• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those that know of the full roster, what do you think of it? Put spoilers in appropriate tags, please.
I like it quite a lot. Other than a few cuts (especially if you fave has been cut), it is quite packed for me to try out more characters who could become one of my mains.

Mistle

Hey guys! Here's the link to the document if you just want to see the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qrcl008lknv2jyuCNVqRSJLxw/edit#gid=1405843848

If you're wanting to add your info, quote this post to get a link to a questionnaire that will automatically add your info to it. Friend lists are limited as well, so don't go in thinking you'll add everyone in SmashGAF. Keep in mind that the 3DS is super silly and doesn't alert others when you friend them, so don't be afraid to let other know you've added them.

Added myself to the list. Based in Australia but anybody can feel free to add me.

Do we know if Smash has communities like MK8? It's be so much better if we could just set up a gaf community where everybody smashes everybody. The friends limit and FC exchange hassle severely limits enjoyment imo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qrcl008lknv2jyuCNVqRSJLxw/edit#gid=1405843848

If you're wanting to add your info, quote this post to get a link to a questionnaire that will automatically add your info to it. Friend lists are limited as well, so don't go in thinking you'll add everyone in SmashGAF. Keep in mind that the 3DS is super silly and doesn't alert others when you friend them, so don't be afraid to let other know you've added them.

Added myself, let me know if you add me

I am looking for two things:
1) Palutena taunts and gameplay.
2) Ganondorf gameplay.

Anyone have links? Non-suck play prefered.

zroid

Banned
1) Palutena taunts

befTDtw.png

dat's all I got

batfax

There are two planned GAF tourneys so far that I know of. One of them is full though.

I remember signing up for one during the earliest PotD threads, but I have no idea if that's one of the ones that are still actually going to happen. Is there a list for the two planned ones around?

Berordn

i'm still gonna do

STUDLY
SMAAAAAAASH
MEN

too.

but i'm also gonna wait for a while after the 3DS version is out worldwide, so everyone gets enough hands on time.

zroid

Banned
The Smash Sisters one TroubledBat is doing is the full one right? I think he's still accepting sign ups in case some people drop out.

I remember signing up for one during the earliest PotD threads, but I have no idea if that's one of the ones that are still actually going to happen. Is there a list for the two planned ones around?

Yeah that's the full one. You can view the bracket here: http://challonge.com/superbashsisters I'm guessing Troubled Bat is maintaining the waiting list.

The one you signed up for really early is PROOOOBABLY SuperSah's. I'm not really sure what's going on with that, but you could PM him to find out, lol.

Kinsei

Banned
The one you signed up for really early is PROOOOBABLY SuperSah's. I'm not really sure what's going on with that, but you could PM him to find out, lol.

He mentioned that registration for his tourney would start soon. I think the post was about a week ago.

Lunar15

I'd much prefer to talk about the game in the OT, but what's the stance on talking about the full roster? Is that a no go?

Just added the funds to my import 3DS. I am so excited for tomorrow. 11 AM can't come soon enough!

And I've got a huge benefit booked at work tomorrow and it's going to be busy ALL DAY. :(

added myself forgot to mention that rofl

Ridley was always a null concept to me because of the fact his proportions would look ridiculous if he was playable in Smash.

Prayed for an Ice Climbers return, but alas.

Wait, I was reading the other Smash thread and you can unlock every character by
playing only 150 VS Matches? That's way easier than I'm used to! I'll have everyone unlocked in a few hours. :D

Wait, I was reading the other Smash thread and you can unlock every character by
playing only 150 VS Matches? That's way easier than I'm used to! I'll have everyone unlocked in a few hours. :D

Yeah, it seems that way.
I kind of like the change, since the requirements to do that in Brawl felt super tedious.

Yeah, it seems that way.
I kind of like the change, since the requirements to do that in Brawl felt super tedious.

Works for me.
When Brawl came out it took us days to unlock everyone. I just want to get in there and Smash!

Edit: Has anyone experimented with Ganondorf or Mr. Game & Watch yet? My friend demands to know and his interest in the game depends on their buffs.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, it seems that way.

I can see this change being something the majority of the community likes, but I'm going to miss working towards the character unlocks.

Kinsei

Banned
I think it probably feels less satisfying, but at the same time jumping off of battlefield hundreds of times wasn't exactly fun.

Not according to Sakurai, no.

True, suiciding wasn't fun, which is why I went for the other unlock methods. Now it seems pretty every character is unlocked through Classic, which is really short now. I suppose it's understandable since this is a portable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom