• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
XSX said:
Me and a friend need 2 for doubles with no items. Anyone up for it?

EDIT: whoever I played against with falco against there diddy, that mr ressestii trophy is fucking hilarious.

P.S Play anyone has not worked for me ever. Not even once.

That was me. Ressitti doesn't know when to leave. :lol

I'm up for doubles.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I know it's been said before, but dear god this 64 player limit is idiotic. Why so low? Does it really take that much space to store a friend list?

Acerac

Banned
I'm up for some Brawl if anyone else is, I'll play a 2v2 if there's a spot open yet, though I typically prefer 1 on 1s. :)

My FC is 4639-8632-7247

justchris

Finally done unlocking everyone, so I'm ready to play. My FC is 0645-5451-1017. I'm still pretty rusty, so try to ignore my sucking. :)

Nabs

Ysiadmihi said:
I know it's been said before, but dear god this 64 player limit is idiotic. Why so low? Does it really take that much space to store a friend list?

I'm already at 37 after a weekend. I hope they can patch it or something... sheesh.

Nabster92

Nabs said:
:lol this really confused me. we were both ike, and i thought i was you... and bam... fell off the stage :lol

lol yea i remember that good times. And why does my internet not like me anymore now

Edit: Adding edible_candle and xs_mini_neo when brawl lets me connect again. so hopefully now

Damnit i keep trying to connect to Nishi's room but it keeps disconnecting me from wi-fi when i get into the waiting room. :(

Tendo

Ok, not sure who K.COW and M.O.B. are on here, but I found the source of my problem. My ISP keeps dying giving me a freezing error on the Wii. I'll wait until I'm back at college to host, probably will back off playing too. I'm really sorry if it was messing up your games.

And I haven't seen a real answer yet, but is the input lag happening for everyone? Or am I just doubly lucky?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Sorry for leaving Nishi and Dino, had to add a friend.

Sorry for denying people entry into this game too, trying to get 1v1 with a friend.

Tim-E

Tendo said:
Ok, not sure who K.COW and M.O.B. are on here, but I found the source of my problem. My ISP keeps dying giving me a freezing error on the Wii. I'll wait until I'm back at college to host, probably will back off playing too. I'm really sorry if it was messing up your games.

And I haven't seen a real answer yet, but is the input lag happening for everyone? Or am I just doubly lucky?

I haven't had many problems with it. And if that was you I was just playing with online, sorry I wasn't doing too well. I've barely gotten any sleep in the past two days thanks to this game and I was being distracted. :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Might I make a suggestion to everyone?

We all know that the 5 character limit to user names makes it somewhat difficult to keep track of who we are playing with at times. However, your WiFi "profile" allows you to save a 15-20 character "Profile" along with the user name and 4 taunts.

Why not put SOME sort of rendition of your GAF name/handle/whatever in the "Profile" description?

My nick is David, and my "Profile" says "Dayton". I figure anyone that wants to remember who I am, can.

Tim-E

DavidDayton said:
Might I make a suggestion to everyone?

We all know that the 5 character limit to user names makes it somewhat difficult to keep track of who we are playing with at times. However, your WiFi "profile" allows you to save a 15-20 character "Profile" along with the user name and 4 taunts.

Why not put SOME sort of rendition of your GAF name/handle/whatever in the "Profile" description?

My nick is David, and my "Profile" says "Dayton". I figure anyone that wants to remember who I am, can.

My profile name is Tim, but I have my description thing say "Tim-E~GAF." I thought that worked well enough.

Tendo

Labombadog said:
Good game earlier Tim-E, and Tendo.

Btw Tendo..did you disconnect the last match on me? :lol :lol

Yeah, my wireless router keeps dying. I'm going to hold off on playing online again until I can get it figured out. My girlfriend was toon link, and I played Ike... Your Sheik skills were FIERCE haha.

Jiggy

I have no idea exactly who I was fighting for these past ten matches or so, but good games. Items aren't really my thing, but it was fun and we had some variety, so... yeah. :D

Also, I totally cheaped out on that Lucas win. >_> I'd never used Lucas outside of
Subspace Emissary
, so I had no idea how to fight with him in a real match and just ended up running for the entire game until barely scraping out a smash against Ike. :lol

Thanks Tendo. Your GF was whooping my ass at the first fight, but once Tim-E died I am good. I prefer one on one than anything then 2 vs 2. Good game again dude. :D

Vard

Jiggy37 said:
I have no idea exactly who I was fighting for these past ten matches or so, but good games. Items aren't really my thing, but it was fun and we had some variety, so... yeah. :D

Also, I totally cheaped out on that Lucas win. >_> I'd never used Lucas outside of
Subspace Emissary
, so I had no idea how to fight with him in a real match and just ended up running for the entire game until barely scraping out a smash against Ike. :lol
I was one of the people you were playing against (as ?&!.). That was fun. It was my first time playing as Ike outside of SSE. I think he'll be one of my mains...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, nice games Windu and whoever else was playing. I was Luigi (my main), my sister was Pit. Funny moments there :D . Had to leave though, I gotta study and my sister finish a presentation. Also, lag was lessened (or it felt like that).

Tomorrow... we FIGHT AGAIN! BWAHAHHA

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
lol yeah some great fights, still don't know how I won that sudden death though.

Tim-E

Labombadog said:
Thanks Tendo. Your GF was whooping my ass at the first fight, but once Tim-E died I am good. I prefer one on one than anything then 2 vs 2. Good game again dude. :D

Maybe next time we play I won't be so exhausted and I'll be able to focus. :lol

I had fun, though. With online, I'll be able to play this game forever.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Jiggy37 said:

Subspace Emissary

Yeah good games. I was the one consistently getting 4th place. In the beginning of each match I seem to fly off the edge and lose a stock right off the bat. :( I blame the lag.

You're pretty good Jiggy. You always got first or second place.

Kirk

Added so far:

xs_mini_neo
Labombadog
TheQueen'sOwn
tetrisgrammaton
Brannon
Phaethon0017
BorkBork
Duderz
ManaBanana
Iam Canadian
Crushed

And I'm already tired of entering these things in...using my controller instead of pointing with the Wiimote, and using cellphone-style text entry...it doesn't get any more inconvenient than this.

I'll add more soon.

Masked Man

I said wow
My Brawl Friend code is as follows:
1976 9853 1849

Feel free to add me if you would like, but please PM me to let me know. :D

Oh, and I should warn anyone who chooses to add my code: our Wi-Fi connection is just terrible as of late, so it might not work tonight. I'll be sure to Brawl with any of you all when it works, though. (And I keep late hours--roughly 2 AM EST is my cutoff, or thereabouts--so I have plenty of time to try, haha.)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The following people are still at awaiting registration for me:

Snaku
Y2Kev
The M. O. B
Insaniac
Brannon
tapedeck
Dinosaurr
Spruchy
Big Icarus
dark_chris
ezekial45
Toy Soldier
JavaMava
MercuryLS
SpudBud
Phaethon0017
SpiderJerusalem
Ysiadmihi
Miami Wesker
Linkzg
Duderz
BradVanDam
Lathentar
Somnia
sasimirobot

If you're full and can't add me, please tell me so I can remove you from my list. :)

My code is 3780-8678-6774. If you're not on the list and want to add me, I'll be checking this thread tomorrow so please post in here if you do.

Windu

Ok I deleted alot of names that hadn't registered yet, I now have 20 spots open. Hopefully all you guys are not full yet.

FC - 4983 4587 9347

tmdorsey

ICallItFutile said:

Snaku
Y2Kev
The M. O. B
Insaniac
Brannon
tapedeck
Dinosaurr
Spruchy
Big Icarus
dark_chris
ezekial45
Toy Soldier
JavaMava
MercuryLS
SpudBud
Phaethon0017
SpiderJerusalem
Ysiadmihi
Miami Wesker
Linkzg
Duderz
BradVanDam
Lathentar
Somnia
sasimirobot

If you're full and can't add me, please tell me so I can remove you from my list. :)

My code is 3780-8678-6774. If you're not on the list and want to add me, I'll be checking this thread tomorrow so please post in here if you do.

Added.

Anybody up for a match?

0516-6926-0787

Dragmire

My friend code: 4167-4169-5187

I'm going backwards through this thread and adding everyone, as well as PM'ing the people I add.

I've already added these people:
tmdorsey
windu
ICallFutile
Masked Man
OliveJuice
XxenobladerxX
AntDogg355
JustChris
Acerac
FireStorm
Vard
XSX
superbank
VeritasVierge
muttyeah416

My friends code is 3652-0205-6637. PM me if you add me, I don't know how this works.

On the friends list, does a friend light up if they happen to be online? If not, so basically I have to schedule a match with someone to play with theM?

What rules do you guys play with?

tmdorsey said:
Added.

Anybody up for a match?

0516-6926-0787
i'll add you

ICallItFutile said:

Snaku
Y2Kev
The M. O. B
Insaniac
Brannon
tapedeck
Dinosaurr
Spruchy
Big Icarus
dark_chris
ezekial45
Toy Soldier
JavaMava
MercuryLS
SpudBud
Phaethon0017
SpiderJerusalem
Ysiadmihi
Miami Wesker
Linkzg
Duderz
BradVanDam
Lathentar
Somnia
sasimirobot

I'll add you.

Windu

I think someone sent me a pm and I deleted it on accident, not Tmdorsey, someone else. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ICallItFutile said:

Snaku
Y2Kev
The M. O. B
Insaniac
Brannon
tapedeck
Dinosaurr
Spruchy
Big Icarus
dark_chris
ezekial45
Toy Soldier
JavaMava
MercuryLS
SpudBud
Phaethon0017
SpiderJerusalem
Ysiadmihi
Miami Wesker
Linkzg
Duderz
BradVanDam
Lathentar
Somnia
sasimirobot

I did okay you, it should say okay.

I added everyone that PMed me. I'm sent some PMs out to people I want to add. Lemme know if you decline so I can take you off, thanks!

Is the online play fixed yet?I've only played 2 games online since i got it at midnight launch.

And i'm still waiting on a few people to accept my invites.And some that added me whom i added back still show up as awaiting registration.

Masked Man

I said wow
Hm...most of my registered names say "Awaiting Registration." Canadian's has a nice yellow dot on the far right--any significance?

Labombadog said:
Damn. Great game last time Meta and somebody else.

My internet starting acting up though with the last game. :( ... :lol

What's your ingame name?

Masked Man said:
Hm...most of my registered names say "Awaiting Registration." Canadian's has a nice yellow dot on the far right--any significance?

I'm wondering this to.. and what about the green dot? Connection quality?

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is up for a game sometime, let me know.

4940-5096-6077

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Damn Mattso, you owned me as Lucas every time. Way out of my league.

Too bad I got kicked in the four player match with you as Pokemon trainer.

Top Bottom