• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Apparently it is SBO's fault not Planet Zero. We'll have to find out more details later.

And Hsien and BK has to fight Team Kuwait to make it into brackets. So not all is lost right now.

Thanks Fubar for looking out for them. :)

FubarDuck via Twitter said:
Negotiations are over. Hsien/Banana Ken will fight the Kuwait team, winner gets into Top 32 bracket.

Keep in mind, this is even though both teams are written into the SBO Final bracket on separate sides in the program guide.

Planet Zero's owner is here too, he was not aware of any problems. This was SBO's fault for miscalculating the number of teams who qual'd.

SBO however was made aware that Banana Ken paid thousands out of pocket to be here, and that the situation was handled very poorly.

kirblar

Kadey said:
Apparently it is SBO's fault not Planet Zero. We'll have to find out more details later.

And Hsien and BK has to fight Team Kuwait to make it into brackets. So not all is lost right now.

Thanks Fubar for looking out for them. :)
How in the unholy fuck do you invite more people than you have slots for? The management's managed to be even worse than the horrific tournament format!

kirblar

KidA Seven said:
What??? Daigo and Iyo have to go through a qualifier in order to make it.
There were two last chance qualifier team spaces available, but they had accidentally left the Taiwanese team off the bracket. Rather than having the two LCQ teams face off, they're screwing over random foreign teams. Daigo's team won one of the two LCQ spots.

SBO is now starting

brackets
http://twitter.com/#!/southtownarcade/status/114938751154786304/photo/1/large
@fubarduck is tweeting updates.

edit: and just like that Mike Ross/Champ is out of SBO.

Conceited said:
Mike and Champ out, exposed.
KuGsj.gif

So I went 3-2 in a local tournament today in San Francisco. ~20-30 people showed up for AE.

I feel pretty good about it, because I was playing with a borrowed Sanwa stick on 360 instead of my Seimitsu on PS3. I pretty much lost my two matches because I couldn't chicken wing into close fierce, they were both extremely close.

I only played Marvel at EVO, so offline tournament play is an eye opener for me, since I'd only ever played casuals before. I played a ton of Super online, so I'd underestimated how important listening to your opponent's buttons is. I found out that I suddenly play much, much more patiently in offline tournaments since I can tell what my opponent is trying to do more easily, whereas online feels more like rock paper scissors and i rush in way too quickly.

So, I used Dudley, Fei Long, Seth and Vega, and learned a lot about each character and what they mean for me.

• Dudley - Dudley's weaknesses aren't as bad as I thought, but reliability is more important than I considered. I'm dropping Dudley because I don't trust myself.
  • Fei Long - I can play Fei really patiently offline, and I think it suits me. I played him in Vanilla, but basically stopped in Super because I only really played online and got confused too much. I got a lot of compliments on my rekka reactions :)
  • Seth - The only character that audibly excited people around me when I played, I think Seth is a great secondary for me. I never dropped my combos and hit confirms when I played him today, either, stomps are so much fun :)
  • Vega- This dude got me knocked out of the tournament. He really doesn't fit me like I thought, so I'm dropping him.

Fei and Seth are my boys now, and the tournament was fun enough that I think I can start to take this game seriously.

Also, I fought a really smart Dudley that made it to semifinals, he listened to my buttons and counterhit my rekkas with cMP A LOT. and once you force a Fei Long to rely on his(admittedly great) normals, dudley's job is mostly done. Playing Dudley as a counterhit character instead of a mixup character is pretty smart.

Top Bottom