out. That's just my opinion, of course.

Shurs

schick85 said:
This game is the best thing that happened to XBLA ever since 'splosion Man came out. That's just my opinion, of course.

I like Super Meat Boy way more than I liked Splosion Man.

Shurs

Gowans007 said:
The warp to get Ogmo is ... Well gave up half way through thr second stage of it for now

Just wait until you see the third level. :lol

I stuck with it, working through the frustration. I wish there were replays for the Warp Zones. I swear I went through over 300 lives on the third stage of the Ogmo Warp.

Gowans

Shurs said:
Just wait until you see the third level. :lol

I stuck with it, working through the frustration. I wish there were replays for the Warp Zones. I swear I went through over 300 lives on the third stage of the Ogmo Warp.

:(

Shurs

EagleEyes said:
They are both amazing games. I think personally XBLA is the best thing to happen this generation.

I'd put the PSN Store side by side with XBLA and agree that downloadable games are great part of this console generation.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
EagleEyes said:
I think personally XBLA is the best thing to happen this generation.
Delicious truth.

Though I'd expand it to include all downloadable platforms (WiiWare, DSiWare, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network).

EagleEyes

Shurs said:
I'd put the PSN Store side by side with XBLA and agree that downloadable games are great part of this console generation.
Yeah there have been a few games on PSN that i've liked( Flower and PJ Shooter come to mind) but nothing on the sheer volume of great games that have come to XBLA. The only game i've bought on PSN this year has been Joe Danger. Dead Nation does look good though.

REV 09

Shurs said:
PSN lack of required demos puts it behind XBLA for me. A lot of demos do come later, but by then I either don't notice or no longer care.

Shurs

EagleEyes said:
Yeah there have been a few games on PSN that i've liked( Flower and PJ Shooter come to mind) but nothing on the sheer volume of great games that have come to XBLA. The only game i've bought on PSN this year has been Joe Danger. Dead Nation does look good though.

It has been a weak year for PS3 exclusives, no doubt. I've played the first 3 levels of Dead Nation and it's really good. I don't feel like getting into a list war, but I do think that PSN matches XBLA in volume of great games. XBLA has more games, but I feel like a lot of their exclusives are mediocre, but the only reason I say "a lot" is because there are so many, there are tons of great titles too.

depward said:
I hope that everyone who buys also AT LEAST downloads the trial to N+. N+ needs as much love as humanly possible.

+1 for N+ love.

LordPhoque said:
PSN releases have been really slow since Flower. :/
Anyway, SMB is definitely my digital GOTY.

I'm waiting for Spelunky before I call it.

Please come out this year, Spelunky!!

EagleEyes said:

PSN releases have been really slow since Flower. :/
Anyway, SMB is definitely my digital GOTY.

Shurs said:
XBLA has more games, but I feel like a lot of their exclusives are mediocre

Are you serious ? XBLA has an amazing exclusive line-up. I'm not arguing about quantity between the two services, but exclusive-wise I think XBLA has the advantage. But yeah if you count some obscure mediocre games, maybe... but we could say the same about the DS and PS2 libraries.

schick85

EagleEyes said:
I think personally XBLA is the best thing to happen this generation.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually kinda agree with what you just wrote over there. Am I going mad?

EagleEyes

Shurs said:
It has been a weak year for PS3 exclusives, no doubt. I've played the first 3 levels of Dead Nation and it's really good. I don't feel like getting into a list war, but I do think that PSN matches XBLA in volume of great games. XBLA has more games, but I feel like a lot of their exclusives are mediocre, but the only reason I say "a lot" is because there are so many, there are tons of great titles too.

+1 for N+ love.
Any idea when Dead Nation is coming out? +2 for N+. If you love Super Meat Boy then you gotta get N+.

Rad-

depward said:
I hope that everyone who buys also AT LEAST downloads the trial to N+. N+ needs as much love as humanly possible.

What killed N+ for me was the slight control lag. I dunno if it was put there on purpose but it felt really annoying.

Hixx

How the fuck do you do 4x16. First crumbly blocks go down, how the hell do you get passed the next little room? The two beams just converge on me the second I jump in.

Salsa

I hate you guys

also,

Nabs said:
team meat: @notch hey notch.. hows about you let us use mr. mincraft as a playable charater in the pc version :) (putting you on the spot)

notch: @SuperMeatBoy permission hereby granted! I need to add meat blocks.

:lol :D

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Salsa

Adam J. said:
I'm going to set up a fundraiser to get you a 360. I cant bear to see you miss out on all these awesome downloadable games.

Its fine, Scott Pilgrim is the real bitch. Ill just have to wait for steam version of this, hoping we get Mr. Minecraft!

do the fundraiser anyway

seady

Just played the demo, just as hard and frustrating as I expected, but also very fun.
Question is... does the game get much harder later on? If so, I don't think I should get it. Because I can see I will break controller later on just by playing the demo stages.

Hixx

seady said:
Just played the demo, just as hard and frustrating as I expected, but also very fun.
Question is... does the game get much harder later on? If so, I don't think I should get it. Because I can see I will break controller later on just by playing the demo stages.

Chapter 4 really steps it up. Until then the game is challenging but not 'dozens of deaths to complete a level hard'.

Nabs

i have an snes controller waiting for this game. i can't afford to use my 360 pad, because i will break it. mario damn near broke my controller (clicking a button)

Danielsan

HixxSAFC said:
Chapter 4 really steps it up. Until then the game is challenging but not 'dozens of deaths to complete a level hard'.
Yes it is. Unless you are not taking the dark worlds and warp zones and their respective bandages into account. And if you think the bandages in 2-11 en 2-12 dark world are easy then you must be some kind of machine. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
depward said:

I will and use it as part of my run for spending 2400 points in this month.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I like the controls here. Meatboy stops on a dime if you land just right, Commander Video's Glide-double-jump has great timing to it, The jump distances have that proper feeling of getting you far, bot not TOO far... Easily agree it's quite well crafted there.

And it's a mix of the Bonus Characters + Sale that really pushed me over the edge for it, though. Most peopel find brawlers getting full after 7 or 8 stages, I find platformers where the only gameplay is to use the same jumps to get through 10s of levels are much, much worse. So the fact this game gives me enough on a gameplay side to make each stage feel fresh with a new character... I really appreciate that. Good going Team Meat!

Presentation and personality are top notch, too. Like the single boss battle I've reached, as well, a good change of pace.

Can easily say I like this 10 times more than N+ already, though.

Taken a few stages at a time, in burst, I think I'll enjoy :D

Oh, and to the poster earlier who commented on the game being Gruesome, and thus nto wanting to play it with wife or child... yeah, that is pretty strange. "Oooo, look at the cute main character!" "Oh, look at the Oceans of Blood, Middle Fingers, and decapitated forest creatures!"... Reminds me of how I felt for Castle Crasher's rampant poop jokes...

Danielsan said:
Got to love those save bugs...
I lost 20 stages op progress including bandages.

Ouch. I'm loving the game but I've had the bug happen twice and I've only been playing it for an hour. Not been that big of a deal so far but it's going to drive me nuts if it happens after doing something difficult. What a shame. Not going to stop me playing it though, so much fun.

Dizzy-4U

Finished world 1 (both light and dark) with 150 deaths. I predict that this game will give me horrible nightmares. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Top Bottom