• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I found The Kid but it's looking like he's gonna stay locked. His first stage is fucking insane.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Jucksalbe said:
Fix your spoiler tag.

You're missing the one in stage 5.

oops :S

thanks! will go looking. some of these are just dirty.

I was missing one that was right
next to a saw on a white background, could barely see the thing!

Gowans007 said:
Save bug got me again!!!! :(

Needs a patch badly, lost last several stages of ch3, I was up to the boss :(
Unless they've known about the save bug for a while, we won't see a patch for another 3 weeks at least.

Backfoggen said:
Yea. :lol It says "_| |> ._. |>" on the menu screen.

I didn't notice. It's very hard indeed. It sucks that you have limited attempts in these bonus levels, especially when you can retry them anytime, it's kind of pointless. It just adds loadings :/

Shig said:
I found The Kid but it's looking like he's gonna stay locked. His first stage is fucking insane.
The next two are no easier.

I got right to the end of that first stage once and died on the very last spike, and let out the most pathetic "no!"

I was ashamed, yet laughing at myself :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
anyone double dipping?

would pick this up on xbla but thinking i should wait for pc version since it'll be better and have the minecraft guy

of course without this i have no idea if what to get for the rebate :lol

FrankT

Warp Zone on Salt Factory is kicking my ass. First level not too big a deal, but that second is pure brutal pain.

Nelo Ice said:
anyone double dipping?

would pick this up on xbla but thinking i should wait for pc version since it'll be better and have the minecraft guy

Source ? If you're talking of the level editor, I have no interest in this stuff. So probably no.

Nelo Ice

Banned
LordPhoque said:
Source ? If you're talking of the level editor, I have no interest in this stuff. So probably no.

level editor pretty much so there'll be a constant stream of content along with the fact they can add stuff faster and probably free on the pc version

Danielsan

Analog stick all the way. No way in hell that I'm going to use that shitty d-pad.

Nelo Ice said:
level editor pretty much so there'll be a constant stream of content along with the fact they can add stuff faster and probably free on the pc version
They can also add free levels on the 360 version apparently. It already has a whole free extra world right now and there are plenty of slots open for more.

FrankT

"The only game that I can compare Super Meat Boy to, is last year’s hugely successful Trials HD" 9/10 -nxtgamer

This pretty much sums up my feelings today playing it too. Very Trials like.

Anyhow I'm seeing folks at level 307......am I assuming too much that there is a you beat the game ending far before this point. :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Danielsan said:
Analog stick all the way. No way in hell that I'm going to use that shitty d-pad.

They can also add free levels on the 360 version apparently. It already has a whole free extra world right now and there are plenty of slots open for more.

i kno that but the pc version u get access to all levels compared to only having what the devs pick for teh internetz also all the free xbla levels will eventually include those made from the pc editor

well back to staring at the unlock screen for smb and other titles im looking at for the rebate :lol

Mdk7

Nelo Ice said:
anyone double dipping?

I'll buy it on PC again if they release it boxed.

Nelo Ice said:

Welp, I'm double-dipping. Level editor sounds too sweet to pass.

SMB reminds me of the old glorious days of PC-platformers. They usually always had level-editors, and quess who put in dozens of hours into creating levels?

This guy. ;)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
HixxSAFC said:
Still cannot do 4-16. WTF am I supposed to do? Obviously missing something! :(

Haha I stopped on the same level as my hand is seriously hurting. Not a clue what to do on that level.. :s

Shurs

Jtyettis said:
This pretty much sums up my feelings today playing it too. Very Trials like.

The Trials comparison is a good one. I've made it myself. With the instant restart as well as how the game is challenging yet rewarding, it does feel very much like Trials.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Label said:
Haha I stopped on the same level as my hand is seriously hurting. Not a clue what to do on that level.. :s

Get to the first wall, jump on it, then immediately to the upper left until it breaks. Then get as fast as possible to the lower left area past the wall. Wait a for a (milli)second. Now the left eye should look downwards and be blocked by the wall. Now run as fast as possible to the right and up and welcome your next problem.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lé Blade Runner said:
Welp, I'm double-dipping. Level editor sounds too sweet to pass.

SMB reminds me of the old glorious days of PC-platformers. They usually always had level-editors, and quess who put in dozens of hours into creating levels?

This guy. ;)

damn! everyone ive talked to is double dipping for the pc version

gah i'll pick up the xbla version :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I swear, 1/3 of my deaths have been me running off the very first part of any level and instantly dying because the game didn't detect my input of the A button.

Also the loading screen is totally a beat-up Face from Nick Jr.

FrankT

Danielsan said:
Ok I lied. Started playing again. 40% in the Salt Factory. Finally found that pesky warp to get Ogmo. :D

Let me know how you fare on that. Second level killing me softly.

NameGenerated said:
I swear, 1/3 of my deaths have been me running off the very first part of any level and instantly dying because the game didn't detect my input of the A button.

Also the loading screen is totally a beat-up Face from Nick Jr.

Yeah, it's pretty weird. Sometimes the game doesn't register the jump-command. I thought it was only my controller ( as it is starting to show its age - I should really buy a new one ), and that my A-button had worn out.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Is there some way to legitimately get 0.00 on the leaderboards? I got 11th on a stage and the top 9 were all 0.00.

Archie said:
Is there some way to legitimately get 0.00 on the leaderboards? I got 11th on a stage and the top 9 were all 0.00.
I just got 0.00 on 1-3x even though I definitely wasn't that fast. :lol

no ban pls

Hige

Argh, this save bug sucks. Lost all my progress on chapter 6 and some bandages I got from earlier worlds. At least it's easier to beat the levels the second time around I guess...

Belfast

Nelo Ice said:
anyone double dipping?

Minecraft guy? Shit, I'm definitely waiting for the PC version now.

seat

Hm, apologies if this has already been answered, but is the save bug happening pretty often? If it's a relatively rare occurrence, I'll definitely purchase.

Jucksalbe

Banned
seat said:
Hm, apologies if this has already been answered, but is the save bug happening pretty often? If it's a relatively rare occurrence, I'll definitely purchase.

It's pretty much random, it seems. I've been playing for more than 5 hours now and it didn't happen to me. Others had it after playing for just 30 minutes.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Last 2 levels made me hate my life. I shudder to think what the dark world versions hold.

Well something's weird... game shows I've collected 5 bandages, but there's only two levels that have bandages over them. And on the leaderboards it shows I've only beaten 6 levels, but I've gone through the entire first stage and then some.

Shurs

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Well something's weird... game shows I've collected 5 bandages, but there's only two levels that have bandages over them. And on the leaderboards it shows I've only beaten 6 levels, but I've gone through the entire first stage and then some.

There is a save bug. It bit me in the ass a few times.

This game. Holy shit, this game. Just unlocked the Iron Boy! achievement on the first world, and my palms are sweating and I'm literally shaking. Goddamn good stuff.

Top Bottom