• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
"DHD STOLE OUR SLOTS!"
duck-hunt-dog-o.gif

Oh yeah, what was the music that played in Shulk's trailer, the one after Gaur Plain but before Know Our Names
A remix of "Gaur Plain" with a little bit of "Mechanical Rhythm" tossed in just before the transition.

Personally not a huge fan of it, but since the original's in the game anyway, it doesn't really hurt anything.

Picture is up

daily-en.jpg
You are aware this image in your post is going to be completely different tomorrow, right? You shouldn't link directly to daily-en.jpg, it's too ephemeral.

So instead, we archive it elsewhere, seeing as that clean version without the "3DS" watermark in the corner goes away roughly 24 hours later. Like so:
daily-en_20140918_qfll0.jpg
daily-jp_20140918_xdxom.jpg

So the same place where a guy said the worst thing to happen on September 11th was Mewtwo getting deconfirmed?
This is rich, coming from a member of the site where a Japanese expert loudly proclaimed Square Enix to have shot themselves in the foot. Where somebody claimed Super Mario Sunshine was made to riff off GTA3. Where somebody asserted the Kongs were Nintendo's best black characters (what).

Reducing every member of a website to the very worst of that website does nobody any favors.

Son Of D

This is rich, coming from a member of the site where a Japanese expert loudly proclaimed Square Enix to have shot themselves in the foot. Where somebody claimed Super Mario Sunshine was made to riff off GTA3. Where somebody asserted the Kongs were Nintendo's best black characters (what).

Reducing every member of a website to the very worst of that website does nobody any favors.

Not to mention the time where someone told another user that their parents wouldn't care if they died because they disagreed with each other over a game.

I can't seem to find that post though, but I do remember it.

A remix of "Gaur Plain" with a little bit of "Mechanical Rhythm" tossed in just before the transition.

Personally not a huge fan of it, but since the original's in the game anyway, it doesn't really hurt anything.

You are aware this image in your post is going to be completely different tomorrow, right? You shouldn't link directly to daily-en.jpg, it's too ephemeral.

So instead, we archive it elsewhere, seeing as that clean version without the "3DS" watermark in the corner goes away roughly 24 hours later. Like so:
daily-en_20140918_qfll0.jpg
daily-jp_20140918_xdxom.jpg

None of those things are even close to as ridiculous as the thing I was talking about.

anastazius

Neo Member
Just noticed that the official Gamecube controllers are listed on Amazon, in Red Mario, White Yoshi and Pink Peach flavours.

gcnctr2.jpg

Release date 14th November, which is a Friday when games are released in the UK. Fingers crossed that could be the release date for the game too.

zroid

Banned
Just noticed that the official Gamecube controllers are listed on Amazon, in Red Mario, White Yoshi and Pink Peach flavours.

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2014/June/gcnctr2.jpg[IMG]

Release date 14th November, which is a Friday when games are released in the UK. Fingers crossed that could be the release date for the game too.[/QUOTE]

Common mistake, but these are neither official, nor are they Gamecube controllers. They're third party licensed classic controllers modeled to look like GC pads. :p

Revven

Slightly off-topic (but not really, still Smash related) but The Big House 4 is closing in on 500 entrants for Melee and 300 for Project M with only 2 days left to sign up

Pretty crazy when you consider the fact that it's the same weekend as Smash 4 3DS is launching and it's a Midwest tournament which hasn't seen anything this big.... in ever? I think?

Anyway, I felt like sharing it. I think Hungrybox, M2K, Armada, and Mango will all be there (no PPMD confirmation). Going to be a crazy tournament weekend.

Edit: Oh shit, Darkrain is confirmed too! OMG.

Kensho

the fact that people like Lucina more than Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer and Palutena makes me very sad.

I guess people don't really care about new gameplay and will complain about clones only if they didn't love the characters already.

Daouzin

Slightly off-topic (but not really, still Smash related) but The Big House 4 is closing in on 500 entrants for Melee and 300 for Project M with only 2 days left to sign up

Pretty crazy when you consider the fact that it's the same weekend as Smash 4 3DS is launching and it's a Midwest tournament which hasn't seen anything this big.... in ever? I think?

Anyway, I felt like sharing it. I think Hungrybox, M2K, Armada, and Mango will all be there (no PPMD confirmation). Going to be a crazy tournament weekend.

Edit: Oh shit, Darkrain is confirmed too! OMG.

Yeah, that tournament should be ridiculously awesome. I'll probably be playing Smash 4 while I watch it.

Platy

Just saw an image "Super Smash Sisters" and .... that reminded me something...

Why that image and the smashgaf "tornament" didn't had Greeninja, Charizard and Lucario ?

They don't have sexual dimorphism, so theoricaly they could very well be girls, since their alternate colors don't have any hat or anything boysh OR girly

emb

Just saw an image "Super Smash Sisters" and .... that reminded me something...

Why that image and the smashgaf "tornament" didn't had Greeninja, Charizard and Lucario ?

They don't have sexual dimorphism, so theoricaly they could very well be girls, since their alternate colors don't have any hat or anything boysh OR girly
This was talked about at the time... I think, because of gender ratios, (maybe voices?), and nothing else that indicates one way or the other, they're assumed male.

the fact that people like Lucina more than Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer and Palutena makes me very sad.

I guess people don't really care about new gameplay and will complain about clones only if they didn't love the characters already.

People also dislike Lucina more than those 3, so...

Platy

This was talked about at the time... I think, because of gender ratios, (maybe voices?), and nothing else that indicates one way or the other, they're assumed male.

So what is the answer to Duck Hunt Dog ?

....dogs have a bizarre gender ratio ? =P

gcnctr2.jpg

Release date 14th November, which is a Friday when games are released in the UK. Fingers crossed that could be the release date for the game too.

Keep in mind those aren't the ones Nintendo is releasing, and instead are third-party that plug into Wiimotes.

SoldnerKei

...sounds like a win to me :D

it's a win for all of us~

greatest inducer of eye cancer, maybe...

you don't understand art!

Keep in mind those aren't the ones Nintendo is releasing, and instead are third-party that plug into Wiimotes.

and this is why I think I'll get one of those white controllers they sell on play-asia, as good as third-party can be, going with the original is better, plus Nintendo logo in the middle!

Welcome to Smash, a fanservice game that attracts fans from all over.

Fiktion

Banned

Awakening was a popular game.

Awakening was a popular game.
Kid Icarus Uprising was as well. Which makes Dark Pit's ranking all the funnier.

And honestly, I'm fine with the Dark Pit hate. It's excessive, but a character being a flat palette swap of another does come across as uncharacteristically cheap of Smash Bros.

tumblr_nc0vryeeTs1r206k2o1_400.png

tumblr_nc0vryeeTs1r206k2o2_500.png

It is Graph Week, after all.
In this poll he's even more hated, and rightly so. Literal recolor, already playable in Brawl.
...Actually, that makes me want a silhouette alt for WFT. HFT's version can even be blue, to call back to the newcomer that should have been.

246288-nintendo-wii.jpg
WiiMote Safety Man! I'm so mad he's not in - I'll probably boycott the game as a statement.
Just look at the smug jerk face. Wouldn't be surprised if he stole Ice Climbers' smash invitation D:<
While I know clones didn't take development time away from other characters, I like to imagine that Dark Pit flew down from the heavens and killed the Ice Climbers and took their invitation.
Relevant Blake quote: "Dark Pit probably shops at Hot Topic and makes Ninja stars in the back of the class. Don't play as him. He is garbage "

KHlover

Banned
And people complained about too few villains in SSB4 before Dark Pit's inclusion :p

Hated by over 40% of the fanbase....you could think he kicks kittens and puppies IRL.

He isn't the villain SSB4 needed, but he is the villain we all deserve for flaming about pretty much every development decision Sakurai made.

"You want a villain? Here's the laziest clone I ever made. Fuck off!"
Sakurai: laughs

And people complained about too few villains in SSB4 before Dark Pit's inclusion :p

Hated by over 40% of the fanbase....you could think he kicks kittens and puppies IRL.

He isn't the villain SSB4 needed, but he is the villain we all deserve for flaming about pretty much every development decision Sakurai made.

"You want a villain? Here's the laziest clone I ever made. Fuck off!"
Sakurai: laughs

Dark Pit isn't really a villain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom