• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

vulva

USD said:
Not that I know of. I think you might be able to register on niconico.com (English beta version) and use that for the Japanese site though. I can use the same log-in for both at least. The English site is weird though, doesn't have the all the same content.

Either way, it's not to hard to register, you can google it and find directions.

EDIT: Tokido playing now.
yeah I'm just in class right now so I didn't want to make any real effort, but just reg'd anyways. It's not like it's hard to figure out. I'm just lazy ;(

hayejin

I have a question to those Shoto players who do shoryuken and immediately cancel out using FADC.

Never mind the fact I still have hard time pulling it off but I can't fathom how you can notice shoryuken was blocked and immediately do FADC to recover in less than a micro second. I mean how fast do some of your brains work to pull off such things. I mean by the time my brain notices my shoryuken was blocked Ryu is already flying and coming down from top of the screen.

Some characters have 2 hits to verify the DP is landing, like Seth and Ken. Akuma has 3. Cut your teeth on them. Honestly, I just waste the meter because I can't tell either way.

Nyoro SF

hayejin said:
I have a question to those Shoto players who do shoryuken and immediately cancel out using FADC.

Never mind the fact I still have hard time pulling it off but I can't fathom how you can notice shoryuken was blocked and immediately do FADC to recover in less than a micro second. I mean how fast do some of your brains work to pull off such things. I mean by the time my brain notices my shoryuken was blocked Ryu is already flying and coming down from top of the screen.

People who FADC do so whether their Shoryuken is blocked or not. They're not FADCing on reaction to it being blocked.

If it hits, it's good for them because most characters can follow up an FADC with another juggle move for more damage.

If it's blocked, then the FADC gets you to safety. In other words, FADC is never a bad decision, which is why people do it automatically. It's a gamble with two safe exits.

Nyoro SF said:
People who FADC do so whether their Shoryuken is blocked or not. They're not FADCing on reaction to it being blocked.

If it hits, it's good for them because most characters can follow up an FADC with another juggle move for more damage.

If it's blocked, then the FADC gets you to safety. In other words, FADC is never a bad decision, which is why people do it automatically. It's a gamble with two safe exits.
Not safe against Zangief ultra1 though.

Well characters with multi hit DP's can confirm the DP before deciding to FADC. For example I do this a lot with Seth. I may just throw out DP's randomly, but not unsafely. If he hits once then I know I landed it. If he does the 2nd hit while still grounded, that means my opponent blocked it. Akuma players especially have no excuse for burning meter if they just want to throw out a DP, if you can't confirm in 3 hits then you really do have no reactions.

As for how safe it is. Most opponents aren't ready to do anything besides mash tech after a DP FADC. That's why I'm almost always getting away with DP, FADC, SPD with Seth on block. And I do it often against grapplers as well and have only gotten counter grabbed a few times from what I can remember.

Nyoro SF

rivals said:
Not in 2012, he's -1 like the shotos IIRC.

Usually when I discuss move properties I refer to what game is being played now, but I think that if the shotos dash backwards after an FADC then they are outside of Zangief's Ultra 1 range.

rivals

Nyoro SF said:
Usually when I discuss move properties I refer to what game is being played now, but I think that if the shotos dash backwards after an FADC then they are outside of Zangief's Ultra 1 range.

Obviously, I was just adding that in there for note. And because I'm crying on the inside.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
USD said:
...yungkqj.gif
Haha, the universal Yun pick reaction.

Also, when Mike did the Honda belly "NO!" against him at the end of that second round, I was in stitches...

When you don't have access to your PS3 or 360, and your PC internet connection is garbage, you really appreciate like Excellent Adventures on a Tuesday morning :)

Kadey said:
Beating up on a Bison after randomly picking Yun. Used him for first time. His combos are pretty easy and I was using the ultra combos after no time. Booooooooring!

lol not surprised at that outcome sadly.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Nyoro SF said:

Just because DP FADC is relatively safe it doesn't mean it's never a bad decision.

zlatko

Banned
B-Genius said:
Haha, the universal Yun pick reaction.

Also, when Mike did the Honda belly "NO!" against him at the end of that second round, I was in stitches...

When you don't have access to your PS3 or 360, and your PC internet connection is garbage, you really appreciate like Excellent Adventures on a Tuesday morning :)

ARE YOU FROM THE FUTURE, FUTURE MAN?!

Tobe

hi guys sry i dont post that much on the sfiv thread
hate the game

so i have this friend who wants to know/understand if xbox is better at running sfiv in comparison to the ps3. i know that there where some differences with the frame rate or something like that, is there any source i can quote or something?

SmokeMaxX

Nyoro SF said:

As much as I'm not a fan of dp -> fadc, there's so much wrong with this post. If I'm pressuring you on wakeup and I backdash while you DP (thinking you can FADC it), you're eating Ultra.
DP -> FADC is always unsafe to Chun super. I think it's like -10 if you fadc backdash.

Nyoro SF

Lost Fragment said:
Just because DP FADC is relatively safe it doesn't mean it's never a bad decision.

I mean there's no real punish (except for some extreme examples) against someone who FADCs their shoryukens properly... if you want to talk to him about the deeper strategy behind conserving meter then go ahead and advise.

SmokeMaxX said:
As much as I'm not a fan of dp -> fadc, there's so much wrong with this post. If I'm pressuring you on wakeup and I backdash while you DP (thinking you can FADC it), you're eating Ultra.
DP -> FADC is always unsafe to Chun super. I think it's like -10 if you fadc backdash.

Doing that strategy makes the opponent unable to FADC at all. Therefore FADC'ing doesn't even factor in. Even if you think your DP is going to hit or not, it's better to try to FADC it if you can (trying to reverse momentum in the round or buy time to reduce your stun level). An option select with the Focus Attack buttons, if you will.

A better thing to say would be "don't DP every time, wake up with a backdash or just block."

rivals said:
Obviously, I was just adding that in there for note. And because I'm crying on the inside.

LOL... what is Yang's frame data after his dragon kick FADC?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
zlatko said:
ARE YOU FROM THE FUTURE, FUTURE MAN?!
Yes. Don't worry, I can tell you with very little element of doubt that the sun will rise tomorrow.

You might say that I reside in... the land of the rising sun.

Tobe1 said:
hi guys sry i dont post that much on the sfiv thread
hate the game

so i have this friend who wants to know/understand if xbox is better at running sfiv in comparison to the ps3. i know that there where some differences with the frame rate or something like that, is there any source i can quote or something?
Input lag on ps3 is like 1-3 frame more than 360.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yW3CQ_5FE&feature=player_embedded

rivals

Nyoro SF said:
LOL... what is Yang's frame data after his dragon kick FADC?

I think you misunderstood my post. I was joking that I was crying inside because of the nerf. I don't play Yang so I don't know much about his frame data on that, though I guess I'd be curious. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same/better than Fei's but I really have no clue.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just beat the #4 Cammy on xbl without too much effort and without having played a good cammy in a long time. Kak is way better.

I'm sure this guy is miles ahead of Findmyfarm though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
And then I lose to the worst Sagat on XBL.

I think my PP would be a lot higher if I didn't play while drunk.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Welp, I lost 400pp tonight cause I'm drunk. Good shit Steel Reserve 211 8.1% alcohol. Good fuckin shit.

edit: my new goal in life is to fuck an at least semi-hot furry girl. Like a 6.5-7 with a nice body. This is what is good in life.

Top Bottom