• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Edgeward

kevo_huevo said:
you're gonna enter SCR? let's train! i'll be entering as well (homecourt advantage lol)

Yea, let's dude! I'm gonna be out of the country starting saturday for two weeks though, so yea. lol But that sounds real good, as I like practicing with people way better than me. Hope we get some time in before I leave, would like to get in some before then.

Imm0rt4l

Gouken
[Sakotsukudaki] (f+MP): Hit box enlarged downwards, active frames changed to 4F. Hit stop and guard stop time has been changed from medium attack length to heavy attack length. Hittable area has been reduced, making it easier to dodge crouching attacks.

I hope this means combos off overhead are possible outside of just counterhit situations. This could make his wakeup meaty/high low game a lot stronger.

opponent wakes up blocking low? get overhead, cr. lp xx lp. palm(tatsu would whiff)
opponent wakes up blocking high? meaty cr. lk xx lp palm
and of course just standing their waiting for a reaction.
Would make for a nice mixup. I doubt that far mp is going to combo into hadouken, but it would be nice.

[Forbidden Shoryuken]: Startup greatly reduced from 11F->3F, which makes it easier to combo and counterattack with.

So basically meter dependant ass gouken has to hord meter so that he can gain respect from his opponents rushdown? lol....forbidden shoryuken indeed. It's a nice change though I guess, but who wants to use this for some 300 something damage when you can ex tatsu for 200? I'm sure this will be useful, maybe even changes a few matchups.

[far MP]: Deals additional 1F of hit stun, and is now special/super cancelable. Thus [far MP] -> [M. Senkugoshoha] combo is now possible.

this is great even if this doesn't combo into hadouken.

[far HP]: Active hit frames changed from 3F->5F.

fuck yes

[close HK]: Active hit frames of first part changed from 2F->5F.

maybe this will be easier to use effectively for anti crossups, *shrugs

[Denjin Hadouken]: Lever rotations needed to speed up the move have been reduced.

That's cool

Judderman

drawer by drawer
2nd round of changes Part 2:

Capcom-Unity said:
Cammy
[Quick Spin Knuckle]: Push back distance on block has been reduced, and follow ups from Cammy such as [cr.LK], etc, are now considered to be a true block string.

Fei Long
[Engekishu] (f+HK): 2nd hit is now super cancelable; however total move damage has been decreased from 150->130.

Sakura
[Sakura Otoshi]: Changed difficulty of command input, and adjusted it so that the move will not come out from button releases.

Rose
[EX Soul Reflect]: Move is invincible to projectiles until frame 7, and shot reflection occurs from frame 5. This makes it easier to instantly reflect projectiles.
[Soul Satellite]: Fixed a glitch that caused the EX version to come out when doing the command input and holding up-left on the controller.

Gen
[EX Jyasen]: Opponent stun is +1F if the hit right before the last hit connects. Thus [FADC] afterwards gives Gen a max +8F.
[Lv1 Focus Attack]: Properties have been changed based on which stance Gen is in.
• [Mantis Style]: Forward dash after a hit gives even frames to both players.
• [Crane Style]: Forward dash after a block gives even frames to both players.
[EX Oga]: Damage increased from 100->150. Variation of the move [Far Kick] during EX is now faster, and a hit allows for further combo opportunities.
[Crane Style cr.MK]: Now +1F on hit, -1F on block. Hittable area has been reduced.

Dan
No additional changes since the “SSFIV AE Ver.2012 Alpha” location test.

T.Hawk
[EX Condor Dive]: On hit, the move retains projectile invincibility until end of recovery.
[Heavy Shoulder] (d+MP): Can now be done from a vertical jump.
[Condor Spire]: Simplified command has been changed back to what it is in the current SSFIV AE.
[Raging Slash]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

Dee Jay
[close HK]: If the first hit connects it forces the opponent to stand, and the 2nd hit is now super cancelable. Move is now -2F on block.

Guy
[Wall Jump]: Can now attack earlier after the initial jump off the wall.
[Bushin Hasoken]: Hit box on the last part is enlarged, making it easier to connect the full Super Combo.
[Bushin Muso Renge]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

Cody

Ibuki
[Bonsho Kick]: Push back distance after hit has been reduced, and on counter-hit it is easier to follow up with combos.
[Yoroitoshi]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

Makoto

Dudley
[Jet Upper]: Startup of light and medium versions changed from 6F to 5F, heavy version changed from 4F to 3F.
[Short Swing Blow]: On hit, medium and heavy versions do additional 2F of hit stun, giving Dudley +2F total.
[Ducking Upper]: Startup changed back to what it is in existing SSFIV AE.
[cr.MK]: Startup changed from 10F->8F and active frames lengthened from 5F->6F, making it a better poking tool.
[Rolling Thunder]: First hit will not connect against airborne opponents, but from 2nd hit onwards there is additional hit detection against airborne opponents.

Adon
[Jaguar Kick]: Hittable area of light and medium versions has been enlarged. Hittable area of heavy version remains the same, but damage has been reduced from 140->130.
[close MK]: Properties have been changed back to what it is in existing SSFIV AE.

Hakan

Juri
[Senpusha]: Hit stun has been adjusted so [FADC] after light version gives +6F on the first hit, +3F on the second. Medium and heavy versions gives +6F for either hit, and EX gives +3F on first hit and +8F on second hit.
[close MP]: Startup changed from 5F->3F, making it easier to connect combos up close.

Yun
[Zenpo Tenshin]: Startup of light, medium, heavy versions changed from 11F->10F.
[LK]: Block stun increased by 1F, giving total +2 on block.
[Target Combo 3]: 2nd hit is now super cancelable.

Yang
[EX Tourou Zan]: Will not come out on button releases.
[Byakko Soshouda]: Only during [Seiei Enbu], total move frames have been changed back to what they are in the current SSFIV AE.
[Target Combo 3]: 3rd hit is now causes knockdown, and is super cancelable.
[Back Step]: Special cancel timing towards the end is changed from frame 24 to frame 26.

Evil Ryu
[cr.HK]: Startup changed from 6F->7F, damage from 90->100, active frames from 2F->3F.
[H. Shoryuken]: First hit damage changed from 90->100, for a total of 160.

Oni
[Air Hadou Dash]: Can now be canceled into Ultra Combo I [Metsu Gouzanku] on hit or block.
[L. or H. Air Hadou Dash]: Hit box size has been enlarged.
[EX Air Tatsumaki Zankukyaku]: Falling trajectory changed to become vertical when canceled from [L. or M. Air Hadou Dash]. Damage changed to 140, stun to 200, and move is now only 1 hit.
[Air Raging Demon]: Modified so that it will only hit airborne opponents, and can be used in combos. Damage has been reduced from 370->320. Normal [Raging Demon] is still a throw.
[M. Demon Slash]: Active projectile invincibility frames increased from 16F->19F.

Imm0rt4l

Dudley
[Jet Upper]: Startup of light and medium versions changed from 6F to 5F, heavy version changed from 4F to 3F.
[Short Swing Blow]: On hit, medium and heavy versions do additional 2F of hit stun, giving Dudley +2F total.
[Ducking Upper]: Startup changed back to what it is in existing SSFIV AE.
[cr.MK]: Startup changed from 10F->8F and active frames lengthened from 5F->6F, making it a better poking tool.
[Rolling Thunder]: First hit will not connect against airborne opponents, but from 2nd hit onwards there is additional hit detection against airborne opponents.

Fucking, DIGNITY.

cackhyena

Ibuki
[Bonsho Kick]: Push back distance after hit has been reduced, and on counter-hit it is easier to follow up with combos.
[Yoroitoshi]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

What is this move?

[EX Oga]: Damage increased from 100->150. Variation of the move [Far Kick] during EX is now faster, and a hit allows for further combo opportunities.

Seeing how it is faster it might be easier to set up aerial U2 after this.

Sakura needs nerfs, not buffs. Why can she be able jab crouching opponents? They took it away from Balrog, take it away from Sakura. :mad:

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Makoto

tigerfistpump.gif

Edgeward

Cammy Spin Knuckle still garbage, no reason to use it in the first place so the buff does little to encourage it.

Dudley's cr mk a better poke tool at 8f? lol I guess technically that's true.

And no further Mak changes. People gonna be mad.

Imm0rt4l said:
Fucking, DIGNITY.

Is it that big of a deal?

