• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

SexConker

Banned
Same.
It just sits there.

What the fuck is Nintendo doing with all of our money?
Can't they buy enough pikmins to power the servers?!

OliveJuice said:
Lol. Your dad's not bad. Although the matches were a little long. I'll face you next time then.

I didn't mind though.
Really.... My dad is 56 years old... His birthday was the 29th (I guess technically he's 14). Last he played a fighter with me was Killer Instinct on the SNES. Well, at least he had fun.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nintendo better be fixing their issues. Dammit. I have 18 hours of free time, nothing to do, and the servers are fucked. And I wanted to take on some of you guys! Oh well.... I'll be patient if it means better internet and spectator back.

Relix said:
Nintendo better be fixing their issues. Dammit. I have 18 hours of free time, nothing to do, and the servers are fucked. And I wanted to take on some of you guys! Oh well.... I'll be patient if it means better internet and spectator back.

Seriously, this is damn ridiculous.

Masked Man

I said wow
Added Halycon and Relix. Also, I love Shamrock's idea. I think we should include both GAF usernames and in-game tags (i.e. mine is "M@"). Kind of a moot point for right now because Nintendo's Wi-Fi is annoying. (I tried joining your room, Shamrock, but it wouldn't work. Sadness...)

If you make that list, though, my info is as follows:

Username: Masked Man
State: Ohio
City: Parma (suburb of Cleveland)
Tag: M@
Brawl Code: 1976-9853-1849

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
k, I got everyone who PM'd me written down.
Will jam tomorrow, seeing as it doens't seem to be working tonight...

Refresher:
HARKR 1762 2368 2824

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay this is going to be a problem. The list I have up is already at ~60 users, any more and the system goes kaput. We need a classification system. Rank players either by perceived playing skill or activity or timezone. That way, we can set up multiple groups and shift from group to group to maintain activity and give us more room to work with.

I have no idea how to do this. I think classing by time zone would be best. Thoughts?

And for shamrock's own classification project:
Username: Halycon
State: New York
City: Woodside
Tag: Ruka
Brawl Code: 2878-9318-2270

Username: velvet_nitemare
State: California
City: Los Angeles
Tag: Odin
Brawl Code: 0774 3916 4093
Skill Level:Veteran

i'm still trying to get a game, but nothing is working so far.

Halycon said:
Okay this is going to be a problem. The list I have up is already at ~60 users, any more and the system goes kaput. We need a classification system. Rank players either by perceived playing skill or activity. That way, we can set up multiple groups and shift from group to group to maintain activity and give us more room to work with.

I have no idea how to do this. Thoughts?

Yea, I agree with that. I think we should use a format like Shamrock7r's and add Skill Level.
Mine would be..

Name: OliveJuice
State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Code: 1934-0346-5121
Tag: Nin
Skill Level: Veteran

Halycon said:
Okay this is going to be a problem. The list I have up is already at ~60 users, any more and the system goes kaput. We need a classification system. Rank players either by perceived playing skill or activity or timezone. That way, we can set up multiple groups and shift from group to group to maintain activity and give us more room to work with.

I have no idea how to do this. I think classing by time zone would be best. Thoughts?

And for shamrock's own classification project:
Username: Halycon
State: New York
City: Woodside
Tag: Ruka
Brawl Code: 2878-9318-2270

Wait. What? Is that even possible?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Shamrock's idea is good... we should rank users from 1-10 as well =O.

Username: Relix
State: PR (nice loophole)
City: Levittown (beach is 10 feet away :lol )
Tag: Relix
Brawl Code: 4253 3141 3743
Skill Level: 8/10, this taking in consideration lag.
Mains: Luigi and Meta Knight.
Preferences: Anything. Items On, though for "serious" matches Off is good.
Connection: 6MBPs down/ 414KBps Up. Ping from here to California: 114ms. Check at Speedtest.net
Router: Linksys WRTG54
Controller: Custom Nunchuk + Wiimote

Anymore info? =P

If you were to face my mighty Luigi locally your perception of life would change.

Username: biggkidd32
State: NY
City: Bronx
Tag: BGKD
Brawl Code: 4253 3141 3743
Skill Level: above 9
Mains: wolf and lucas
Connection: 9MBPs down/ 1834Kbps Up. Ping from here to Ny: 17ms. Check at Speedtest.net

Tendo

Username: Tendo
State: PA
City: Indiana
Tag: Tendo
Brawl Code: 3265-4722-0135
Skill Level: between 6 and an 8 depending on lag. Willing to play whatever skill level
Mains: Snake and Ike, girlfriend uses P. Trainer,
toon link
and Kirby.
Preferences: Anything!
Connection: Going to check when I get back at uni next week. Varies depending on what the loser down the hall is leeching by torrenting. (I hate my uni's internet :( )
Controller: GC

I still have the following people awaiting registration.

Y2kev
Akia
Talas
Arumbaa
Doc holiday
N2_
Raw64
Costa

My code is 0774 3916 4093.

Add plz, kthx.

Nishastra

Banned
Uh, okay.

Username: Nishastra
State: Nevada
City: Las Vegas
Tag: Nishi
Brawl Code: 3866 7675 1887

I dunno about skill level. That'd depend pretty heavily on who I'm using, and I like to use a lot of different characters. My "main" would be Peach, but I'm just as likely to not use her :p

Vard

Later tonight I'm going to add the rest of the people found in the Batch 2 list Halycon made on the previous page. Are other people on that list going to be doing the same... or have we abandoned that idea?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Good idea Shamrock.

Username: MrCheez
State: AZ
City: Tempe
Tag: Cheez
Brawl Code: 1590-4416-8594
Skill Level: High, longtime casual Smash player but never been into the 'pro scene'
Mains: Olimar, Ice Climbers, Dedede (But I enjoy switching it up and playing all characters!)
Preferences: Anything!
Connection: Cable modem

Tim-E

I'll repost my information in this new format. Anyone who doesn't have me on their list already is more than welcome to add me. Just post in this thread or send me a PM and I'll add you either in the morning or in the afternoon when I get home.

Name: Tim-E
State: West Virginia
City: Morgantown
Code: 2406-4809-3454

Everyone add me, i'll add as many of you as I can

3351-3739-5826
Miami, Florida

Play me anytime, Add Me!

EDIT: I'm on right now looking for game, so add me!

trilobyte

lol, enough people got fed up with the random matchmaking that they flooded their friend code servers by trading friend codes online

I just added everyone on this page lol so add me!

My skill level on Melee is pretty high, but on Brawl, well..lets give it time :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
VindicatorZ said:
Everyone add me, i'll add as many of you as I can

3351-3739-5826
Miami, Florida

Play me anytime, Add Me!

EDIT: I'm on right now looking for game, so add me!

I just added you.

3652-0227-7193

East coast/ Usa

Edit: methodman, you too. I'm playing now, so, if you want to play a game or something pm or just post here.

Masked Man

I said wow
So I basically spent a big chunk of time trying to get a "good" time for Lucas in Target Test Lv. 5 while Wi-Fi was down. Only got it down to about 28.47 or so, but it's a start. Nice to see Wi-Fi working, though. (Even though I tried to join Mutt's room just now and it wouldn't work.)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
blargh, I've only played two online matches so far and both have been laggy as hell. I need to figure out if it's my connection or just the service, since other people seem to be having problems too.

Nice end to that slow-mo match, Firestorm :lol Btw, <3 "you must recover"

great matches Xeno and Mao. I need more people on my list who sign on regularly from 10pm-1am pacific. A bunch of you still have the awaiting confirmation thing on my list. PM me if you don't plan on adding me OR do.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah only tried one online random match, was pretty laggy. Tried searching for more... no go. Kinda sad that I got better lag on Ultimate Stars on the DS to people in japan.

Anyone playing right now on pacific?

Christine

Oh, thank you. Thanks to everyone who played with me, I'm sorry about the 2 matches that ended in DC. I don't know if that was the service or what.

Ferrio said:
Bah only tried one online random match, was pretty laggy. Tried searching for more... no go. Kinda sad that I got better lag on Ultimate Stars on the DS to people in japan.

Anyone playing right now on pacific?
no, but i usually play on weeknights like this. i finished a game earlier. add me 3652-0205-6637

Nabster92

Intense games ysiadmihi...man i got hit by soo many of those fully charged samus blasts. Dodging stuff is significantly harder online.
But i had to leave cuz i got a phone call to go smash with my friends and as they do not have their wii connected to the internet in their apartment, i must go there myself. So sorry for leaving after sneaking a win on port town.
By the way, isn't Ike your main? Was hoping to get a couple games against your Ike...am I not worthy of him yet? :(

Masked Man

I said wow
Sorry that I'm so bad with Username / Brawl Tag correlations, but to "Hybrd": GREAT matches! They were really fun--save for my abysmal first turn as Captain Falcon. :lol Probably won't be using him again anytime soon, lol. Thanks for playing--I had a blast!

Oh, and sorry about the disconnect at the end. I dunno what happened! =/ I think my Wi-Fi is just generally iffy...although most of our matches were almost lag-free. A fluke, perhaps?

muttyeah416 said:
great matches Xeno and Mao. I need more people on my list who sign on regularly from 10pm-1am pacific. A bunch of you still have the awaiting confirmation thing on my list. PM me if you don't plan on adding me OR do.

yep that was a lot of fun. i'll be on most nights around that time, even tho i'm central (i'm mao! by the way)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Nabster92 said:
Intense games ysiadmihi...man i got hit by soo many of those fully charged samus blasts. Dodging stuff is significantly harder online.
But i had to leave cuz i got a phone call to go smash with my friends and as they do not have their wii connected to the internet in their apartment, i must go there myself. So sorry for leaving after sneaking a win on port town.
By the way, isn't Ike your main? Was hoping to get a couple games against your Ike...am I not worthy of him yet? :(

Yeah it was a little hard to dodge, the delay seemed a little longer than it usually is. Probably has something to do with the problems earlier.

I'm trying to use other characters at the moment. I thought I was getting good with Luigi and Samus but you schooled me so many times :lol

Top Bottom