• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Good game whoever GM is. The lag was bad but I've gotten used to it now. It doesn't play the same but still fun.

Playing snake is fun as hell. Setting mines everywhere and blowing everything up is so satisfying. I'm glad the devs dicided against firearms.

kiryogi

Banned
Guess I'll relist mine:

Username: kiryogi
State: WA
City: Everett
Tag: Kiryo
Brawl Code: 2234 6781 7119
Skill Level: vet
Mains: ZSS, Peach, Zelda

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Cheez,

Glad to see we got a couple of good rounds in there. I was the Ike with "!" as my tag, in case you were wondering. The match seemed surprisingly smooth until that clusterfuck of a lag spike at the end though. Couldn't join your remade game, which was a bit of a bummer. We should play again sometime.

Also, who was that other fellow that wanted to add me? I forgot to accept his request.

Here's my info in case anyone wants an updated version of it. Just send a PM if you add me.

Friend Code: 4940-5096-6077
ISP: Comcast

Ysiadmihi said:
Yeah it was a little hard to dodge, the delay seemed a little longer than it usually is. Probably has something to do with the problems earlier.

I'm trying to use other characters at the moment. I thought I was getting good with Luigi and Samus but you schooled me so many times :lol
can you add me 3652 0205 6637. you seem to be on the times i'm on, but you're not confirmed yet on my list

Ysiadmihi

Banned
muttyeah416 said:
can you add me 3652 0205 6637. you seem to be on the times i'm on, but you're not confirmed yet on my list

Added. Sorry, I got your PM but completely forgot to add (poor memory).

Edit: If you see this Kiryogi, come back and fight, I want revenge :D

justchris

I'll relist mine as well, since I didn't make the master list:

Username: justchris
State: Tennessee
City: Nashville
Tag: Chris
Brawl Code: 0645-5451-1017

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Kwokuen said:
Hey Cheez,

Glad to see we got a couple of good rounds in there. I was the Ike with "!" as my tag, in case you were wondering. The match seemed surprisingly smooth until that clusterfuck of a lag spike at the end though. Couldn't join your remade game, which was a bit of a bummer. We should play again sometime.

Ahh I was wondering who "!" was! You were awesome.. .that was my real life buddy who was playing with us :) After you killed him he was like "OMG we need a rematch with that guy, NOW!!" too bad the second one ended with the lag spike and disconnects :( We'll definitely play again!

Also.. I think I cured my lag problems by messing with my router settings! Yay!

kiryogi

Banned
Wooo that was fun.. I must have been victim to most self destruct/stage death. I admit I was a bit hotheaded though. Maybe due to Peach provoking XD :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just directing everyone's attention here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254223

It's Shamrock's list sorted into country and states. The system is much better than my master list but it's still cumbersome syncing your friend roster additions with your friends.

I'm planning to resort whatever information Shamrock collects by time zone and (if possible) skill level.

you have to be kidding :lol :lol

I went in there with some wacky toons and got wrecked twice.

For some reason I always died some stupid deaths and ended it up in crossfire :D

Who was KAK? that guy has a insane wolf. Good games though , nice falco

Not sure whos my main either, so hard to choose.

SexConker

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Just wanted to clarify, names we gave people don't matter, only codes right?
Correct - upon successful registration on both ends, it replaces that name you gave them with their chosen name.

I just wish that it would tell you when you last played with someone, or if they've removed you from their list.
Or, you know, had more than 64 slots.

WTF @ 64.
SHould be 1024 at LEAST.

SuperAndroid17 said:
you have to be kidding :lol :lol

I went in there with some wacky toons and got wrecked twice.

For some reason I always died some stupid deaths and ended it up in crossfire :D

Who was KAK? that guy has a insane wolf. Good games though , nice falco

Not sure whos my main either, so hard to choose.
Me and him were doing some 1 on 1 matches before you joined. I won like 1 match. :(. I would love to play people without the input lag, it's really messing up my timing. It's still fun though.

TommyT

As the weekend approaches, and I'm about to start putting in alot of brawl codes, has anyone found a limit to the number of codes that can be input/held?

SexConker

Banned
Hay Guys - I has an idea.

We make our OWN Brawl Servers, and just throw up a DNS server that points whatever Brawl looks for to that server.

Cmon. They have hacked WoW servers. Brawl shouldn't exactly be rocket science.

keanerie

Fun matches, Ysiad. I was KARL.

Since we're listing our info in better detail I'll do that too...

GAF name: keanerie
SSB tag: KARL
State: Maine
City: Waterville
FC: 5155-2581-6947
Skill level: Moderate - I'm okay, been playing Smash casually for some time, now getting deeper into it
Mains: Pit, Ike, Luigi
Occasionals: Dedede, Lucas, Link
Prefs: None!

Nishastra

Banned
kiryogi said:
Wooo that was fun.. I must have been victim to most self destruct/stage death.
I killed myself quite efficiently a few times. I know in at least two matches I lost two of my lives entirely on my own :p

I was using remote/nunchuk controls last night. I spent most of my time online yesterday in random brawls getting used to them. Now that I have, they're definitely my favorite.

timnich

Looking to play with someone right now. FC is 1676-3405-7454

Guled, I added you. You still looking to play?

EDIT: added Tenod and milabrega

Tendo

I just added Timnich, milabrega, and Guled. My FC is 3265-4722-0135.

Timnich, not sure if my Wii froze or what on Shadow Moses. We gotta have some more one on ones later. That was a blast.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
FC 4983 4587 9347

pm me or post in this thread that you added me.

I have about 15 spots open.

TommyT

GAF name: TommyT
SSB tag: Tommy
State: Texas
City: Lubbock/Refugio
FC: 3909-7187-7231
Skill level: Good
Mains: Pit, Marth, Fox, Toon Link
Occasionals: ...everyone else?
Prefs: Maps that don't move or are flat. Items can be on or off ( pref off though )

Nabster92

Still awaiting registration on the same people. Gonna delete next time i go through the list again in a day or two:

Kamikaze
kassatsu
rocketdarkness
evilmario
kern-shiri
khalid-s
imperius
relix
artv
brannon
crow
duffey
captain N
windu
polyh3dron
economan
onilink666
shamrock7r
somnia

And just added alex.

Edit: My number is 2148-7776-5580 smash name NABIL.

Windu

Nabster92 said:
Still awaiting registration on the same people. Gonna delete next time i go through the list again in a day or two:

Kamikaze
kassatsu
rocketdarkness
evilmario
kern-shiri
khalid-s
imperius
relix
artv
brannon
crow
duffey
captain N
windu
polyh3dron
economan
onilink666
shamrock7r
somnia

And just added alex.
FC?

Jiggy37 said:
You know, I have to say: not to defend lag or anything, but there are bunches of moves like Kirby's down special or Wario's side special that instantly become viable instead of worthless in these online matches, due to players not being able to dodge in a split second. It's almost like a different gameplay universe in a way. >_>

Edit: Same for stuff like King Dedede's side smash or most of Ike's ground moves.

I can't effectively play as Ness or Lucas thanks to that damn lag.

So many unintentional suicides... lol

I tried a random singles 4p match...and the game froze right when i got hit which caused my controller to remain in permanent rumble until got the f out of there.

LiveWire

RoboPlato said:
Sorry to JASON, my Wii was still trying to use a Wireless connection.

np, I was wondering what the deal was....so basically Nintendo's WFC doesn't really support....wi-fi? :lol If I have to buy a separate adapter to make this damn thing wired....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Goddammit, no matter what I do I can't get a playable connection. I even have a LAN adapter. Anyone have any advice? I don't think it's the school's network either, people play 360 games all the time online with minimal lag.

Tendo

RoboPlato said:
Goddammit, no matter what I do I can't get a playable connection. I even have a LAN adapter. Anyone have any advice? I don't think it's the school's network either, people play 360 games all the time online with minimal lag.

Do you have to register your wii with the school? I know at my uni I need to provide them with the mac address. I'd ask your schools resnet. probably something on their end needs turned on from your dorm room.

Windu

RoboPlato said:
When I lived in a dorm I bought Datel's Lan adapter and never could get it to work. And when I returned it they said that people had been having a lot of problems with them. I have heard people say the thing works fine but not for me. It might be the network, no idea why though. Anyway I ended up buying nintendo's wifi usb thingy and it worked fine. I use a router now though since I'm not in a dorm.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tendo said:
Do you have to register your wii with the school? I know at my uni I need to provide them with the mac address. I'd ask your schools resnet. probably something on their end needs turned on from your dorm room.
I've registered the MAC address of the Wii and the LAN adapter.

Windu said:
When I lived in a dorm I bought Datel's Lan adapter and never could get it to work. And when I returned it they said that people had been having a lot of problems with them. I have heard people say the thing works fine but not for me. It might be the network, no idea why though. Anyway I ended up buying nintendo's wifi usb thingy and it worked fine. I use a router now though since I'm not in a dorm.
We're an all Mac campus so I would have to bootcamp my Macbook in order to use the dongle. I have it her though, think it's worth it?

Windu

RoboPlato said:
I've registered the MAC address of the Wii and the LAN adapter.

We're an all Mac campus so I would have to bootcamp my Macbook in order to use the dongle. I have it her though, think it's worth it?
Well you can always try it, if it doesn't work then return it.

Tendo

Is the official nintendo lan adapter the datel one? Because that is the adapter I'll be buying when I get back to uni.

Windu

Tendo said:
Is the official nintendo lan adapter the datel one? Because that is the adapter I'll be buying when I get back to uni.
I don't think so. I just looked it up on Nintendo's site, apparently you can only buy theirs online. I bought the datel one at EBgames so I guess not.

Top Bottom