• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OK, I'm going nuts. can't find what I presume is the (spoilers for world 1 only, regarding items/secrets)
second warp zone on dark world 1. I have 6 bandages from dark and light each, that makes 12, and from light I have 2 warp zones with 2 bandages each for a total of 10 bandages from light. missing 2 from dark and I only found one warpzone. someone help me out? I got the warp zone with the sticky character

DuckRacer

So do we know for a fact that the discounted SMB counts toward the October promotion? Been hearing different answers.

edit: apparently it does, oh man

FrankT

Love the fact that when I check the guide for my friends list not only can I see the level my friends are on, but their deaths. Not only that, but you can watch the deaths add up heh. Nice touch.

Nabs

Jtyettis said:
Love the fact that when I check the guide for my friends list not only can I see the level my friends are on, but their deaths. Not only that, but you can watch the deaths add up heh. Nice touch.
that sounds great

Mdk7

My hands are already hurting.
I am at 99% in world 1 (damn fucking 1-7, i can't do the speedrun there!), with 14/20 bandages.
55% on world 2, with just 7/20 bandages.
And 962 deaths, LOL!

Losing has never been so fun, really... what a masterpiece!

Jonsoncao

Banned
Jtyettis said:
:lol oh snap

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
jeffpm said:
For level 2-20, I got the bandage but it doesn't show on the map screen. Anyone else had this problem?
Exit out and restart the game, your game is not saving so you could loose some progress. Sorry man, it got me too but only on 1-7.

Adam J.

Bought it. Beat the first stage. Don't even need to play more to call GOTY on this one.

I predict that this time next year Team Meat will be swimming in a gold-plated pool filled with saffron infused water.

derFeef

My fingers hurt already. World one light all done with A but looots of bandages left. Now I dont know if to go for complete all stuff or even try to complete the game :lol

Jucksalbe

Banned
catfish said:
OK, I'm going nuts. can't find what I presume is the (spoilers for world 1 only, regarding items/secrets)
second warp zone on dark world 1. I have 6 bandages from dark and light each, that makes 12, and from light I have 2 warp zones with 2 bandages each for a total of 10 bandages from light. missing 2 from dark and I only found one warpzone. someone help me out? I got the warp zone with the sticky character

There is only one warp zone in dark world 1. The other bandages you're missing are in the normal stages. There're 11 bandages in the light world and 9 in the dark world. So keep looking. :D

Oh, and
there are 3 warp zones in the light world

Bought it, I'm loving it. I just unlocked my first character !

Releasing games on sale is a pretty cool idea. There's a lot of game I don't buy on release because I expect them to eventually be a Deal of the Week.

depward said:
I hope that everyone who buys also AT LEAST downloads the trial to N+. N+ needs as much love as humanly possible.
Never forget Master fucking Control :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Jucksalbe said:
There is only one warp zone in dark world 1. The other bandages you're missing are in the normal stages. There're 11 bandages in the light world and 9 in the dark world. So keep looking. :D

Oh, and
there are 3 warp zones in the light world

Nice thanks

it appears I have

8 from dark and 10 from light so I must be missing 1 from each then? are any of them actually obscured from view? like you have to go behind an invisible wall type thing? I found all warps as well

thanks!

Time for some hunting. Oh the only bit I've become stuck on skill wise is the level
-1 the one that somehow unlocks (I missed why) I can destroy the first section, but when I get to the next bit of trying to jump that huge gap with only the spikey things in the middle, that you have to bounce of the sides of I'm lost. it just doesn't work out, nearly ever

IF someone pointed a gun at me and said CRITICISE THE GAME, after trying to bargain my why out for a while I'd give up and say that the warp worlds are going to become annoying due to the load/animation that takes time, that and only 3 lives per level, then you get to a level thats as hard as the die 100 times levels of the main game.... will get frustrating.

One of the games biggest strengths (that the devs are obviously aware of) is the INSTANT restart after dying. This is broken quite badly by getting bounced out of the otherwise excellent warp levels after 3 attempts.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Hmm im not touching this until they fix the save issues. Not falling for another castle crashers wait 3 months to fix your game type of thing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I tried the demo. Seems tough, but very fun. Will get this before the sale runs out.

I would just buy it now, and I might, but I have so much other stuff to play so I should hold off.

Salsa

Snuggler said:
I tried the demo. Seems tough, but very fun. Will get this before the sale runs out.

I would just buy it now, and I might, but I have so much other stuff to play so I should hold off.

buy it and play it later you trippy cat

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:
buy it and play it later you trippy cat

shut up you

I gotta finish Kirby first, but I probably should have just got Meat Boy instead of Kirby for my 2D platforming fix and saved an extra $40. Oh well.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Holy crap! I just so happened to have 800 ms points that I had no idea about on my account. That's like the gaming equivalent of finding 10 bucks in a jacket you haven't worn since last winter. :lol

TONIGHT MY DARK LONELINESS SHALL BE FILLED WITH MEAT

Salsa

Snuggler said:
shut up you

I gotta finish Kirby first, but I probably should have just got Meat Boy instead of Kirby for my 2D platforming fix and saved an extra $40. Oh well.

are you not liking epic yarn ? have you no soul ?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So in the spirit of shameless self-promotion and game cross-pollination, I figured I'd mention that Edmund asked me to put some of the Super Meat Boy soundtrack in Rock Band. So that'll be happening once Daniel puts together the expanded remixes (so the songs are more song-ish).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:
are you not liking epic yarn ? have you no soul ?

It's for babies. I'm a fan of platformers and I bought it full price so I really wanted to like it, but it's just mindless and boring. I loved the visual style at first but now that the novelty has worn off there isn't much left.
Now I'm left wanting a platformer that requires a functioning brain, so I'll have to get this game to remedy that.

Played the demo and loved it, great music, presentation and feels a lot like N+ which I loved.

Just need to wait for the postman to bring my allards now :(

Danielsan

Just unlocked 8bit Meatboy. :D
Also opened up the second kill screen stage. Those bandages in dark 2-12 and 2-13 will be the end of me.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ok I'm going to need the level numbers for the bandages in dark 1 :lol

I have

3,10,14,15,17,19 and 2 for warp zone
just played the whole level again and can't find the bugger.

Can you get the iron boy achieve on a level you already beat? Must it be only 1 world, light or dark?

this game is even more fun then the GiantBomb video made it out to be, so far I've finished almost all of World 1 light and dark and dabbled some in World 2

for 800 spacebucks this is a steal

Okay, now I'm seriously considering this as a strong GOTY contender. Holy shit, I had never heard about this game until 3 days ago :lol

Top Bottom