• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

I'm just glad they actually mentioned snake in the video.
Assumed they wouldn't even bring him up.

That was just weird. They didn't have to bring him up by name at all, and I'd have expected there to be licensing issues with even a mention. It probably doesn't mean anything, though.

Caladrius

It's unfortunate that he couldn't be a regular fighter, but it's going to be fun to troll the fuck out of people with Ridley.

Happy Mewtwo's returning, and that confirms DLC so there's hope for at least 1 or 2 more fighters.

It's unfortunate that 8 player Smash and Special Smash are mutually exclusive, but I'll still play the piss out of both of them.

Raw64life

Best news for me was that everything they announced that wont be available at launch is either free for people who bought both versions or just straight up free. The way it should be.

Masked Man

I said wow
So much new info! Now to go in frame by frame and analyze the music and stage selection. :3

WELP. That was pretty epic!

Palutena's Guidance is easily one of the thing's I'm most hyped for, I'm not even going to lie. Kid Icarus Uprising conversations FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

I KNOW. I don't know what to do with myself. Palutena AND Viridi!!! <3

Guys. My wish. My dream. It's happening.

Congrats, man! :D

Jawmuncher

That was just weird. They didn't have to bring him up by name at all, and I'd have expected there to be licensing issues with even a mention. It probably doesn't mean anything, though.

Yeah i'm not going to get my hopes up at all.
But still it means a lot to me that they did that.
Since as you said they could have just mentioned the conversations without even bringing him up.

flohen95

Man, I can't wait for the conversations on Palutena's Temple. Also, the music. Easily my two most anticipated things about this game right now.

Cse

Banned
Am I the only one disappointed with the stages?

The new DK stage looked outstanding...until they showed us how the stage actually features two separate planes on which to fight.

And then you have Metal Face ruining Gaur Plains. And Ridley on Pyrosphere.

It just feels like each stage is a Mario Party minigame.

Ugh.

Then this changes everything.

The new DK stage looked outstanding...until they showed us how the stage actually features two separate planes on which to fight.

Ugh.
I love it. Chaos is the essence of Smash Bros.

Kinsei

Banned

Ugh.

Nope. Aside from the DK stage (and potentially the Wuhu Island stage) the ones revealed/expanded on in the Direct look terrible.

Jaeger

There is so much to talk about, but most of you know where I stood with Mewtwo. Sakurai actually listened to me! I tweeted him every other day for like 3 months straight, requesting Mewtwo.

giphy.gif

I am so happy right now.

Ugh.

Gaur Plains isn't viable as is, might as well mix it up

Pyrosphere though, sorta (but screw Ridley so LOLOLOL)

ridley's still playable in my heart

Really awesome stuff all around, Jungle Hyjinx and Mewtwo look sweet. Seeing how the whole 'connectivity' thing (sort of) came true, maybe Ridley was just a boss originally in the 3DS version hence the 'moving model' part? Gives hope for Dixie and Chorus Kids at least.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Ugh.

I know. Boss characters is easily the worst idea ever put into this series. They are just so uninteresting to fight, and get in the way of what you really want to be doing, which is fighting your friends.
Then this changes everything.

I love it. Chaos is the essence of Smash Bros.

Have you played the 3ds version? Boss characters are anti chaos with the way they make everything focus on them.

I highly doubt it. It wouldn't surprise me if Spainkiller's list is the planned character DLCs. Mewtwo is probably just the only "free" one from having both games.
Yeah starting to believe Spainkiller leak more. I still think may Ridley will be in, he did say 3DS models, but who knows.

So glad a new character was confirmed!

I guess I will admit WiiU version is superior overall 100% but I still prefer handhelds. :p

That new Master form is really something.

Miiverse stage will be cool.

8 Player Smash looks cool but no online is a bummer. So I'll never use it.

Smash Tour...looks really dumb. I don't think I'll like it but I thought the same of Run and quite enjoy that so who knows.

I'm not sure I understand Special Orders. So can't comment quite yet.

I like 75M so glad to see it come back.

Great Cave Offensive looks insane.

DKCR stage looks the most fun of today's new stages. Quite liked the look of it.

I can't comment on stage creator since I am just seeing bits on gamexplain since I can't live stream but it sounds much improved.

Did they say a deadline for registering WiiU game? I literally might only have $10 next month due to moving again. Don't think I can buy it at launch. :(

Edit: Also apparently Metal Face was shown? Didn't see that yet. Guess I lost.

I know. Boss characters is easily the worst idea ever put into this series. They are just so uninteresting to fight, and get in the way of what you really want to be doing, which is fighting your friends.
There are plenty of stages without them...

OT, but aren't ice climbers now the only melee character who won't be in? They've surely got to be DLC?

Wondering if the stage list is the final list. Saw a flying man on the board game(why have him there if Magicant isn't in?) and there seems to be a lot of extra room for more stages, would think that they would have said if stages could be unlocked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom