• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone figured out what buttons choose winpose in this game? I've tried a bunch but haven't had much luck.

this is important because i need to make sure i always get the duck hunt laugh winpose

Kinsei

Banned
This is a really questionable decision...

My guess is that the reason for it is because the ridiculously unbalanced equippable items are also under the customization umbrella. If this is indeed the case, they should have made them separate so we could use custom moves online with randoms.

Revven

My guess is that the reason for it is because the ridiculously unbalanced equippable items are also under the customization umbrella. If this is indeed the case, they should have made them separate so we could use custom moves online with randoms.

An additional reason might also have been because you can't see what custom moves your opponent would have equipped until you started playing them. That does have an impact on things to some extent, even if it might not be a big deal once they've used the moves at least once mid-match.

georly

This is a really questionable decision...

Eh, I don't mind. It prevents broken custom moves from being the meta. It makes balancing the base characters easier if you only have to balance their default moves and not worry about customs.

It'd be nice if there was a mode that allowed customs though, but I don't think customs belong in for glory.

Can anyone fill me in on what All-Star character trophies say (generally)? Do they discuss canon, or just the character's moveset like they did in Melee and Brawl?

EDIT: What people don't realize is that Melee doesn't have any worthless characters, while Brawl does. I just watched Mew2King win 2-0 against Sheik with Pichu and Kirby. Ganondorf doesn't win 2-0 against Meta Knight.

I think it is random though

It'd be odd if, after being included in both Melee and Brawl, they removed the ability to select a winpose by holding a certain button. But I just haven't had any luck with any of them.

Can anyone fill me in on what All-Star character trophies say (generally)? Do they discuss canon, or just the character's moveset like they did in Melee and Brawl?

It's about their special moves.

georly

Has anyone figured out what buttons choose winpose in this game? I've tried a bunch but haven't had much luck.

this is important because i need to make sure i always get the duck hunt laugh winpose

Gonna test for you!

Seems like it's the same for brawl, holding taunt button.

No wait, i'm wrong, hold on.

Josh7289

Finally unlocked all the characters. I figured Jigglypuff would be last. That is humorous.

But that Jigglypuff fight was the only secret character fight I died in. I stupidly used a move that caused me to jump off the side with no chance of recovery. Oh well!, I fixed it the next time! So 121 matches in and I have everyone. I think excluding Ice Climbers was a mistake though! They're the only ones missing who I think really had a unique place in the series.

georly

You sure? I tried taunt and have had different ones come up. I'll try again, though...

Yeah maybe I was getting lucky. I'll keep trying.

Try holding left?

So, my findings are that Up/Down is one victory pose (kick the can), Right is the gunman one, and Left is the laugh.

Which is different from taunt where left/right are the same, but up/down are different.

Yeah, i'm 5 for 5 holding left and getting the laugh victory pose.

Nibel

So, to those who are already playing the Japanese version:

I own Melee already; is there any reason to buy Smash 4?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
So, to those who are already playing the Japanese version:

I own Melee already; is there any reason to buy Smash 4?

Yes the game isn't like Melee so you're getting your money's worth

Yeah maybe I was getting lucky. I'll keep trying.

Try holding left?

So, my findings are that Up/Down is one victory pose (kick the can), Right is the gunman one, and Left is the laugh.

Which is different from taunt where left/right are the same, but up/down are different.

That seems right, except I think it's just left/up/right, because I've gotten different ones holding down. Thanks, though!

After spending some time with Mega Man I can't help but think that they messed up a bit by not including control options. If you're going to include a character like Mega Man with a cool up tilt, you better give me the option to disable jumping on the slidepad.

Kouriozan

After spending some time with Mega Man I can't help but think that they messed up a bit by not including control options. If you're going to include a character like Mega Man with an up tilt, you better give me the option to disable jumping on the slidepad.

There is still balance patch hope, if he really is that weak.

After spending some time with Mega Man I can't help but think that they messed up a bit by not including control options. If you're going to include a character like Mega Man with a cool up tilt, you better give me the option to disable jumping on the slidepad.

There are control options in the full game, but I'm not sure if one of them allows you to disable jumping on the circlepad

Drago

You can turn that off in the full game

Choomp

Banned
Damn Makai, liking that taste in music.

The 3DS version, visually, looks so much better than I'd expected it to, from what I've played in the demo. Can't wait to see some of those cooler looking stages, on Wii U especially, gonna be real cool.

Hatchtag

Banned
Who among this roster would players say are the best characters to help someone get used to the game?

Use a past main. Works the best, because when you're controlling them just like you did in previous versions, then you're used to the controls. New characters are tempting, but trust me, save em for when you got the controls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom