• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

It would be lame. Everyone knows Sim is free in AE. Why play Sim for SBO when there are so many great yuns. His grand master Ibuki would give them a better chance to win the tourney. Iyo's sim is the past. Iyo's Ibuki is the future.

;)

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:

297422_273534955999844_144320055588002_1039962_757040742_n.jpg

Satyamdas

Banned
KidA Seven said:
It would be lame. Everyone knows Sim is free in AE. Why play Sim for SBO when there are so many great yuns. His grand master Ibuki would give them a better chance to win the tourney. Iyo's sim is the past. Iyo's Ibuki is the future.

;)
Iyo was a grand master Sim, and he won Japan Nationals tournament with the weakest version of Sim versus an army of vanilla Sagats and Rufuses. Iyo's Sim is the best on the planet and if Mochi and Champ and Darui can put up a fight against Yun, then Iyo will be able to and then some.

And Ibuki is a terrible character meant for autopilot players who crave easy mode damage. Iyo is far too godlike to lower himself to such a character. ^_^

Satyamdas said:
Iyo was a grand master Sim, and he won Japan Nationals tournament with the weakest version of Sim versus an army of vanilla Sagats and Rufuses. Iyo's Sim is the best on the planet and if Mochi and Champ and Darui can put up a fight against Yun, then Iyo will be able to and then some.

And Ibuki is a terrible character meant for autopilot players who crave easy mode damage. Iyo is far too godlike to lower himself to such a character. ^_^

Sorry brah, but he's been using Ibuki far more than Dhalsim these days. Been using Ibuki since beginning of Super. Also Iyo's Ibuki is the best on the planet.

Score:

Ibuki 1
Sim 0

Awww yeah <3

Satyamdas

Banned
KidA Seven said:
Sorry brah, but he's been using Ibuki far more than Dhalsim these days. Been using Ibuki since beginning of Super. Also Iyo's Ibuki is the best on the planet.

Score:

Ibuki 1
Sim 0

Awww yeah <3
Uhhhh, I know that he's been using Ibuki since Super, that is what makes him using Sim for SBO such a momentous occasion. He has grown tired of easy wins due to Ibuki's nonsense, and is returning to the character that rewards patience, match up knowledge, and skillful play. Iyo is basically saying "FU Ibuki, I want to earn my wins!"

Sim: Over 9000
Ibuki: -3 million billion

hzsJU.jpg

SmokeMaxX

Satyamdas said:
Uhhhh, I know that he's been using Ibuki since Super, that is what makes him using Sim for SBO such a momentous occasion. He has grown tired of easy wins due to Ibuki's nonsense, and is returning to the character that rewards patience, match up knowledge, and skillful play. Iyo is basically saying "FU Ibuki, I want to earn my wins!"

Sim: Over 9000
Ibuki: -3 million billion

hzsJU.jpg
Sim is ez-mode. I can beat the CPU* without even MOVING FROM THE SAME SPOT. If that's not OP I don't know what is.

*CPU on EASY or VERY EASY.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's just Eva, KS and I in the lobby right now. Saty is scared as usual. That's what happens when you pick top tier.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
BTW, if you see me online and I'm not using Sim, or I don't answer a message, then that's either one of my friends or my roomate playing my account.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rentahamster said:
BTW, if you see me online and I'm not using Sim, or I don't answer a message, then that's either one of my friends or my roomate playing my account.

Uh huh. That's what they all say.

Imm0rt4l

I was in a room with these 4-5000pp players who were getting beat by this sagat player with like 500 pp named Ibeatthepusseup.This sagat was bulldoging the shit out of me after taking a round off me though not very convincingly. He knew not to show me any respect since his buttons beat mines, dude was runing a perfect while I was at like 25% health and I just cr. mp xx tatsu FADC Shin Shoryuken and came back on that ass, I just rank oki from than on and had him mind fucked. The next round he respected the shit out of me, I was actually rushing him down, but I lost. Its sad that this is a gouken players fuck yea moment of the day, having a player actually respect you :(.

Imm0rt4l said:
I was in a room with these 4-5000pp players who were getting beat by this sagat player with like 500 pp named Ibeatthepusseup.This sagat was bulldoging the shit out of me after taking a round off me though not very convincingly. He knew not to show me any respect since his buttons beat mines, dude was runing a perfect while I was at like 25% health and I just cr. mp xx tatsu FADC Shin Shoryuken and came back on that ass, I just rank oki from than on and had him mind fucked. The next round he respected the shit out of me, I was actually rushing him down, but I lost. Its sad that this is a gouken players fuck yea moment of the day, having a player actually respect you :(.
On the topic of Gouken, Heihachi from Sf X Tekken has a godlike counter move that does high, mid, low, and can counter fireballs. Why can't Gouken do that :/

Imm0rt4l

Cloudius12 said:
On the topic of Gouken, Heihachi from Sf X Tekken has a godlike counter move that does high, mid, low, and can counter fireballs. Why can't Gouken do that :/
Heihachi isn't a joke character.

in all seriousness though, I didn't know this. Does it have the same properties as kongoshin? 1 frame reversal which a lot of recovery frames and invincible explosion? I haven't seen this yet.

Meanwhile, Gouken is getting jump in counterhit out of his hp(antiair) kongoshin! gg capcom.

Here's the link for the stream! Should be starting in about a hour and a half according to FubarDuck's Twitter post.

Casuals going on right now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ayano-cup

Abelity from SRK forums said:
Pre-SBO 5on5 Tournament [ Ayano Cup 2nd IMPACT -GIANT ATTACK- ]

2011.09.16 (Friday)

Place: Club SEGA Shinjuku West

Start: 4PM (Japan time)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 1 - Saikyo Squadron Dan Five (All Dan Team)
Kurosu, ALBEL, BekedaminB, Kuujyou Q Tarou, Onigirishirasan

Team 2 - Kichijoji GUY
-R- (Adon), Shin (Juri), Fu*k Yun (Yun), Uki (Cody), Akahoshi (Zangief)

Team 3 - High Motivation (Team VF)
Fuudo (Fei), Itabashi Zangief (Zangief), Akabe (Yang), Nekosuke (Yun), Yaoichi (Ken)

Team 4 - &#12510;&#12501;&#12451;&#12450;&#12364;&#12463;&#12497;&#12449;&#12503;&#12524;&#12452;&#12375;&#12390;&#12460;&#12483;&#12484;&#12509;&#12540;&#12474;
Y24 (Chun), a.k.a.jojo (M.Bison), Hishou(Sagat), Banbaban (Yun), KOK (Fei)

Team 5 - Kanbaaland
Kanbara (Adon), Nekojita (Abel), Ichi&#9734; (Ken), Sukekiyo(Yun), Haneyama (Yang)

Team 6 - &#12460;&#12481;&#12512;&#12481;&#33836;&#22269;&#31085;-R- (Team Chiba?)
Kuroken (Dudlley), AC Revenger (Abel), Arika (C.Viper), Duke (Makoto), Acqua (Yang)

Team 7 - Ayachan JAPAN
Ueto Aya (Chun), NISHIKIN (Blanka), Super Santarou Man (Sagat), Fujiwara (Sakura), Asahi Beer (Honda)

Team 8 - Loli Meat Ryonaz [?]
Matsuri (Viper), Furon (Gouki), Rolling Chicken (Dudley), KEENG (Hawk), Pipin (Zangief)

Team 9 - Pokemon
Haitani (Makoto), Momochi (Yun), RF (Sagat), Kindevu (Seth), Eita (Akuma)

Team 10 - Nanzokore (Team Yokohama?)
Zangitan (Zangief), Nagai Kouji (Cammy, i think this is actually Naruo), Chakku (Adon), Kim1234 (Dictator), Iori (Fuerte)

Team 11 - Adon Believer (All Adon Team)
Gacha Boy, Karichin, RooT, ramunekka, Ushinosuke

Team 12 - Phoenix Dojo -Hyakuretsu-
Kyoku (Yang), AOI (Sagat) , Ice sword wo motu otoko (Yun), Shitamachi Prince (Cody), Suropuu (Fei)

Team 13 - Japan Invading Army Fubarduck Corps.
Fubarduck (Yun), 801 strider (Makoto), iPeru (El Fuerte), Mike Ross(E.Honda), Filipino Champ (Dhalsim)

Team 14 - Phoenix Dojo 48
O-nen (Ryu), Hiro (Ken), Togawa (Ryu), Sha (Yang), Michun (Cammy)

Team 15 - Phoenix Dojo &#21083;&#25484;
Kazunoko (Yun), Nemo (Yang), Kyabetsu (C.Viper), Yuu&#9733;(Akuma), Bonchan (Sagat)

Team 16 - Shin Jigoku Misawa JAPAN (trans. - Misawa Japan True Hell)
Hanamaruki (Sagat), Shiro (Makoto), Shungoku Neurosis (M.Bison), Binbinman (Yun), Chichimonda Honda (M.Bison)

Team 17 - LOVE&#9734;Namida iro/Setouchi Jyakuchou
Initial Kyouso (Rose), Tarou (Boxer), Toshizaku (Gouki), Higaki (Sagat), anton (Gouken)

Team 18 - Nonbe (trans. - heavy drinkers)
Chankoma (Chun), Nobunari (Chun), Hissatsu Shigokinin (Dhalsim), Matsuzaka Sedai (Claw), Y83 (Seth)

Team 19 - Nankoku Saints (Southern Saints)
Rariken (Sagat), Sasshi (Chun), KENT (Sagat), Kuroma (Sagat), Tuna (Juri)

Team 20 - Gachi Enjoy Zei
Shiomizu (DJ), Karono (Cody), Shinigami (E.Ryu), EX Guran (Rufus), Fumiya (Chun)

Team 21 - Abba-bu!
Michael Tan (Ken), Taku @ Ratio 4 (Blanka), EX Mamehara (Adon), Gachihomottun (Sagat), Darui (Dhalsim)

Team 22 - &#26085;&#39640;&#23627;&#36763;&#12461;&#12512;&#12481;&#12400;&#12367;&#12384;&#12435;&#28818;&#12417;&#21218;
Mohamedo (Dictator), Sayaka (Blanka), Shin Chan (Adon), YO-SHI (Zangief), Banu-no (Gouki)

Team 23 - &#39640;&#20870;&#23546;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512;&#12473;&#12479;&#12472;&#12458;CUBE&#38281;&#24215;&#20013;
Reiketsu (Claw), Jack (Sagat), melo@ (Cammy), yuuuuusuke (Ibuki), Shimizu (Hawk)

Team 24 - Abelity's Last Summer ?!
RIU (Cody), Abelity (Abel), SuzuQta (Claw), Nittan (Guy), Otoko (Dictator)

Team 25 - &#12363;&#12384;&#19968;&#20154;&#12391;&#12356;&#12369;&#12427;

Team 26 - We came from China!
&#22823;&#21475; (Fei), &#23567;&#23401;,(Yun), &#21253;chan (Yang), &#31070;&#33775; (E.Honda),Unknown ,

Team 27 - Wonder Egg

Team 28 - &#12404;&#12383;&#23376;&#22890;&#12356;&#21512;&#12356;&#38538;

Team 29 - Team Taiwan
Gamerbee (Adon), RB (Guy), ROCKPON (Ibuki), LSY(M.Bison), Hsien Chang (Yun)

Team 30 - TOTALHEADS
Poongko (Seth), Ryan Hart (Yun), KURODA (Ryu), Dashio (Fei), Unknown Name (Ken -- probably MOV)

Team 31 - Subete no Otokodate ha watashi tachi no mae ni hiza de gozaru

Team 32 - Garigari ga Rikuson

Team 33 - One Piece

black_vegeta said:
Nothing I fear most than a gdlk Blanka.

>:|
All of Blanka's normals, specials and Ultras should cost him health. Him blocking your attacks should also give health back to the attacker as well.

Also, he automatically loses at the end of every round.

Satyamdas

Banned
gutabo said:
Hey Saty(lotsa <3 for ya), a couple of questions:
What do you think about AE honda?
What do you think about sim vs gouken in AE?
Yours truly.
GUTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3

Man I have to admit my ignorance regarding AE Honda. I know no one likes losing damage, and I know losing jab headbutt anti-air hurt, and specifically vs. Sim not being able to go through fireballs really hurts in that match up, but I don't know that any of this makes him a terrible character in AE. I know he has a lot of matches he struggles with, a lot of even ones and a few in his favor, but if I had to rank him I'd say he is maybe upper-mid tier? I really don't know. What do you think of him?

As for Sim/Gouken in AE, I think that is a solid 5-5 matchup. Gouken can be zoned effectively, and anti aired easily. The problem is as Sim, that his counters hurt A LOT, and so poking at him even from long range is always scary, which makes doing damage to him pretty hard. Gouken hits like a truck, so letting him get in is always a concern, but he doesn't have the mixup potential that an Akuma, Abel, Yun, etc., have, so even if he gets in it isn't as scary as it could be. Either way, Gouken is a huge pain in Sim's ass.

simtmb

I hate ustream so much. Lags so hard for me, if only this was restreamed somewhere. Restream of GG4 on niconico worked perfect last time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Stream is laggier than my first date. Go Fubar!!!!!!!!

Quality is nice though. Step it up Japan!

Yeah. Ustream blows.

_Xenon_

Banned
UStream is down the shittier. Random unskippable AD every 10 mins or something?

BTW Japanese godlike internet strikes again ... 60fps stream wtf.

Top Bottom