• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions I'm going to be on the lookout for answers for. If anyone can answer them now, that'd be nice, but I'll probably be able to find them soon enough.

When customization is off, how do you pick between the three styles of Mii, since it uses the customization menu? Does the height change stats when customization is off?

When Kirby copies the powers of someone with a custom neutral special, does he gain that neutral special?

Do Falco and Fox still have their taunt smash easter egg on Corneria? Does it work on the Final Destination version?

Does Doc have his Melee taunt? What are his other taunts?

Can Lucina taunt to keep her mask on permanently?

Does Wario have more than 8 skins like Little Mac?

J@hranimo

Banned
Tomorrow is going to be great. Everyone with JP 3DS will be able to stream the full game! Can't wait to see what the Smash community can do with the new characters.

I have some questions I'm going to be on the lookout for answers for. If anyone can answer them now, that'd be nice, but I'll probably be able to find them soon enough.

Can't answer all, but:
When customization is off, how do you pick between the three styles of Mii, since it uses the customization menu? Does the height change stats when customization is off?

My understanding is that when customization is off, the Miis aren't on the character select screen and thus not selectable.
Can Lucina taunt to keep her mask on permanently?

I believe once you do the taunt, the mask will stay on the rest of the match.

ec0ec0

just posting here so mods wont close the thread haha xD (aeana i am sorry, dont ban me please!! Its actually true that this thread is not being used when it should be)

My understanding is that when customization is off, the Miis aren't on the character select screen and thus not selectable.

UWqZjmY.png

Miis are still able to be picked when customization is off

Added myself to the list. Based in Australia but anybody can feel free to add me.

Do we know if Smash has communities like MK8? It's be so much better if we could just set up a gaf community where everybody smashes everybody. The friends limit and FC exchange hassle severely limits enjoyment imo.
Not sure, but I hope so. I'm really excited to see more of online play in the coming days to see how it all works.

random25

There are two planned GAF tourneys so far that I know of. One of them is full though.

I'm part of Super Bash Sisters. I heard Sah is also making one, but I don't know if it's full. If somebody is organizing, let me know so I can join the fun!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't really emphasize how much I really appreciate with the fact that they overhauled the animations or actually make those models from the scratch. The characters look like they are actually alive in the battles.

I can't really emphasize how much I really appreciate with the fact that they overhauled the animations or actually make those models from the scratch. The characters look like they are actually alive in the battles.

tumblr_mz93o6Taxr1r5abtio1_500.png

I know that this image is not 1:1 comparable (and that this uses the Wii U version, but the animations are the same), but it in some ways really sums up how nicely the characters move. I can't speak to anything more than the demo, but it is instantly noticeable.

Platy

...not talking about the character omissions ... they all make total sense (snake: 3rd party rights, IC: 4 Nana ai+60fps+3D+itens=3ds explosion, lucas/wolf: pallete swaps and custom moves)

...I am talking about how Game & watch is away from the RETRO people AND pacman ... how we now know that Dr Mario is not even THAT of a clone because he has the tatsumaki ....

Here is a roster that I would be happy with ... and I only put one more char and the roster would still work without him

ibb1qTK66LJvd7.png

PaulBizkit

tumblr_mz93o6Taxr1r5abtio1_500.png

I know that this image is not 1:1 comparable (and that this uses the Wii U version, but the animations are the same), but it in some ways really sums up how nicely the characters move. I can't speak to anything more than the demo, but it is instantly noticeable.

Dedede feels so alive in the new game.

rawktapus

Yeah, it's gonna be really fun messing around in practice with the speed slowed down and the camera zoomed in. I love seeing all the details in the animation, they really knocked it out of the park.

Golnei

Nope. That news completely killed the mode for me. I only know one person with a 3DS and we hardly ever see each other.

Not supporting online Smash Run is ridiculous, especially since it made up so much of the 3DS version's marketing push. I wonder why it ended up that way?

Spinluck

...not talking about the character omissions ... they all make total sense (snake: 3rd party rights, IC: 4 Nana ai+60fps+3D+itens=3ds explosion, lucas/wolf: pallete swaps and custom moves)

...I am talking about how Game & watch is away from the RETRO people AND pacman ... how we now know that Dr Mario is not even THAT of a clone because he has the tatsumaki ....

Here is a roster that I would be happy with ... and I only put one more char and the roster would still work without him

ibb1qTK66LJvd7.png

Roster is great, but Dr. Mario is a blatant clone.

Makai

Sooo goood man, I cant wait to try Mario, it's a tradition!, and he looks to be buffed as well, I love it!.
The coolest part of Mario is his Fair groundbounces. If you hit an enemy into the stage and they miss the tech, you'll have a good setup to spike them for real.

Yeah, it's gonna be really fun messing around in practice with the speed slowed down and the camera zoomed in. I love seeing all the details in the animation, they really knocked it out of the park.

Finally... someone who does exactly what I do in training mode.
<3

-Horizon-

I was kind of hoping Smash Run would have online since you could have insane unpredictable matches because you had no idea what power ups your opponent could've grabbed.
Oh well, I'll still tinker around with it.

I friggin' LOVE Dr. Mario - he was way better to play as in Melee than Vanillio.

I love how psychopathic the implications of him in Smash are too - some alternate universe version of Mario decided to go into pharmaceuticals before taking a vacation to try and get his doppleganger (and co) to OD on powerful prescription drugs.

You see, the good doctor HAS no friends. He is alone in his universe. And he is here to unleash the mightiest of wraths upon your nervous system.

First comes paralysis. Then comes cardiac arrest. Before the final blackness hits, you feel one last horse-dong sized "vitamin" being shoved down your throat, and your last experience in the mushroom kingdom is a simultaneous mixture of suffocation and full CNS shutdown.

Wahoo motherfucker, time to practice my medicine

The coolest part of Mario is his Fair groundbounces. If you hit an enemy into the stage and they miss the tech, you'll have a good setup to spike them for real.

I find it really stupid that ground bounces can be teched. It's like "hey, we made a new mechanic to encourage more usage of meteor smashes outside their intended use" and then purposely gimped it.

Josephl64

I love how I was wondering if there has ever been a dalmatian in the Nintendogs stage or as an assist trophy, but then I saw the Duck Hunt alt., all is well ~

*moved from the other thread*

We've found Squirtle and Ivysaur as well. And the Polar Bear trophy had a generic smash logo, not the Ice Climber eggplant for what it's worth.
That's something that bugs me. We have icons for series with no playable characters whatsoever (Pictochat/Touch Generations, Nintendog, Balloon Fight, Find Mii, Tomadachi Life, Pilotwings), yet there's nothing for Ice Climbers? I don't see why he'd remove the eggplant icon. Sure, there's the remote chance it was to not upset those that miss Ice Climbers, but for all that why not remove the Polar Bear altogether? Seems extremely strange to me.

I'm still really excited to try out Smash Run despite it not being online. I'm personally looking forward to tinkering around with the music settings on it so I can fight Bulborbs with fucking Mute City playing in the background..

Who's going digital for this one?

I'm thinking of it, just to be able to play it as soon as humanly possible.

How is Nintendo with e-shop launches? Is it likely to go on sale at 12:00am on the 3rd or later?

Symphonic

How is Nintendo with e-shop launches? Is it likely to go on sale at 12:00am on the 3rd or later?

They've already said midnight. I'm debating too... I love physical but smash would be the one game to always have with you

-Horizon-

Physical only unless I can't find the game for a reasonable price or if its a digital only game.
I love physical carts and being able to hold the case.
*takes a big whiff of 3DS game cases* mmmmmhmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom