• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
I think I'm preparing for a massive grinding streak. I really need to get over this beginning hump and get the basics of the game down.

Does half an hour warmup of trying to pull off 10-25-50 special attacks in a row sound good? I still can't execute in a match when I know there's time. There's been plenty of times when I've seen a whiffed ultra and I know I can bust out my own ultra and punish, but it just doesn't come out and I do something stupid like an EX Hadoken or SRK instead because my hand is all flustered.
Yup, that is a great way to get muscle memory to kick in quicker. When I was learning to do instant air teleports and b+mk xx flame xx super combos with Sim, I would spend a good 20 or 30 minutes in training mode before I'd go online each time I'd play. I'd do each thing 10 times in a row on the left side, then 10 times in a row on the right side. Then I'd finish by not leaving training mode until I could do them 10 times in a row on each side without messing any up. It's a grind and less fun than playing matches for sure, but it doesn't take long at all before you start getting the timing down better and better.

LProtag

I haven't even begun to learn combos or cancelling, haha. I think that'll be my next step once I can play a match reasonably execute any move I want to when I need to.

LProtag

cackhyena said:
So what, I'm fucked? Both seem to have better prices than Verizon...so, I guess that's a plus.

AT&T is terrible unless you can get U-Verse, just saying. I just upgraded from their regular mid-tier to top-tier DSL and while I get faster download speeds, youtube videos now load slow as hell. It's bizarre.

InsertNameHere said:
AT&T is terrible unless you can get U-Verse, just saying. I just upgraded from their regular mid-tier to top-tier DSL and while I get faster download speeds, youtube videos now load slow as hell. It's bizarre.

I have found its more location than anything, and getting lucky enough not to get stuck with their 2wire crap. Mine has always worked fine, but its hit or miss with other people.

Vice

cackhyena said:
Anyone use cable for high speed? Might be moving and the two options ( while having a nice bump in speed ) are At&T and Charter. Just wondering.

I switched from AT&T to cable a few months ago. Cable blows AT&T out of the water and I had their highest speed for DSL.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Vice said:
I switched from AT&T to cable a few months ago. Cable blows AT&T out of the water and I had their highest speed for DSL.

Cable is better but seriously at 20 or 40 megs who cares... For fighting games you will never see any difference and for other stuff it just means your monthly quota will come that much sooner. Personally happy with 7 mb don't need anything more!

cackhyena

Charter is offering 12 mb down for a good price in that area. I figure even at peak user times, I'm not going to notice a difference, really. Just wondering if the tech support is ass. I've heard stories about both these companies, but I'm sure it varies, area to area.

zlatko

Banned
cackhyena said:
Charter is offering 12 mb down for a good price in that area. I figure even at peak user times, I'm not going to notice a difference, really. Just wondering if the tech support is ass. I've heard stories about both these companies, but I'm sure it varies, area to area.

I have Charter and DO NOT GET IT!

It's horrible service. Their service people had to come out to my place twice for the same issue to fix why I wasn't able to use the net for more than 10 seconds, and was unable to use my phone at all.

To add to that it's a 100% lie what you get what you are paying for. I'm paying for 16mbs, and I've noticed lately that's only 1 day out of the week. Often it says 7-10, and the other day it was .54mbs for about 7 hours. I mean shit if I wanted to pay for dial up I'd go with Net Zero.

It's dildos. If you google them up you'll see 99% of the customer reviews for them are junk. They also try to scam people who try to cancel to force them to pay or else they ruin your credit and other crazy crap.

The way they get customers is because they basically run a monopoly in smaller towns/areas. They on paper say they will give you the most mbs at the lowest price, and when their competitors are just 5mbs for way more, then who is going to say no ?

Go with AT&T. It can't possibly be as bad as Charter.

LProtag

cackhyena said:
2 wire? And why would a bundle be better then just internet alone?

I meant the U-Verse internet. The regular DSL caps out at 6mpbs/.6mbps d/u. Can you get it without a package? I have no idea. We can't get it here.

cackhyena

InsertNameHere said:
I meant the U-Verse internet. The regular DSL caps out at 6mpbs/.6mbps d/u. Can you get it without a package? I have no idea. We can't get it here.
Yeah, there's an option to do it without anything else.

Timedog said:
If it's that lperu guy who got 2nd place in EVO online, he's not that good.

It wasn't him. It was some somethingsomethingmario GT, forgot what his GT actually was...I'm sure I can look on the leaderboards list and get the GT, but I'm too lazy to turn on the XBawkz.

Edit: GT is nightmarishhero

Vice said:

I went from Time Warner Cable to AT&T U-verse and don't even notice a difference. AT&T seems more stable from what I can tell since I had it. I get the same dl/ul speed for the same price as well.

Nabs

GuiltybyAssociation said:
GGs to AE PC crew tonight. Don't know who all is who on GAF, or if any of them will even see this, but I know Nabs was there, throwing my ass every five seconds lawl.
ggs. I was so tired, but I wouldn't allow myself to quit the lobby. I loved that we were able to play north east > cali with no noticeable lag issues.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
IPeru? Not that good?

WMwEp.jpg

tigerin

Timedog said:
j.hp, cr.mp, cr.hp, hp dragon punch

the second combo with the metsu hadouken was pretty easy for me. but this one is pretty tricky. i pulled hadouken or the super meter hadoken most of the time. what is the trick to pulling off a successful shoryuken in a combo? my friend told me doing it diagonally will do the trick. i can do shoryuken on its own just fine, it just harder at the end of the combo for some reason.

LProtag

cackhyena said:
Yeah, there's an option to do it without anything else.

If you can do that I guess go with AT&T and a decent speed for U-Verse. I'd be happy if I could get U-Verse honestly (they can get it down the road on my street but it doesn't extend to my house, sucks).

Edgeward

tigerin said:
the second combo with the metsu hadouken was pretty easy for me. but this one is pretty tricky. i pulled hadouken or the super meter hadoken most of the time. what is the trick to pulling off a successful shoryuken in a combo? my friend told me doing it diagonally will do the trick. i can do shoryuken on its own just fine, it just harder at the end of the combo for some reason.

hold down forward when doing cr HP then to cancel into DP just wiggle the stick so you get DF, D, DF. That's the DP shortcut.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
tigerin said:

I thought this would be way harder, but if you can get this down you'll be most of where you need to be combo-wise. You have to input the dragon punch pretty fast, but if you do it TOO fast, it won't come out.

Start out by practicing the cr.hp xx srk by itself. get this down really good. Then move on adding a cr.mp at the beginning. If it's impossible to do the srk at this point, you probably want to revisit cr.hp xx dragon punch some more. After you finally get the cr.mp at the beginning, adding the j.hp will be trivial.

If you're getting super combo you're not ending your motion at the down-forward diagonal. Make sure you stop at the down-forward diagonal and don't do a circular motion that goes all the way to forward at the end. If you don't hit forward, no super will come out. Same with regular fireball.

So when you practice cr.hp xx dragon punch, make sure you are ending the motion in the diagonal. If you can feel yourself not doing this, even if fireball and super aren't coming out, do not add cr.mp yet. Also make sure you are only pressing the hp button twice, and not mashing it repeatedly. All of this stuff will help so that super doesn't accidentally come out. Don't turn super meter off in the setting either, you want it fully there at all times because it lets you know if you're doing the motion incorrectly.

USD

Imm0rt4l said:
They nerf his hitbox, but bison still has his stupidly good mk and rh?
They did nerf Bison's HK though, damage-wise. It actually does more damage up close in AE though (100 vs. 110 close, 80 at tip).

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Dieminion made an interesting list cataloging which country has the best of each character (in his opinion);

Abel - U.S.A.
Adon - Taiwan
Akuma - Japan
Balrog - Puerto Rico
Blanka - Japan
C. Viper - U.S.A.
Cammy - Japan
Chun-Li - Japan
Cody - Japan
Dan - Japan
Dee Jay - Japan
Dhalsim - U.S.A.
Dudley - Japan
E. Honda - U.S.A.
El Fuerte - Taiwan
Evil Ryu - U.S.A.
Fei Long - Japan
Gen - Japan
Gouken - Japan
Guile - U.S.A.
Guy - Kuwait
Hakan - Japan
Ibuki - Japan
Juri - U.S.A.
Ken - Japan
M.Bison - U.S.A.
Makoto - Switzerland
Oni - U.S.A.
Rose - France
Rufus - U.S.A.
Ryu - U.S.A.
Sagat - U.S.A.
Sakura - Japan
Seth - Korea
T. Hawk - Japan
Vega - Japan
Yang - France
Yun - Japan
Zangief - Japan

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Conceited said:
Dieminion made an interesting list cataloging which country has the best of each character (in his opinion);

Abel - U.S.A.
Adon - Taiwan
Akuma - Japan
Balrog - Puerto Rico
Blanka - Japan
C. Viper - U.S.A.
Cammy - Japan
Chun-Li - Japan
Cody - Japan
Dan - Japan
Dee Jay - Japan
Dhalsim - U.S.A.
Dudley - Japan
E. Honda - U.S.A.
El Fuerte - Taiwan
Evil Ryu - U.S.A.
Fei Long - Japan
Gen - Japan
Gouken - Japan
Guile - U.S.A.
Guy - Kuwait
Hakan - Japan
Ibuki - Japan
Juri - U.S.A.
Ken - Japan
M.Bison - U.S.A.
Makoto - Switzerland
Oni - U.S.A.
Rose - France
Rufus - U.S.A.
Ryu - U.S.A.
Sagat - U.S.A.
Sakura - Japan
Seth - Korea
T. Hawk - Japan
Vega - Japan
Yang - France
Yun - Japan
Zangief - Japan

Bolded I think are wrong or questionable.

Edgeward

RF/Japan is still best Sagat. And I haven't seen much of Alioune's Yang, but I thought it was always down to Sako or Nemo.

I have no idea who is the Guy, Rose and ELF players being referenced.

How does Switzerland have the best Makoto? And USA has the best Sagat? lolwut?

Edit: Didn't even see the Yang one. Nemo has the best Yang.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Someone should repost that list with the names of the players so we can avoid like 3 pages of people being like "I wonder who he's talking about?"

KidA Seven said:
How does Switzerland have the best Makoto?

I don't know that he has the best Makoto anymore now that JP dudes have picked her up, but VRyu undoubtedly had the best Makoto in Super. If VRyu lived in Japan though it would be no contest.

El Sloth said:
The best Juri is in the U.S.? I wonder who that is.

Also, it's already been posted in the arcade stick thread, but I think it's worth re-posting here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-new-arcade-stick.75228/page-419#post-5838820

WeirdNeo I'm betting.

El Sloth

Banned
Oh yeah, him. I want to disagree with that, but I can't think of any international Juri players. lol

I wonder if Juicebox is still messing with her or if that was just a one time deal for EVO.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Edgeward said:
RF/Japan is still best Sagat. And I haven't seen much of Alioune's Yang, but I thought it was always down to Sako or Nemo.

I have no idea who is the Guy, Rose and ELF players being referenced.

Guy is Nox2, Rose is Luffy as mentioned, Elf is GiPie I guess.

There are some characters that arent used enough to see who is the best.

Abel - U.S.A.
Adon - Taiwan
Akuma - Japan
Balrog - Puerto Rico
Blanka - Japan
C. Viper - U.S.A.
Cammy - Japan
Chun-Li - Japan
Cody - Japan
Dan - Japan
Dee Jay - Japan
Dhalsim - U.S.A.
Dudley - Japan
E. Honda - U.S.A.
El Fuerte - Taiwan
Evil Ryu - U.S.A. Japan(Kindevu)
Fei Long - Japan
Gen - Japan not used enough
Gouken - Japan
Guile - U.S.A.
Guy - Kuwait
Hakan - Japan
Ibuki - Japan
Juri - U.S.A. not used enough
Ken - Japan
M.Bison - U.S.A. Japan(Neurosis)
Makoto - Switzerland
Oni - U.S.A. not used enough
Rose - France
Rufus - U.S.A. Japan(chobixinco)
Ryu - U.S.A. Japan(Togawa)
Sagat - U.S.A. Japan(RF)
Sakura - Japan
Seth - Korea
T. Hawk - Japan
Vega - Japan
Yang - France
Yun - Japan
Zangief - Japan

El Sloth

Banned
What does it matter if they're not used enough?

I mean, if there's only one guy playing Dan then that guy would the best Dan player. He could be complete ass, but he's still the best Dan.

Top Bottom