• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

Interested to see where / when they'll show the Duck Hunt Duo trailer. Would they really just drop it into the game with no fanfare?

That stage builder will be my pride and joy.

Agreed, the new stage builder looks amazing. I would have liked to be able to create break the targets stages with it as well, but the basic creation tools seem immeasurably improved from Brawl.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know, I always thought a 3D Land Stage based on the two-plane deal (an Airship level where you move between planes via pipes) would've been great for the 3DS Version.

Glad to see it's being realized here.

greenteaa

Neo Member
The direct... was amazing.
Dat 8-player mode.... dat stage builder....dem 1080p visuals....
gandalf-beautiful-gif.gif

Jawmuncher

Don't see Mewtwo adding anything to Spainkillers Leaker.
He's been the most requested veteran since his cut in brawl.
Even leading up to Smash 4 he was easily the most wanted returnee.
Makes sense to me to being him back as DLC and to be used as the freebie for owning both. Get that hype money.

Yup.

So, Spainkiller's ource mentioning 4 moving models. Let's see how that's going.

- Ridley: Boss
- Mewtwo: DLC
- Chorus Kids: ?
- Dixie Kong: ?

You know what that means, guys...

Nothing.
We already knew Ridley moved around from the earlier direct.
People just didn't know in what capacity (Playable or Boss)
Well most of us really knew.

Golnei

You know, I always thought a 3D Land Stage based on the two-plane deal (an Airship level where you move between planes via pipes) would've been great for the 3DS Version.

Glad to see it's being realized here.

It does look kind of fun - self-imposed chaos based on consistent elements always works out better than those forced by external, random factors like stage bosses. Though I'll never forgive Jungle Hijinx for murdering Sunset Shore.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
When they say 1080p, do they mean native? How is it possible to get 1080p/60 fps on Wii U with potentially 8 players, a lot of items and big stages, when fighting games like Killer Instinct on Xbone isnt even 1080p.

Watch Da Birdie

Um, guys, explain this?

MZffyfY.jpg

No no, don't pay attention to the text---the picture of the far left of the screen.

Why is Doc Louis there? He only appears on the Result Screen.

Yup.

So, Spainkiller's source mentioning 4 moving models. Let's see how that's going.

- Ridley: Boss
- Mewtwo: DLC
- Chorus Kids: ?
- Dixie Kong: ?

You know what that means, guys...

Yep, Spainkiller was likely very wrong. Mewtwo is apparently far from complete.

Azure J

Oh mannnnnn.

That Direct just came and literally added EVERY FUCKING IDEA I thought Smash 4 would coming from Brawl on Wii U.

Stage Builder with more parts and really robust options?
Foreground/Background fighting (holy SHIT this one is a big one for me)?
8 player Smash? (Another massive one)
Super Smash Party?
DLC CONFUCKINGFIRMED?

The best part is that I know at least 4 of those "50" points were speculated down to the letter in this thread in the last two days. On another note, so Ridley is like Super Saiyan Flying Man and he goes even further beyond when you kill him the first time... Incredible. :lol

Rayis

Everything talking about Mewtwo but no one talking about the infinitely more important fact of having Jigglypuff as a starter character, she finally gets the recognition she deserves!

Moonlight

Banned
Is there anyone else who's feeling good about Kalos League's viability? Nothing that I noticed seemed out of line or obtrusive. Only really concerning thing I see are the lava pillars, but I don't know how much that'll affect its' place in a competitive context.

in before it has the same properties as lava in great cave offensive and KOs you at 100%

Someone needs to post that stage select screen they showed off. I can't find it.

I know there's a Woolly World stage in there. The music was also there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everything talking about Mewtwo but no one talking about the infinitely more important fact of having Jigglypuff as a starter character, she finally gets the recognition she deserves!

I'm actually pissed. Fewer unlockable characters? No no no. More. Make you start with Mario and have to work at it. Complete target blast with everyone else to get the final one, J-puff.

Cse

Banned
Nope. Aside from the DK stage (and potentially the Wuhu Island stage) the ones revealed/expanded on in the Direct look terrible.

It's just a terrible selection. I mean, just look at this...

9ASXwtj.jpg

41 stages, one of which is Big Battlefied. So 40.

12 are returning stages (only welcomed returning stage is Onett, IMO).

That leaves just 28 new stages. A few more than Melee, and fewer new stages than Brawl - and most are quite terrible.

Really disappointed. Still holding out hope that the Kalo Pokemon League doesn't feature any interruptions from each trainer's Pokemon...

Grexeno

It's just a terrible selection. I mean, just look at this...

41 stages, one of which is Big Battlefied. So 40.

12 are returning stages (only welcomed returning stage is Onett, IMO).

That leaves just 28 new stages. A few more than Melee, and fewer new stages than Brawl - and they're all quite terrible.

Really disappointed. Still holding out hope that the Kalo Pokemon League doesn't feature any interruptions from each trainer's Pokemon...
Do you honestly think that's the full stage list?

Stages Revealed In The Direct
Mario Circuit (from MK8)
Wrecking Crew
The Great Cave Offensive
Wuhu Island
Yoshi's Wooly World
Miiverse Stage
Big Battlefield (for 8-Player Smash)
-
Jungle Hijinix (from DKCR)
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Yoshi’s Island (Melee)
Lylat Cruise (Brawl)
75m (Brawl)
Skyworld (Brawl)
Norfair(Brawl)
Port Town Aero Drive (Brawl)
Luigi’s Mansion (Brawl)
Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)

Jagsrock

Banned
So satisfied! So many great modes that can be enjoyed both solo and co-op. Huge amount of music, bigger stages, 8 player smash, tourney and communities, and then the mewtwo and drastically improved stage builder is just the icing on the cake.

Watch Da Birdie

I assume we have secret stages, right? Doubt they'd reveal all of them.

EDIT: Yeah, Pac-Land isn't on their, so it's one unlockable stage.

The entire smash 64 roster are now starting. We can no longer say that Jiggs has been unlock able in every single game, that little factoid is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom