• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions, if anybody would be kind enough to answer them?

1) Is swimming still present? I really disliked it's inclusion in Brawl; I felt some stages would have been more fun without it, as they would have been more dangerous. The river in Jungle Japes was far more threatening in Melee than in Brawl.

2) Does Wario still have his awkward run?

3) How many music tracks are there per stage? I was led to believe it was 2, but after seeing some Youtube videos of the sound test, I'm not so sure.

4) Does somebody have a complete list/image of all the stages in the game?

5) Does the Final Destination form of each stage automatically turn off all items? It does in the demo, which REALLY concerns me.

I asked this before but didn't get a response.

Could anyone tell me how you set a match to have both timed and stock rules please? Do you have to unlock it because I can't find the option anywhere.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're trying to do Timed Match and then add stocks to it, when you need to be doing a Stock Match and setting the time instead

Ivan 3414

As well as the fact that Sakurai doesn't need permission from other teams when it comes to KI and Kirby content.

This is a weak excuse. I'm sure Sakurai consults with other developers even for Kirby and Kid Icarus characters, and I doubt asking other teams for input for their characters is a difficult process.

StayDead

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're trying to do Timed Match and then add stocks to it, when you need to be doing a Stock Match and setting the time instead

For stock rules I get on options I get

Stock limit:
Customise:
Handicap:
Damage Ratio:
Stage Selection:
Item switch.

I don't get anything about time or stock on either.

1) Is swimming still present? I really disliked it's inclusion in Brawl; I felt some stages would have been more fun without it, as they would have been more dangerous. The river in Jungle Japes was far more threatening in Melee than in Brawl.

3) How many music tracks are there per stage? I was led to believe it was 2, but after seeing some Youtube videos of the sound test, I'm not so sure.

5) Does the Final Destination form of each stage automatically turn off all items? It does in the demo, which REALLY concerns me.
Nope!

Nope! It's much more smooth now.

Only 2, some songs are just in sound test.

And I don't have tbe link to the image/don't know about the last one. Sorry!

MAtgS

1. No, the AC & Balloon fight stages treat water like there's nothing there at all.

3. 2, however Smash Run seems to have additional tracks beyond those used in other stages.

Spinluck

Few questions. Is it true that swimming is gone in this version and present in the Wii U one?

And does Smash Run take place on the same map layout? It's not like randomly generated or cycles between different layouts?

Makai

Few questions. Is it true that swimming is gone in this version and present in the Wii U one?

And does Smash Run take place on the same map layout? It's not like randomly generated or cycles between different layouts?
Swimming is gone on 3DS. Never heard of it being on Wii U

Forkball

I do wish Sakurai had done more to give the 3DS version its own value over the Wii U version. I doubt he would keep Home Run Contest out of the Wii U version. Everything Sakurai's doing seems to be undercutting the 3DS version's value:

1. No Event Mode
2. No Special Smash
3. No Target Test
4. Easier challenges (perhaps fewer also?)
5. No intro
6. No Tournament Mode

We can assume that Sakurai saved these things for the Wii U version, but it seems like a ton of content that isn't really countered by an Angry Birds knock-off, Smash Run, and custom moves (that can be used in the Wii U version anyway).

There are 105 challenges, so that's a good number. The early ones are really easy, but there are some challenging (and time consuming) ones on the other pages.

I agree that the 3DS seems lacking on paper. I would love event mode and Special Smash challenges. However, a lot of the new additions are very interesting and fun. Smash Run is much better than I expected and character customization is a very unique addition although perhaps pointless in the eyes of many. I would also say Classic is better than its ever been with an excellent final boss.

Of course, the main appeal is Smash on the go. The fighting is spectacular and that's what it really comes down to. For a lot that's enough, though I can understand wanting the game to have more. I'm sure the Wii U version will be completely packed with content.

Frodo

Reading this thread just makes hype levels skyrocket.

How is playing Smash with the 3DS circlepad? That is my only concern.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, customization isn't in the Wii U version? To what extent, you have to transfer everything from the 3DS version? I assumed you could unlock custom moves on Wii U, but that might not be the case?

Frodo

Apparently 3DS circlepads are being broken while playing SSB. It is all a plan so Nintendo gets to sell more 3DSs, on top of the 3DSs they are already selling because of the game being released...

JoeM86

Apparently 3DS circlepads are being broken while playing SSB. It is all a plan so Nintendo gets to sell more 3DSs, on top of the 3DSs they are already selling because of the game being released...

Well don't jam it hard to the side and it won't break. Simple as that haha

SuperSah

Banned

Got any actual proof on this?

I have zero issue with the circle pad after around seven hours of the demo.

Spinluck

Repost from the other thread, hoping to get some responses.

Can anyone comment on this?

sku_170558_1.jpg

Might order it if I hear some good feedback on here, because at it stands... I cannot play Smash 3DS for more than 10 mins without my fingers getting uncomfy and cramping.

This looks like it would help it fit in my hand better, but I do not want to end up with a cheap piece of shit. It's for the XL. Cannot wait for the new models, I wanna C-stick so bad.

BasilZero

You mean of the Circle Pad Pro or the actual standard one?

Edit: Wow @ pics below - I dont even move my pad that hard but knowing this I'm gonna be even more careful lol.

Yeah mine was already a not so loose anymore and after playing the demo for 10 mins it just gets completely stuck. I already brought it in for repair once but they hardly fixed it. Luckily by bringing it in I have one more year of warranty on the analog stick so I can try again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Err no, those are actually the rubber coming off. You can actually just superglue it back. Mine got off while playing Pokemon X lol

Got any actual proof on this?

I have zero issue with the circle pad after around seven hours of the demo.
all over reddit and twitter and stuff.. personally im not gonna strain myself to pull something off and break my control pad off ill just wait for the wii u version to get in depth.

I still cant shoryuken good with megaman ;_;

PKGaming

Banned
To anyone who has the full game, could you tell me what you think of Little Mac? Because I'm worried about him. We all know he has a terrible air game and terrible recovery, but is supposed to make up for it with his strong ground attacks. But do they really make up for it? One thing that shocked me was that while watching gameplay footage, it's clear that his "one hit instant KO" punch isn't instant at all. So the one thing that made Little Mac special and was supposed to make up for his bad air moves isn't even that good? I really hope he's not as bad as the videos I'm seeing make it seem like. A lot of people are saying Mega Man's bad, but I love Mega Man from the demo. I think he's a great character and I've won many battles with him. I hope the same goes for Mac because he's the newcomer I'm most looking forward to.

so im watching a stream and the guy got hit with a 10min ban for quiting a match guess nintendo wasnt kidding when they said they would punish rage quiters.

All this talk about the circle pad problems reminds me about all the L-Button problems with KI:U. People must be really aggressive with there systems o_O But I dont think it'll be that widespread of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom