• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

Nice games Bork, Mila and TQO. I was so lucky with my Pikachu in one of my last matches with the meteors falling :lol

But the only character I got wins with was Pikachu. I didn't have enough time to really learn the new characters and the subtle changes in the gameplay compared to Melee yet. And I'm like 30% into SSE, so there are a lot of characters/stages I can't play with yet.

kiryogi

Banned
Ysid, sorry about that, looks like my sister is downloading or something. I'll be available again in a few hours when I can cut it off XD

Jiggy

Milabrega said:
Dude i'm awful heh
No you aren't.
Good games. :D The lag I've encountered in every single match is really beginning to frustrate me, though.

Also, to people who were trying to join: when I put up the message that says "1-on-1," I mean that I'm looking for 1-on-1 matches. :p

Jiggy37 said:
No you aren't.
Good games. :D The lag I've encountered in every single match is really beginning to frustrate me, though.

Also, to people who were trying to join: when I put up the message that says "1-on-1," I mean that I'm looking for 1-on-1 matches. :p

Ei, he was quite impressive when he played with Metal, Gear!, and me.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Had some great matches with Crowphoenix, Metal, Gear!, and Milabrega earlier. They were almost lag-free, which made them a boatload of fun. I look forward to playing the rest of you on my hit Friends List, especially MrCheez and Jiggy.

I also learned that I should never play as Wolf. That was a bit of an embarassing match. :D

Milabrega

Had a great time playing everyone tonight. Almost 100% lag free except the game crushed join in heh.

Meta-Knight that Diddy vs. Diddy duel was Amazing! I'm sad we went over the replay time limit would love to have watched that again.

tmdorsey

projectkuro said:
Thanks for the matches, tmdorsey.

I added you.

Looking forward to some matches in the future.

Good games Kuro, DMZ, and Pat. Very hectic and fun. Kuro was winning most of the matches with different characters to boot. Looks like GAF definietly got some players.

I think I'm best with Peach and Kirby so far. I just finished more of SSE so I'm looking forward to getting better with more characters.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Meta-Knight said:
Nice games Bork, Mila and TQO. I was so lucky with my Pikachu in one of my last matches with the meteors falling :lol

Yes you were!!! :p
That's what I get for celebrating your KO before it happened. I had already put the controller down :lol.

edible_candle said:
Added you. My code is 3737 9187 0202. Also, had some pretty awesome matches against SuperAndroid, I believe. So close, but I always got juggled to death in the end. Fun times.

good games indeed :lol :lol

man tbh , your lag is pretty weird .. sometimes its really stable and good .. and sometimes it just falls apart. Oh well , im done for tonight . Good snake btw

SuperAndroid17 said:
good games indeed :lol :lol

man tbh , your lag is pretty weird .. sometimes its really stable and good .. and sometimes it just falls apart. Oh well , im done for tonight . Good snake btw

Hahaha, yea. Some other people were using the internet earlier, it caused some rather random (and shitty) lag.

Ysiadmihi, you're Kak, right? Those were some awesome, though slightly laggy matches. I need to test my online when it's closer to the wireless router...

Damn you and your Landmaster for the 0% kill, so evil. I did get a bitching awesome spike off with Lucas, though, and my G&W got a few lucky breaks and destroyed Luigi. :D

Ysiadmihi

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
Ysiadmihi, you're Kak, right? Those were some awesome, though slightly laggy matches. I need to test my online when it's closer to the wireless router...

Damn you and your Landmaster for the 0% kill, so evil. I did get a bitching awesome spike off with Lucas, though, and my G&W got a few lucky breaks and destroyed Luigi. :D

You should have heard the "FUUUUUUCK!" I let out when you got that spike :lol

And man your G&W is deadly, very nice.

Ysiadmihi said:
You should have heard the "FUUUUUUCK!" I let out when you got that spike :lol

And man your G&W is deadly, very nice.
::bow::
He's actually not my main. I think Sonic, Lucas, and Marth are my "official" mains.
I just played him a lot in melee for fun, and the significant boosts he's gotten have just made him that much better. He's very good at defensive play, as he has a Dsmash that hits both sides, attacks that come out in like one frame (Dtilt, Nair), and of course, the random "I win" 9 that I always neglect to use.

You're one of the first people I've seen that can actually recover with Wolf well. For some reason all my friends up self-destructing somehow, or completely botching the recoveries.

Tendo

Mao and Mal, awesome matches tonight. Whoever was hosting, I <3 your connection. only had some lag in that last match aka WHY WON'T KIRBY DIE.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
You're one of the first people I've seen that can actually recover with Wolf well. For some reason all my friends up self-destructing somehow, or completely botching the recoveries.

His up-B is a little hard to aim since it's near instant and after he uses it, he falls straight down for a while. That's why you see so many SDs with him. It's got great distance though, so if you aim it properly you can recover from very far away.

Malfunky

Good stuff, kilo. Got disconnected, but I'm done for now.

Man, this game is great. :D

We really need an IRC channel or something for these types of posts. :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Woo. I was falling apart near the end there. But still it was fun experimenting with the other chars. Good game Ysid!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
kiryogi said:
Woo. I was falling apart near the end there. But still it was fun experimenting with the other chars. Good game Ysid!

Ditto, that was pretty fun. I really like ROB's laser, it's got so many uses.

And stop picking that Mario Bros. stage, it's almost impossible to avoid the koopa troopas :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Ditto, that was pretty fun. I really like ROB's laser, it's got so many uses.

And stop picking that Mario Bros. stage, it's almost impossible to avoid the koopa troopas :lol

It's all random! XD And it was pretty damn funny to see the koopa troopas own us over XD Espeically when they got angry.

Milabrega said:
Had a great time playing everyone tonight. Almost 100% lag free except the game crushed join in heh.

Meta-Knight that Diddy vs. Diddy duel was Amazing! I'm sad we went over the replay time limit would love to have watched that again.

Haha yes it was! Diddy is a great character. In fact they did a great job with pretty much all of the new characters.
I thought the explosive charge that blows up the bridge was an item at first -_-

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Man, I feel bad turning people down for matches, but once it gets to be more than 2 people the lag really sets in. I was feeling generous though, so I let you join Enk, so be grateful even if KCow and I did beat you down.

And I need to find a new GC controller. The C Stick on my old one is just randomly conking out every now and then, and I find myself constantly facing the wrong direction. (Yes KevinCow, those Snake self-destructs on Orpheon...)

Oh, and they totally messed up the scoring system for time matches. Now self-destructs count as +1's for opponents, even if they didn't even touch you? Why can't you change the score penalty for self-destructs like in Melee?

I'd like to build up a healthy friends list. I'm an average player, and I'll be online quite a bit. I'll add anyone who PM's me. Thanks :)

0645-5434-0466
Will

Enk

makes good threads.
Crushed said:
Man, I feel bad turning people down for matches, but once it gets to be more than 2 people the lag really sets in. I was feeling generous though, so I let you join Enk, so be grateful even if KCow and I did beat you down.

And I need to find a new GC controller. The C Stick on my old one is just randomly conking out every now and then, and I find myself constantly facing the wrong direction. (Yes KevinCow, those Snake self-destructs on Orpheon...)

Oh, and they totally messed up the scoring system for time matches. Now self-destructs count as +1's for opponents, even if they didn't even touch you? Why can't you change the score penalty for self-destructs like in Melee?

Yeah the lag was pretty bad. It kept screwing up my timing. I didn't realize it was coming from my side. I figured since you're in Georgia it wouldn't be a problem. I'll be grabbing a LAN adapter this week so that should smooth things out at least.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Good games to the four or five guys I was just playing. Finally got to play on the Pictochat stage with Lip's Theme after about an hour of trying :lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Enk said:
Yeah the lag was pretty bad. It kept screwing up my timing. I didn't realize it was coming from my side. I figured since you're in Georgia it wouldn't be a problem. I'll be grabbing a LAN adapter this week so that should smooth things out at least.
It might not be coming from your side, it just seems to happen whenever I play matches with more than 2 people. :mad:

Ysiadmihi said:
Good games to the four or five guys I was just playing. Finally got to play on the Pictochat stage with Lip's Theme after about an hour of trying :lol
That was like my second time playing as Sonic, I swear he has no good knockback moves...took like almost 200% to kill you :lol

Crushed said:

Probably so that people can't game the system in time, like jumping off the ledge and just taking a -1 point hit when someone picks up a smashball etc..

Ysiadmihi

Banned
OliveJuice said:
That was like my second time playing as Sonic, I swear he has no good knockback moves...took like almost 200% to kill you :lol

I have tried liking him but he's so weak and all of his attacks seem to do the same thing. I never really liked the "weak but fast" characters and he's easily at the bottom of my list.

LiveWire

Great games yesterday to whomever Matt and (was it SEITO? SAITO? I can't remember, but you played Ike and Locario a lot) are on GAF--my Smash nick is Jason.

Unfortunately we suffered a lot of lag, even in 3-player. I'm wondering if it's my end because I have a Linksys router. After this years Madden league problems and now this, I'm gonna eat the cost and buy a new (non-Linksys) G+ or N router. Anyone have any recommendations? Belkin? D-link? Some other brand?

Oh, and a final two words:

FUCK IKE.

OnPoint

2406 4857 4048

There are my numbers. I'm at work now but I"ll probably be looking to play later. PM me your digits if you add me.

Milabrega

SuperAndroid17 said:
I think ive added you no? your nick is MILA. just in case you havent added me , its 3737-9185-0838.

Finishing my lunch then im playing.

Yep got you, friend came by who hasnt played before so he's practicing while i make lunch.

Tendo

LiveWire said:
Great games yesterday to whomever Matt and (was it SEITO? SAITO? I can't remember, but you played Ike and Locario a lot) are on GAF--my Smash nick is Jason.

Unfortunately we suffered a lot of lag, even in 3-player. I'm wondering if it's my end because I have a Linksys router. After this years Madden league problems and now this, I'm gonna eat the cost and buy a new (non-Linksys) G+ or N router. Anyone have any recommendations? Belkin? D-link? Some other brand?

Oh, and a final two words:

FUCK IKE.

I have a linksys router as well and was getting dc'd all over the place. I called my isp thinking it may be on there end and they told me to put my router on wireless channel 11. No problems since. I also gave my wii a static ip at the same time. Maybe one of those will help you.

LiveWire

Tendo said:
I have a linksys router as well and was getting dc'd all over the place. I called my isp thinking it may be on there end and they told me to put my router on wireless channel 11. No problems since. I also gave my wii a static ip at the same time. Maybe one of those will help you.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Top Bottom