• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed the lack of hate for Hanenbow.

To be honest, I love all of Brawl's stages except for New Pork City.
Hanenbow I keep forgetting exists, New Pork City was awful layout wise and didn't represent one of Mother 3's coolest areas all that well and Rumble Falls had the potential to be a nice, scenic DKJB stage but instead barely resembles the level and is more or less Icicle Mountain 2: Electric Boogaloo. Also feel like Mushroomy Kingdom would've been cooler if it was a modern-day version of World 1-1 with pretty graphics or alternatively a NES style stage that cycled through SMB/2/3/World/New! aesthetics, but that's more subjective I guess.

Everything else I really dug though, even 75M and Mario Bros. (though it's annoying as shit when the latter shows up in All Star Mode).

It's been suggested before, but a level where you cycle between classic Nintendo/SEGA/Namco/Capcom arcade games while in an arcade (think Flat Zone or playing in the giant Gameboy in the 3DS game) would be amazing.

I don't think anyone ever remembers Hanenbow.

Hanenbow I keep forgetting exists, New Pork City was awful layout wise and didn't represent one of Mother 3's coolest areas all that well and Rumble Falls had the potential to be a nice, scenic DKJB stage but instead barely resembles the level and is instead Icicle Mountain 2: Electric Boogaloo. Also feel like Mushroomy Kingdom would've been cooler if it was a modern-day version of World 1-1 with pretty graphics or alternatively a NES style stage that cycled through SMB/2/3/World/New! aesthetics, but that's more subjective I guess.

Everything else I really dug though, even 75M and Mario Bros. (though it's annoying as shit when the latter shows up in All Star Mode).

Welp, that explains it...

The classic stage (75m/Mario Bros.) were an interesting concept, and I do hope that at least one of them comes back. Or maybe a new LoZ stage w/ NES graphics w/ a similar gimmick.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I find most of the Brawl stages to be good but unlike the other games in the series, including this one, it only has one truly great stage. Smashville. Lots and lots of mediocre to good, New Pork City, which is just plain bad, and Hanenbrow, which is fun but frustrating.

Kensho

Woah, is that big bird wearing a Mario Land feather on his head?
180px-Fire_Mario_SML2.png

I think character design is important. Super Smash Bros. is a series about Nintendo history, so I think a really diverse set of characters is great.

Well, Mario and Luigi, Peach and Daisy, Wario and Waluigi, 2 random toads on New Mario games... nintendo kind of has a thing with cloney characters we end up loving.

Mumford

Smash World! It looks like Smash for Wii U is getting an extra mode after all. :)
From the outside looking in, (someone who's going to get Smash4U but not 3DS) it looks like feature wise Smash has it all except for its defining single player mode. I really, truly hope that this is it.

J@hranimo

Banned
Smash World! It looks like Smash for Wii U is getting an extra mode after all. :)
From the outside looking in, (someone who's going to get Smash4U but not 3DS) it looks like feature wise Smash has it all except for its defining single player mode. I really, truly hope that this is it.

It also means we'll be getting "8 Player Smash" :p

Let's take it with a grain of salt for now.

Mumford

It also means we'll be getting "8 Player Smash" :p

Let's take it with a grain of salt for now.
For sure! I'm fine if this turns out to be nothing honestly, but a new Adventure mode or something would not hurt the overall package for me whatsoever is all I'm saying. It'd be impossible to kill my hype for this game right now, lol. I'm so, so excited.

J@hranimo

Banned
For sure! I'm fine if this turns out to be nothing honestly, but a new Adventure mode or something would not hurt the overall package for me whatsoever is all I'm saying. It'd be impossible to kill my hype for this game right now, lol. I'm so, so excited.

Oh yeah definitely! I'm really curious about the modes for this version. As I play the 3DS version I continue to get excited for the Wii U version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Special Orders, Master Orders, Crazy Orders, Ticket Selection, Amiibo, Choose a Build, Smash World, Official Tourney.

That's very interesting.

Someone from Reddit had a theory why those voices are in 3DS.

You can use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version right? Well maybe if you select the mode on the Wii U with the 3DS as a controller the "Smash World" sound comes out on both the 3DS and the Wii U? Just my thoughts.

random25

Smash World, huh? Will it play the same as Konami World?
Sorry I'm an old timer who still remembers that game :p

Anyway, if they're more or less Wii U related, then we have more things to look forward to for that version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Remember the discussion about 8 players?

VaanRose noticed that there are enough space for 8 characters.

tumblr_nd765lC0uu1tomr1bo1_500.png

Someone decided to add icons to the selection screen. (It's fake but just providing the point)

BJzgtAT.png

Hatchtag

Banned
That's very interesting.

Someone from Reddit had a theory why those voices are in 3DS.

That makes sense.

I honestly don't think Smash World would be something like Smash Run. I'm guessing it'd be more of a hub where one could find out about upcoming DLC, Amiibo releases, promotions, and Official Tourneys.
Problem is, where would it go? Perhaps I was wrong about thinking Amiibos would be to the lower-right of Smash, and that'd be the Smash World tab instead?

Golnei

So apparently Pit and Dark Pit do their eyeliner differently.

tumblr_inline_nd6d0nMcNu1r17aah.png

tumblr_inline_nd6czsmXFS1r17aah.png

I'm now completely fine with his inclusion; he's practically a unique character.

Remember the discussion about 8 players?

VaanRose noticed that there are enough space for 8 characters.

tumblr_nd765lC0uu1tomr1bo1_500.png

Someone decided to add icons to the selection screen. (It's fake but just providing the point)

BJzgtAT.png

If the 3DS was to be used as a controller, I guess it makes sense for the menus of both versions to be tailored to the Wii U-exclusive modes. Though it'll be really disappointing if this is all just a coincidence based on cut lines and design choices; and there's no notable Wii U modes at all.

zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

Pic of the day. Unfortunately, I've been too busy working on developing the Wii U version that I haven't had a chance to play Home-Run Contest with my Global Smash Power turned on. So fighters, with the game now released worldwide, how are you faring with your home-run distance and Global Smash Power? I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage.

zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

Pic of the day. Unfortunately, I've been too busy working on developing the Wii U version that I haven't had a chance to play Home-Run Contest with my Global Smash Power turned on. So fighters, with the game now released worldwide, how are you faring with your home-run distance and Global Smash Power? I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage.

Oh my god

ahahahahahahahahahahaa

Hatchtag

Banned
zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

Uh...Sakurai? You haven't revealed Ganondorf yet >.>

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yep, Ganondorf is who I have the highest Home Run score with.

Kirby's in second. Spam that Hammer.

zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

*SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE*

Barrel: "Please Mr. Sakurai, I don't have anything left!!!"

Enforced

zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

Oh you.

zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

Tha...That's worse than menu pics...

J@hranimo

Banned
zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

=_________=

On the other hand, good he's still fine tuning the Wii U version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom