• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

Tim-E

Shinobix said:
So far I got:

keanerie
Tim-E
donkey show
RoboPlato
VeritasVierge
Crushed
XxenobladerxX
Matrix
SuperAndroid17
Ysiadmihi
LiveWire

Most are still awaiting registration.

I just added you. It says awaiting registration still.

LiveWire

Wait, we need to both add each other's Friend Codes? It doesn't send a message to you notifying you that someone has added you? OMFG that's lame.

Anyway, I've added Spudbud, Queen's Own, ShinobiX, keanerie, Crushed, Matrix, Lhadatt, UltimaKilo, Aparisi2274 and MiamiWesker.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
crowphoenix said:
Gotta run, TQO. Lets fight again sometime.

Sounds good! I think we're generally around the same skill level :lol.

And Jiggy, you magnificent bastard. Thank god other people started playing... I was about to break down and cry :lol. Thanks for saving my ass Nishi and Crow!

Jiggy

Going to add superbank, Nabster92, SpudBud, Crushed, and OliveJuice now.

TheQueen'sOwn said:
And Jiggy, you magnificent bastard. Thank god other people started playing... I was about to break down and cry :lol. Thanks for saving my ass Nishi and Crow!
If there was one thing I learned, it was that you were best with Wario and I was worst with anybody using a hammer. Need way more practice with Ice Climbers and Dedede. ;_; But yes, Zelda and
Luigi
and
Captain Falcon
and
Jigglypuff
and Kirby and
Mr. Game & Watch
and
Marth
and
Falco
and
Pikachu
all did me so well. :D

TheQueen'sOwn said:
Sounds good! I think we're generally around the same skill level :lol.

I'd put you a bit higher, especially in a four player Brawl.

And I could not get Marth to do his up B during the Marth Lucas fight. It was ridiculous.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
I'd put you a bit higher, especially in a four player Brawl.
Yeah, TQO is the only person I've met whose skill level jumps like three ranks in a four-player match. Must have good eyes for watching the entire screen...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I just did some online matches, and man, was it laggy. Not to the point of being unplayable, but it approached that point in a Smashville match.

Jiggy

I just hope that once I start playing matches with friends in person, I won't be thrown off by the controls seeming too responsive. >_>

Edit: On another note, I'm putting it up to five stock next time I host a game. One-on-one should be done with three, I think, or possibly four, but in a full four-player free-for-all I really liked it every time it came down to two players surviving longer than everyone else and battling it out (even when I wasn't one of those).

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'm waiting for my US version now... I should be able to play you guys either tonight or tomorrow! (So yeah I'll PM you peeps with my NEW friend code soon :p )

CAN'T WAIT TO BRAWL MY DOJO BUDS :O

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'll finish adding everyone and will be online once my roommate wakes up. Let me know if a confirmation doesn't go through.

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
I'm waiting for my US version now... I should be able to play you guys either tonight or tomorrow! (So yeah I'll PM you peeps with my NEW friend code soon :p )

More like can't wait to murder us all with your dozens of hours of Japanese practice! ;)
I kid, I kid. Can't wait either. :D

Edit: Okay, really going back to add people now. Will return to GAF later or something.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Okay, added:

SpudBud
TheQueen'sOwn
Jiggy37
Crushed
IAmCanadian
superbank

Here's my code again: 1633 3828 9095

Nabster92

MrCheez said:

Ah so that code you posted earlier was a japan code? I take it I should delete that one then?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
More like can't wait to murder us all with your dozens of hours of Japanese practice! ;)
I kid, I kid. Can't wait either. :D

:lol Well I don't enjoy an unfair fight (unless it's me stomping a douchebag or something!) so if you guys are still getting used to the game I can just play as characters I'm crap with... there are definitely a few of them and it'll surely even the playing field :)

The real solution here though: you guys need to keep playing 24/7 and get amazing at the game really fast! :D I want some epic close fights! :D

Nabster92 said:
Ah so that code you posted earlier was a japan code? I take it I should delete that one then?

Yeah it was. You might want to just leave my friend entry there, and when I post the new code go in and replace the numbers of the old one? (Can you even do that?)

I'm going to try to PM the people who I notice have added me in this thread, in addition to posting my new friend code when I get it

Hero

0946 1616 9618

I have a JP copy, that'll play with US copies right? :p

Also, PM me with your code if you add me.

Note, I've been playing it for a month so I'm pretty decent so if you hate losing I would suggest other GAFers.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Had some nice games with TQO (the Real Men Use Items -guy?) and Matt, had to go cos it's hitting 11pm here and I got an early wake up call tomorrow, thanks for the brawl guys! :D

I'm having problems with online. It won't let me connect to Jiggy...and it keeps showing "waiting for brawl". Damn it Nintendo!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just got disconnected while adding people and can't reconnect right now. Let me know if the confirmations went through. I'll try again later.

tmdorsey

Alright I'm ready to play some fellow GAFers

My friend code is 0516-6926-0787

Somebody add me and if you could please PM when you do thanks!

5327 0580 4314 is my brother's FC, but we both use it so it's kinda like adding two people for one code. We've both played melee to death, and we play with or without items.

I'll add whoever wants another person to their list. Just PM me your code. I'll add as many as I can from the last page or two today. Btw, my brother is Metal, and I'm Gear. Just so you know which is online.

FU Nintendo for the shitty random battle service.

TJ Spyke

If there is anybody here who has registered me and still awaiting me to register you back, PM me since I haven't seen all of the requests here.

Vard

Mine: 5241-1597-3666

I go by ?&!. on there. Please PM if you add me, and I'll add you back. I'm in California and during the weekdays would probably play most often during the evening/night, so that would be cool if you tend to play at the same time.

Smash code 2664-1793-3163 as JEM

As of right now I have:

SuperAndorid17
Ace 8095
Crushed
Acerac
Volcynika
TheQueen'sOwn
Osaka
Matrix
CrowPheonix
RoboPlato
Kaenerie
Shinobix
Jiggy
JavaMava
Y2Kev
Nishastra
JYKSTA
xs mini neo
Superbank
Vard
XSX

I keep getting punted offline so I'll be back online in a couple hours. After this I have 14 slots left. I will add more later in a couple hours.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'm gonna play in about 10 minutes after I'm done eating. Add me. 0473 7438 0591

I'll add whoever pmed me or said they'd add me in here.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Spectator mode will appear up to 24 hours after the first time you connect online with Brawl. If you don’t see it yet, just wait. It should appear on its own.

As to your problems connecting to random opponents, it sounds like The Wi-Fi Connection servers are unable to find a compatible match for you. Please select the "Playing online" link on the following page:

Or so Nintendo says. I'll wait.

SexConker

Banned
Why, why, why does it lag so much?

I may replace my router with the Linksys WRT5RG(L) and run custom firmware on it.
I'll have WAP running on a cirtual WAP for my PCs, and just WEP on another virtual WAP for the DS and Wii.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So um people keep PMing me about them adding me. I can't add you, my list is full. :(

Tendo

Relix said:
I WAS WINNING THAT ONE TENDO! GODDAMMIT THE CONNECTION WAS LOST :lol :lol

I yanked the cable right out of the router. No one beats me when I host!

Actually, my Wii has that dirty lens problem, and it keeps crashing when I go online. I was giving it another shot today. I'm sorry :( My girlfriend was the second "tendo" online. She puts my skills to shame. Damn fine matches though!

So does anyone else have a half second input lag when playing online? I've noticed it when I play online whether I host or not, no matter who I connect to.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
XSX said:
Adding you too as soon as im done dinner.

Ok cool.

Osaka and Olive are the only ones who don't have Awaiting Registration status on my list. I know some others added me...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Alright. So far I have on my Friends List:

Crowphoenix
OliveJuice
Malfunky
TetrisGammatron
Fenix
Enduin
Teknoman
Jiggy37
MrCheez
Masked Man
Crushed
NickP786
l_c
Crushed

I'll add more later.

Here's hoping the next online match I play isn't as laggy as the ones I've done so far. >_> The amount of PK Thunder recoveries I botched because of the lag is embarassing.

Firestorm

5026-4112-2259

Added:
Ysimdiah/kak
Crushed
Fenix
Jiggy37
Iam Canadian

Only added people who PMed me + those two. PM me if you add me and I'll add you!
I prefer 1v1 but will do free for alls too. Especially considering 1v1 are impossible for me right now until I get used to the online delay!

Jiggy, Nishi, and the third guy whose name I have forgotten, thanks for the fun matches. I think my wireless can be kind of spotty, though, hence the disconnect in Spear Pillar.

Also, Jiggy, during our first match, damn you and your 190% not-dyingness. Could not land a killing blow if my life depended on it at that point. I hope my lag was on the bearable side. I managed to enjoy myself despite it. ^^

Jiggy

Going to add Osaka, xs_mini_neo, and Firestorm now.

RocketDarkness said:
Also, Jiggy, during our first match, damn you and your 190% not-dyingness. Could not land a killing blow if my life depended on it at that point. I hope my lag was on the bearable side. I managed to enjoy myself despite it. ^^
Zelda's kicks are much sexier than Sonic's. :D
Or at least I should hope so.
Anyway, yeah, the lag was fine; I've had much worse than that. I shouldn't have set it to five lives, though; I was expecting there would be at least three people. D: Brawl's so bloody slow with only two people and five lives.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Darn it, I try to join a friend's game, I'm the only person that appears on the character select screen, and after a while it gives me this "connection was dropped, error code 86420" all the time.

I'm upset.

XSX

Me and a friend need 2 for doubles with no items. Anyone up for it?

EDIT: whoever I played against with falco against there diddy, that mr ressestii trophy is fucking hilarious.

P.S Play anyone has not worked for me ever. Not even once.

Top Bottom