• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Smash Direct did mentioned it but I remembered there were 5 songs because I counted it long time ago. Yeah, I probably jumped into conclusion about 5 songs but we will see in final version tho.

ga5UzJO.png

If Ridley is confirmed playable, the internet will reach "Sonic's Brawl Reveal" status.

Uh... no there won't be. You're comparing Sonic, the icon of a 90's fandom rivalry of gaming that hasn't ever been equaled in intensity and fanboyism to a character only Nintendo fans would recognize.

Smash Direct did mentioned it but I remembered there were 5 songs because I counted it long time ago. Yeah, I probably jumped into conclusion about 5 songs but we will see in final version tho.
Looks like it can be a variable like it was in Brawl.
Nice to know that it is not a set amount like in the 3DS game.

Uh... no there won't be. You're comparing Sonic, the icon of a 90's fandom rivalry of gaming that hasn't ever been equaled in intensity and fanboyism to a character only Nintendo fans would recognize.

Wasn't Sonic mostly requested by the western fanbase as well?

Anyway, I was just over-exaggerating, I wouldn't take my comment too seriously.

You see, what happens is DHD is revealed, and the Zapper is about to shoot Diddy, but then Dixie runs and saves him and it's a Dixie reveal trailer.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We have no clue. Iwata is still sick, so it will probably be Treehouse (Nate and Bill) or Sakurai. I hope it is Sakurai because he is pretty entertaining.
Really? Well, I suppose he could be be making a slow and steady recovery. I've read recovery from cholangiocarcinoma (that what some people believe he had) can take up to a year. Though he was in the Nintendo Direct broadcast on August 29, so I doubt he won't show up in one way or another for the Super Smash Bros. broadcast. I am fully expecting him to be present at the Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing for FY 2014 on October 30 (tentative date). Well, he has to be, I don't see Tatsumi Kimishima talking about QOL (and the console for emerging markets) in a way that excites the audience.

Rösti;135434158 said:
Really? Well, I suppose he could be be making a slow and steady recovery.
Yeah, what I remember reading up is that he can still do work and such. However, he would probably get winded from doing anything like a presentation. They were planning a Fall Direct for Toad and Smash, but canceled the idea after issues came up. Hence why we got announcements. Although this is all rumor mill stuff.

Edit: I could see a cameo, but I doubt he will be able to do anything more than that for now.

Speaking of Sonic, I really hope he gets a better variety of music and remixes.

But since he still has those terrible alt. colors (different shades of blue), I kind of doubt it.

You guys think Dr. Mario will be included in a trailer?

After missing a game, you may as well be a newcomer.

The scene opens to Doc putting a band-aid on a Toad's head in a hospital.
The camera shifts outside the window and flies down, underground. There's a secret lab. Doc's hidden lab.

In it is a capsule

Inside a familiar purple and white Pokemon

The eyes light up, the glass cracks and he comes bursting out of the capsule, and flies up into the sky.

DELCATTY SCRATCHES INTO BATTLE

That's why Sakurai is the man. Same deal with Bowser Jr. Now I go back in time and snicker at all the posts that said he would only be on Smash by using his paintbrush.
I would've actually liked bowser Jr with a paint brush move set instead but I'm okay with the clown car, at least he's in after all.

J@hranimo

Banned
Even though Sonic is really good in this, I feel like he'll get the short end of the stick again for music...I want more awesome remixes!

So apparently PushDustin found more in a datamine and this part is interesting:

Another interesting tidbit, is that they have text for up to 9/10 stages in All-Star (last stage doesn't have a Stage X Clear if I remember correctly). Currently it goes to 7. The Red border text does not appear as far as I know. This means they have enough All-Star Stages text for 18 additional characters. We probably won't get that many, but it's good to know they are prepared.

Except besides the first all star battle, its 7 characters per stage and he assumes its 6. Going by that logic...

OMG 21 DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED!!!!

Let's get hyped everyone! This is truly the best day ever!
Pls Sakurai use that data. Honesly, I could see us getting this many over years depending on if Sakurai feels its okay to keep supporting it and not have as many newcomers next game...I expect atleast 12 more characters. No I am not crazy.

Holy crap, twitch plays smash is doing for glory lol

9920GYS.png

I feel like the fun in this sort of thing is killed by 30 second twitch lag. There's absolutely no sense in even trying to do anything when there's lag like that.
They ought to be using that hitbox alternative.

So in my sleep deprived, anesthesia induced dreams; I imagined Sakurai announcing there would not be downloadable characters in the future. I think my reaction would be about the same in my dream.

Ryce

Only if they flat out deny the existence of DLC. Or did spainkiller's source say it'd be launch wii u?
Spainkiller's source claims only to have seen moving models of Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Chorus Kids. The Wii U/3DS connectivity method of unlocking was simply a guess on his source's part.

georly

Spainkiller's source claims only to have seen moving models of Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Chorus Kids. The Wii U/3DS connectivity method of unlocking was simply a guess on his source's part.

Then I stand by what I said. If the DLC Direct flat out denies DLC, then he's deconfirmed. Otherwise, I'd say 6+months of nothing.

Mario kart was roughly 5 months before they announced dlc, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom