• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Yeah samus is definately my main and it's my strongest by far.
Of the others I play, Ike I got a hang of near the start and he's fun to play and I'm not bad with him, you gotta make twice the effort as well and it requires you to do a lot more reading.
I started using Pit recently as well who's also pretty fun and I'm not bad with him either and there's a lot of nifty tricks with him as well.

Charizard and pikachu, sadly I'm not as good sigh.

Palutena has a lot of interesting specials, dunno why they made her default ones so god damn boring though.
Yah your Samus was pretty good. She's definetely a tough character to play as.. Yah I don't know why Skurai gave Palutena her most boring specials as a default, but w/e...

Vena

A bit too much rolling Odin, makes it easy to read to get a free grab. Some of our better players here would eat that up but my timing's a little poor on grabs lol.

Vena

lol... GGs Vena! That was a lot of fun.

Ya GGs. :D

Biggest suggestion I have is to stop all the rolling lol. Your DPit is great, though. Some suggestions on that: when >100% and near the edge, use f-throw for a kill, and use Electroshocker to punish rolls as its really, really good for that (less good for killing). Also you b-throw at the ledge should combo into fair on a chase I think at low percents. Also DPits canceled upsmash is great for kills.

Odinson

Ya GGs. :D

Biggest suggestion I have is to stop all the rolling lol. Your DPit is great, though. Some suggestions on that: when >100% and near the edge, use f-throw for a kill, and use Electroshocker to punish rolls as its really, really good for that (less good for killing). Also you b-throw at the ledge should combo into fair on a chase I think at low percents. Also DPits canceled upsmash is great for kills.

Thanks for the tips! Yea I have to stop the rolling habit. I need to work on my off stage game as well.

Vena

Thanks for the tips! Yea I have to stop the rolling habit. I need to work on my off stage game as well.

With DPit/Pit especially! They have great off-stage games and they have great recoveries.

I personally tend to over commit with Marth, lol.

Odinson

With DPit/Pit especially! They have great off-stage games and they have great recoveries.

I personally tend to over commit with Marth, lol.

lol..yea but your Marth was pretty good. Trying to get better with WT. D3 and DP are my mains.

Nabster92

Was that just a disconnect or are you done for now twilt?

Edit: ah yea suppose I should sleep too. But yea GGs. One thing a Shulk from Xanadu did to punish me a lot when I would miss hitting him offstage was using his up b at the ledge backwards to kill me with the second slash after confirming the first one connected since it combos into it and he can still grab the ledge anyways. When you up b into the stage while I'm offstage, you don't snap right away so it makes it easier for me to just stage spike you instead.

TWILT

Banned
Ahh, random DC, but ehh, guess I should stop playing now anyway.

GGs Nabster. Your Rosalina is quite the beast. It's so hard for me to land with Shulk.

Nabster92

Doh...Didn't realize that the person listed as "Dab" in my Apex pool was Dabuz. At least he's on the opposite side of my bracket so if I do face him in winners bracket, it wouldn't be until winners finals of my pool.

http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/E45

I've played the #2 seed Sky in Brawl and have beaten him in tourney before when he still played Peach. We'll see if I can still take him now as well provided I get through my first two rounds and he wins his match. Then I must out Rosalina the top Rosalina!

Doh...Didn't realize that the person listed as "Dab" in my Apex pool was Dabuz. At least he's on the opposite side of my bracket so if I do face him in winners bracket, it wouldn't be until winners finals of my pool.

http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/E45

I've played the #2 seed Sky in Brawl and have beaten him in tourney before when he still played Peach. We'll see if I can still take him now as well provided I get through my first two rounds and he wins his match. Then I must out Rosalina the top Rosalina!

LOL damn dude you got your work cut out for you! Compared to all of us, Dabuz is real as shit so I'd be wary if I were you.

Of course, I haven't even gotten to play you myself yet but from what I hear you could probably beat me anyway. :p Good luck!

Hey, are there any ZSS mains on here that wanna offer up their viewpoint on the Falco matchup? If so, I ask that you visit this thread on SmashBoards to help us figure out where we are on the matchup, and yeah.

For other mains who want to help us Falco players discuss our matchups with your characters, I ask that you take a look at our general matchup discussion thread as well. We'd appreciate all the help we can get gathering info, and remember that any info we gather for matchups helps the both of us!

Now, pardon as I train my Falco so that I DON'T LOSE MY WAAAAAY~

Recently picked this up.

Haven't played a Smash game since Melee.

Holy good fuck what have they done to my Falco?

>:D

He's a new bird, buddy. Better get used to Footsies and Fundamentals Falco, because there's no going back now.

Top Bottom