• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Stardust Delta (Vita) |OT| How to Refine Perfection

If you enjoyed the PS3 version, I'd say it was a no-brainer. I think the Vita version is possibly even better than the PS3 version.

Easy for me to say though, it ain't my money.

K, just bought ^_^

From the demo I was most happy it was simplified to 2 weapons now; I didn't like it being 3 on the PS3 version.

BurningNad

lol, wat?

6840182692_5f51b4874a_b.jpg

SmokyDave

K, just bought ^_^

From the demo I was most happy it was simplified to 2 weapons now; I didn't like it being 3 on the PS3 version.

Yeah, I really like that change too. The enemies seem more 'polarised' in this one so changing to the correct weapon is important.

Possibly my favourite Vita title so far.

Dingotech

I need help with a trophy.

I'm trying to get "The Tokenizer", it's my last trophy for the base game.

All the trophy guides I've read indicate to play the first level of arcade and earn the first large bonus green asteroid, then sit right next to it and use L1 to boost through it.

I've done this 4 times at least and zero trophy's as a result, I've also tried blasting the bonus asteroid then trying to line up the tokens and boosting through them.

Nothing is working... :(

Agent X

All the trophy guides I've read indicate to play the first level of arcade and earn the first large bonus green asteroid, then sit right next to it and use L1 to boost through it.

I've done this 4 times at least and zero trophy's as a result, I've also tried blasting the bonus asteroid then trying to line up the tokens and boosting through them.

That's exactly the method I used to get the trophy. It's the same strategy that worked on the PS3 Super Stardust HD.

When the big green asteroid appears, navigate as close to it as possible without touching it. Then, try to boost through the center of the asteroid.

If you didn't get the trophy, then that means that you didn't get at least 15 tokens in one boost. You'll have to try it again later. Admittedly, it took a few tries for me to successfully get this trophy.

Dingotech

That's exactly the method I used to get the trophy. It's the same strategy that worked on the PS3 Super Stardust HD.

When the big green asteroid appears, navigate as close to it as possible without touching it. Then, try to boost through the center of the asteroid.

If you didn't get the trophy, then that means that you didn't get at least 15 powerups in one boost. You'll have to try it again later. Admittedly, it took a few tries for me to successfully get this trophy.

Sigh ok thanks, try and try again I shall!

EDIT - 5 more tries was the charm!! So random. :p

BurningNad

Just finished an endless game. Got a new score: 27,750,750.

I did that just for you, BurningNad ;)

Baaaah! I haven't been able to play much the last couple of days, only getting in a few runs that broke 15 mil, but I'm staying up late tonight and owning. Screw Arkham City for now. :x

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm loving this game so far. Extremely addicting, and fits the bill of the "just one more time/try" software.

Like many others, I was taken aback by the elimination of the green cannon, and for a split second my mind went "WATERED DOWN," but after playing a while and experiencing enemy waves and behavior, I thought it was justified. Plus they've added two new specials which balances the arsenal way better than a neutral weapon.

But I have to say the controls sucked until I disabled the gyro cam and remapped the black hole and missiles to buttons.

A couple of questions though:
- Purple enemies are trumped by... boost?
- And black/desaturated enemies by... just shooting anything?

test_account

XP-39C²

I see that you have already managed to do this, but one way to get it easier is to not destroy the green astroid once it appears. Instead, wait for some other astroids to appear, shoot them and get some point tokens. Get these point tokens next to the green astroid and boost through them. This way you get i.e 5 point tokens before hitting the green astroid.

I'm loving this game so far. Extremely addicting, and fits the bill of the "just one more time/try" software.

Like many others, I was taken aback by the elimination of the green cannon, and for a split second my mind went "WATERED DOWN," but after playing a while and experiencing enemy waves and behavior, I thought it was justified. Plus they've added two new specials which balances the arsenal way better than a neutral weapon.

But I have to say the controls sucked until I disabled the gyro cam and remapped the black hole and missiles to buttons.

A couple of questions though:
- Purple enemies are trumped by... boost?
- And black/desaturated enemies by... just shooting anything?
Purple enemies are best taken out with gold melter, especially those small purple ufo things that shoots. With black enemies it doesnt seem to be any advantage of which weapon you use, at least after my experience. Every enemy are equally damaged by boosting, they die after one boost hit regardless (except for the bosses of course, and those enemies who have shield in front of them though, but if you boost from behind them, then they die after one hit).

Boost is equally lethal to everything. Everything dies from one hit. It's particularly useful against the enemies with a shield, though.

And yeah, the colorless enemies don't have any weakness as far as I can tell. Nasty things.

test_account

XP-39C²
No idea, but I appreciate it because you don't get distracting "Dude X is online" messages.

Updating scores takes forever, though.
Same here. I didnt think about this before a few days ago actually, that it could interfere big time with the game if those messages pops up on the screen, and this is why the developers probably disabled network connection indeed.

hayejin

Does the endless game still have bosses? As much as I love star dust I always hated the dumb boss designs and battles.

What are some great tips? Even finishing a planet it seems people blow me out of the water. I must not understand how the multiplier works.

ss_lemonade

Is endless mode only found in the Blast Pack? I can't find it on my copy, but I haven't purchased the dlc add on yet.

Also, am I the only one with fucked up gyro camera controls? I swear there's something wrong with it. Whenever I try the orbit bomber mini game and tilt the vita left or right, the camera only slightly moves, and a lot of times even moves to the opposite direction

Cannot wait to get the blast pack now, the touch/tilt modes are pretty lame IMO. I liked pretty much all the extra modes from SSDHD, I hope most of them made the transition.

Oh, and the Tron Legacy OST goes great with this game.

test_account

XP-39C²
What are some great tips? Even finishing a planet it seems people blow me out of the water. I must not understand how the multiplier works.
You must boost through the point tokens, try to get as many as you can in each boost. And also just be quick taking out the astroids and enemies.

BurningNad

After two days of horrible attempts and many many deaths at less than 10k points, I finally managed to beat Hispanicguy's endless score... but my soul was crushed when I died at about 1.7 mil under slaughterbaron :(

Taking a break for now, my nerves are shot. Then I'm coming for you. :p

After two days of horrible attempts and many many deaths at less than 10k points, I finally managed to beat Hispanicguy's endless score... but my soul was crushed when I died at about 1.7 mil under slaughterbaron :(

Taking a break for now, my nerves are shot. Then I'm coming for you. :p

I hate to break it to you but the leaderboards haven't updated yet for some reason and my highest score at the moment is 28,357,800 lol. Got that score yesterday. Does it really take that long to update? Jeez. The only negative thing about this game.

2012-03-18-132420.jpg

EDIT: Ok..looks like the score has been updated. All is well now, lol.

Am I missing something or are Casual/Normal/Delta controls/Pure controls all lumped in the same leaderboards?

Yup, they are. Doesn't make sense.

I'm looking at my high scores and I've noticed no one has played "hardcore" yet (besides me). I think it's pretty fun. Probably 2nd on my list of favorite modes.

Love that it loops to a harder difficulty after beating it. I've made it to the 3rd loop but died quickly. 1st place on that mode is crazy. Can't tell you how many loops that guy made it through. What's also cool is that each loop has it's own name. Hardcore > Professional > Elite...

I bought the game on launch, and I absolutely love it. Is the DLC really worth another $5?

Endless mode sounds great, but is there anything else to justify paying 50% of the retail price of the game just for some additions?

BurningNad

I hate to break it to you but the leaderboards haven't updated yet for some reason and my highest score at the moment is 28,357,800 lol. Got that score yesterday. Does it really take that long to update? Jeez. The only negative thing about this game.

Lol. God damnit.

Maybe you didn't connect to PSN after you got that score? Usually I get a leaderboard entry, connect, play a game and it'll be updated afterwards.

Hardcore looping back is exactly why I don't play it. The PS3 version had a similar mode and one session could go on for hours, which is not something I'm particularly interested in. I actually haven't played any mode seriously besides Endless. I played everything to get the trophies, but then I went back to Endless immediately. :p

test_account

XP-39C²
It takes about 5 minutes before the score gets registered to the leaderboard. I timed it earlier tonight =)

Hardcore looping back is exactly why I don't play it. The PS3 version had a similar mode and one session could go on for hours, which is not something I'm particularly interested in. I actually haven't played any mode seriously besides Endless. I played everything to get the trophies, but then I went back to Endless immediately. :p
Hardcore mode doesnt take as long as the PS3 version since you start on hard. On the PS3 version you start on normal. If one is a good Stardust player, i'd say that one hardcore session takes about ~1.5 hours plus minus.

tch

Wow. LAte Boomer was NOTHING compared to the PS3 version...... Got it on my first try. Kinda disappointed actually

keenest

I'm loving the Endless mode, but I'm still struggling to really get to grips playing it.

So far the best score I've managed is 8813750.

PSN: keenest-us

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm loving the Endless mode, but I'm still struggling to really get to grips playing it.

So far the best score I've managed is 8813750.

PSN: keenest-us
That's your Endless mode score? Sorry, I won't add you until I beat it. lol.

I always die with soo many bombs left. I reached 17 million yesterday and had 14 bombs left. Then I bumped into a little asteroid. Very frustrating. :I

Salaadin

You know what sucks? Getting farther in Arcade than you ever have before, starting the level with 9 lives, and then watching as you fuck up over and over again only to blow it at the boss. I was so sad :(
Final score was 34,000,000 and my highest yet.

I dont know how you guys do so well on those Bomber runs. I struggle just to hit 1 mil. 29 mil? I can safely say that is impossible for me.

I'll add you guys in a few.

SSD is my most played Vita game. Should be around 17 hours now with no end in sight.

During some Endless rounds, I have to take a short break because of how nervous I get lol.

Shields are your best friend. I get so pissed when I lose it because of something stupid.

Weapon overdrive is another lifesaver. When I get that, I switch to ice because that spread destroys everything so quickly.

EDIT:
superstardust.jpg

I was able to get a video of this score:
http://youtu.be/If43JNHdtAA?hd=1

Sorry for the quality. All I have is an iPad 2 for my recording needs. Shit got CRAZY towards the end. No bombs left. Praying for my boost to recover, lol.

danno1769

Neo Member
Love this game.

Have an extra voucher if someone wants it cheaper than 10 bucks (is that coshier?)

Bought the game before I realized they were giving it away as the free game on the 3g model =(

Top Bottom