Capcom Unity Blog said:
Evil Ryu
[cr.HK]: Startup changed from 6F->7F, damage from 90->100, active frames from 2F->3F.
[H. Shoryuken]: First hit damage changed from 90->100, for a total of 160.

pfffffffft

HP Shoryu will do same as Reg. Ryu's 1-hit HP shoryu? Can you FADC > Ultra?

Imm0rt4l

cackhyena said:
Ibuki

What is this move?
her ultra 1

T.Hawk
[EX Condor Dive]: On hit, the move retains projectile invincibility until end of recovery.
[Heavy Shoulder] (d+MP): Can now be done from a vertical jump.
[Condor Spire]: Simplified command has been changed back to what it is in the current SSFIV AE.
[Raging Slash]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

ezmPk.gif

cackhyena said:
Ibuki

What is this move?
Ultra 1.

LakeEarth

Sakura
[Sakura Otoshi]: Changed difficulty of command input, and adjusted it so that the move will not come out from button releases.

I love this, I accidentally get d.mk into Otoshi instead of SRK all the time.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
El Sloth said:
I can't remember the last time I saw a Rose player use EX Reflect.

Nice, I guess.

When you accidentally do ex reflect instead of U2, you're now more likely to accidentally reflect a fireball. Huge buff. Rose for top tier.

Imm0rt4l

Edgeward said:
Cammy Spin Knuckle still garbage, no reason to use it in the first place so the buff does little to encourage it.

Dudley's cr mk a better poke tool at 8f? lol I guess technically that's true.

And no further Mak changes. People gonna be mad.

yea its great, because it's faster, and it has more active frames, making counter poking low attacks that much effective. So many times I've been a hair off on counter poking sim cr. fierce or ryu's cr. forward. And a 3 frame reversal that doesn't require ex, that shit is pretty classy.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Dudley's uppercut still won't have any invincibility, which is what makes it ass. Having a 3-frame move for punishes though is still pretty useful.

Imm0rt4l

Yea, the lack of invincibility will probalby lead to trades, but that leads to damage when you're conserving meter for that ex duck straight....upper. Damage and stun in duds favor, maybe. It's weird to think that hp is 3 frames though, ex isn't even 3 frames.

GunbladeV

Banned
Im always too worried to even try hp jet upper into a trade combo as an anti air. I need to practice it i guess.

Wonder what this is

"A new little thing we’ve added but…
When beginning the game, if you hold all 3 punch buttons and then press start….!?"

Edgeward said:
Yea, let's dude! I'm gonna be out of the country starting saturday for two weeks though, so yea. lol But that sounds real good, as I like practicing with people way better than me. Hope we get some time in before I leave, would like to get in some before then.

sick dude, i'll try to get online friday. where in california are you located btw?

Satyamdas

Banned
WTF is this bullshit about taking out negative edge for certain moves for certain characters?! Why should they get that luxury? I want that shit removed for Sim's Yoga Blast goddammit! >:|

Capcom really needs to make all that shit toggle-able. I want to be able to turn off the input shortcuts and negative edge because they screw me over more than they help me. And if someone else wants to use them then they should be able to. This + the ridiculously large reversal window are my only major gripes with SF4.

Edgeward

Lancaster/Palmdale, don't blame you if you don't know it.

Friday sound great, hope to see you there for some good long sets.

Gonna need to find a 360 stick in the meantime, cause SCR is probably on xbox since it's levelup.

HAVE A BIG SALE ON BLACK FRIDAY MARKMAN

Satyamdas said:
WTF is this bullshit about taking out negative edge for certain moves for certain characters?! Why should they get that luxury? I want that shit removed for Sim's Yoga Blast goddammit! >:|

news to me. what moves?

Satyamdas

Banned
Sakura

Yang

I could be reading this wrong, but it looks like using negative edge won't work for these moves any more?

USD

A reminder, Tomorrow night/Friday morning (US time) is Nagoya Street Battle 30. Team Mad Catz. Sako, Haitani and MDR on a single team. Plus the beta version of Ver.2012. The tourney is also using a new format, either round-robin or double elimination for the first round of play, depending on the number of teams. It's definitely going to be a big event, so be sure to watch.

