• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy Pajama DLC so fast

images

DrStiles

Still, the attention is an issue. Tower of Smash got way more coverage than it ever should have, and it probably inspired people to crap out more fake leaks in the hope of getting noticed just like the ToS leaker.

Luigi with the blue outline is already in, through the team battles.

Just posted by Nintendo of America.

If NES Zapper = Duck Hunt
and Wii Fit Balance Board = Wii Fit Trainer
then DK Bongos = ?????

Bongos are DK's final smash

Hatchtag

Banned
I hate my computer so fucking much. Decides to update randomly and breaks the day of the fucking direct. Second time its done this too. God dammit.
Also, for whatever reason, most foreign nintendo twitch streams are on xbone, but not NOAs.

-Horizon-

I've always thought that was just Lucina in pretty dress for the soundtrack cover. Never thought it was pajamas :T

Mydadworksatnintendo.tumblr.com
You know, I keep hearing about that Smash world thing but never took the time to look through the past posts to figure out what it was. Might as well just bookmark that site lol.

I hate my computer so fucking much. Decides to update randomly and breaks the day of the fucking direct. Second time its done this too. God dammit.
Also, for whatever reason, most foreign nintendo twitch streams are on xbone, but not NOAs.
Good luck - hopefully you can watch it live.
I've always thought that was just Lucina in pretty dress for the soundtrack cover. Never thought it was pajamas :T
Hold on a second here - this was for the soundtrack cover?
She's covering her ears up!

I'm basing this off of nothing but her appearance in Smash, but Lucina doesn't strike me as the type of person to wear a spring dress and lay in flowers (and apparently likes shoving them in her ears?)

Good luck - hopefully you can watch it live.

Hold on a second here - this was for the soundtrack cover?

She's covering her ears up!

Yes. that;s the soundtrack cover. One of the best OST cover that I have :3

I'm basing this off of nothing but her appearance in Smash, but Lucina doesn't strike me as the type of person to wear a spring dress and lay in flowers (and apparently likes shoving them in her ears?)

The flowers are 'headphones' so she's listening to the glorious FE:A OST tracks :3

Do you really feel the need to post every single fake leak you see?
Yes.

Why not? They're fun, and this part of the hype cycle is nearly over for good. It's fun to see which leak no one believes invariably ends up being right.
this guy gets it.

@That NOA Pic: Dixie Kong Confirmed! SPAINKILLER IS REAL! Calling It!

Also: Holy shit at whoever posted all those pictures. I had to disable photos again. Be kind to my poor iPad 1. :(

I'm so excited for the Direct. I was going to buy it anyway, but we can finally see what USP's the Wii U version will have and what we'll see that'll hype us up for it since we already know the secret characters, though I am excited to see their reveal trailers.

We also better see what the hush hush about Ridley has been for since we still haven't seen him in any screenshots. I would still lean towards the prospect of playable bosses for a 5th player using the gamepad, which others have also suggested. I just want closure because at this point I'm just as antsy as Ridley fans to find out what the big deal is.

I would expect there'll be some talk of Amiibo at some point, trying to explain why we should be buying these £10 models and how we absolutely won't be using them once and never bothering to use them again. Blegh.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I imagine we'll probably have a hefty site update as well shedding some additional details on some of the things covered.

flohen95

I regret not getting it :(

Its no longer in print right?

I guess not, considering the cheapest price on eBay right now is 423$ incl. shipping (there's only one listing for it) while it was ~70$ on eBay around the time it came out (which was still overpriced, of course).

Edit: Or was it 70€? I can't remember right now, but it might have been that, considering that's what I normally look for.

Cse

Banned
35 minutes is a standard Direct length. I was honestly expecting 10 minutes or so.

Yeah, but with the "50 brand new things for the Wii U" line that Nintendo has been championing, I just expected it to be longer.

It makes me feel as though most of those 50 new things are going to be incredibly minor, such as song tracks, assist trophies, and alt costumes.

Yeah, but with the "50 brand new things for the Wii U" line that Nintendo has been championing, I just expected it to be longer.

It makes me feel as though most of those 50 new things are going to be incredibly minor, such as song tracks, assist trophies, and alt costumes.

Hell yeah, let's do this!

emb

Half of it will be Sakurai tap dancing over Ridley's grave.
Possibly one of the more accurate predictions. He'll show off Ridley as a boss, Other M version and all, and talk about it like he's so proud of the team and we should be impressed. Nevermind that Ridley's not a playable character, he's also going to ruin Pyrosphere as a stage.

I wish we'd get a surprise Ridley Amiibo, but then I remember it would be M:OM Ridley. :\ Anyway, I do think we'll hear bunches about Amiibos.

At 35 minutes and 50 facts, the pace should be pretty brisk. Big chunks of facts will probably be quick lists or collections discussed as one thing.

Golnei

Out of everything from the announcer data mined from 3DS, what are you most excited to see revealed tonight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaS492JXgg

Me? 8 Player smash.

We know almost nothing about Smash World other than the board game thing, so that's the biggest unknown at the moment. We can hope 8-player Smash and the Stage Builder are functional, but we have much clearer idea of what they would entail compared to it.

Caladrius

Possibly one of the more accurate predictions. He'll show off Ridley as a boss, Other M version and all, and talk about it like he's so proud of the team and we should be impressed. Nevermind that Ridley's not a playable character, he's also going to ruin Pyrosphere as a stage.

I wish we'd get a surprise Ridley Amiibo, but then I remember it would be M:OM Ridley. :\ Anyway, I do think we'll hear bunches about Amiibos.

At 35 minutes and 50 facts, the pace should be pretty brisk. Big chunks of facts will probably be quick lists or collections discussed as one thing.

This is almost exactly what's going to happen.

Out of everything data mined from the announcer on 3DS, what are you most excited to see revealed tonight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaS492JXgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEC8m-ckNfI

Me? 8 Player smash.

I get aroused at the though of being septuple-teamed.

Mikuthumbsup.gif

Huzzah!

This is truly the tragedy of Ridley summed up in a paragraph. Not only is he probably not playable, but he'll also use his worst design and ruin a perfectly fine level that didn't need him there.

damn it >_>

georly

We know almost nothing about Smash World other than the board game thing, so that's the biggest unknown at the moment. We can hope 8-player Smash and the Stage Builder are functional, but we have much clearer idea of what they would entail compared to it.

Sure, we know WHAT 8 player smash is, but to hear it confirmed and not be some cut mode would be amazing for me, since I have 6 people in my house. This also means you can finally have 4 teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom