• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Metroid |OT| Prequel to Other M

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hopefully y'all had fun. I played again earlier this month to mark the 10th anniversary of my :55 run...got 1:19 though (missed both missiles above Tourian at the same time so had to go back up and around).
It was a lot of fun for me. I don't usually do speedruns, but I think I did all right. I don't think I could ever bring up the patience to get such incredibly low times like you or other great runners, though. Maybe one day I'll at least try a 100% run. Watching the SGDQ Metroid Fusion run kinda made want to get back to Metroid.

Jucksalbe

Banned
This may be a bit off-topic, but since Fusion didn't get its own VC OT, I thought this would the next best place to post.

Anyway, I played through Fusion in the last two days, not for the first time, I already finished it on GBA and 3DS, but for the first time in quite a while. I wasn't really satisfied with my time (>4 hours), so I had to do a second run today as long as the memory of most areas was still fresh. My new time:
mtOE48z.jpg

I think I'm satisfied with this for a while. :)
I can appreciate the game more by now. When I first played it at release I found it pretty mediocre, but now I quite like it. It's no Super Metroid, but it's still one of the better games in the series.

Now I hope Zero Mission comes to the Western VC soon, so that I have an excuse to replay that as well.

Top Bottom