Most of the players from US who went to Tougeki are already back home, but 801 Strider, Fubarduck, and Kim1234 will be holding it down.

Joule

LakeEarth said:
Sakura

I love this, I accidentally get d.mk into Otoshi instead of SRK all the time.
It's nice to have certainly since that's the only time it'll be in effect. I usually just hold mk down so I don't negative edge during that combo though. It's good to have regardless.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
A reminder, Tomorrow night/Friday morning (US time) is Nagoya Street Battle 30. Team Mad Catz. Sako, Haitani and MDR on a single team. Plus the beta version of Ver.2012. The tourney is also using a new format, either round-robin or double elimination for the first round of play, depending on the number of teams. It's definitely going to be a big event, so be sure to watch.

Most of the players from US who went to Tougeki are already back home, but 801 Strider, Fubarduck, and Kim1234 will be holding it down.

Isn't Poongko going to be there? I think I heard that somewhere.

Imm0rt4l

Satyamdas said:
Sakura

Yang

I could be reading this wrong, but it looks like using negative edge won't work for these moves any more?
Yep, there are a bunch of instances for sakura at least where that move will come out because of negative edge.

cackhyena

Satyamdas said:
Capcom really needs to make all that shit toggle-able. I want to be able to turn off the input shortcuts and negative edge because they screw me over more than they help me.
Oh man, that would be great.

Kadey said:
They should toggle shortcuts too. Hate them.

Yeah, SF4 shortcuts are fucking idiotic in comparison to 3S's ones. In SF4 I'll consistently hit Rose ex-reflect instead of ultra 2 because of the way shortcuts are set up, in 3S I'll fail to hit a fierce into super art cancel unless I specifically input the shortcut.

cHaotix8

Edgeward said:

I don't think HP dp will change things much but having LP and MP ones each a frame faster and a faster sweep is a step in the right direction. I would of asked for more range on the sweep as well but we'll see how things play out.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Yeah, SF4 shortcuts are fucking idiotic in comparison to 3S's ones. In SF4 I'll consistently hit Rose ex-reflect instead of ultra 2 because of the way shortcuts are set up, in 3S I'll fail to hit a fierce into super art cancel unless I specifically input the shortcut.
it was a glitch according to the change list.

Remus

T.Hawk
Awesome, no more trading hits with fireballs.
Excuse my ignorance, but what are the simplified commands for these?

Spirit of Jazz said:
Not the most recent one though? That would be great, I always assumed it was down to a bug with the reverse TK motion that used 3 punches or kicks.
Rose
[EX Soul Reflect]: Move is invincible to projectiles until frame 7, and shot reflection occurs from frame 5. This makes it easier to instantly reflect projectiles.
[Soul Satellite]: Fixed a glitch that caused the EX version to come out when doing the command input and holding up-left on the controller.

Cloudius12 said:
Rose

Okay, my bad. I shouldn't have gave up simple assuming it was always an issue with reflect before reading it all.

Edgeward said:
Lancaster/Palmdale, don't blame you if you don't know it.

Friday sound great, hope to see you there for some good long sets.

Gonna need to find a 360 stick in the meantime, cause SCR is probably on xbox since it's levelup.

HAVE A BIG SALE ON BLACK FRIDAY MARKMAN

lol i have relatives from palmdale! when i was a kid, we would drive there, from fucking san diego. palmdale has a "special" place in my heart.

insider info: SCR is being put on by Fighting Gamers @ UCI, and they are attempting to use "evo setups" (PS3, asus v236 monitors) for the entire tourney. xborx will probably be used for casuals, side tourneys, etc. I'm sure you can borrow a stick from someone, i plan on getting mine dual modded soon.

shit are you driving from palmdale and back just for 1 day?

Remus said:
Awesome, no more trading hits with fireballs.
Excuse my ignorance, but what are the simplified commands for these?
Probably involving the shortcuts for half-circles. His U2 is harder to do in AE than it is in Super.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
Pretty good match between Lost and German Luger. Broke Lost's 18 win streak. Then I proceeded to troll him with Honda and he left the lobby. :(
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/295644993

Yeah that was a pretty great match. Thanks for uploading.

I hate watching my matches though, because I always see like a million things I could've done better or things I did that I shouldn't have done. It's a blessing and a curse :(

Top Bottom