• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

notworksafe

Corky said:
Mine is "too strong for me..." because, you're too strong for me ._.
My slogan...ummm I don't remember offhand. I usually swap between "Show me combos!" and "Time to taunt".

Icon is ERoo block head because it's the funniest one.

My title is gens cool glowing head with fei longs "be yourself"

First thing I did in super was pick up both of the titles again. Had it since I found it in vanilla :)

USD

Corky said:
So what are some of makotos " O shieet the bitch did WHAT?!" combos?
st.HP xx Hayate cancel, st.MP xx EX Hayate, LP Fukiage xx jump cancel, EX Tsurugi in the corner. Or basically any combo that finishes with the last three moves.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
USD said:
st.HP xx Hayate cancel, st.MP xx EX Hayate, LP Fukiage, EX Tsurugi in the corner. Or basically any combo that finishes with the last three moves.

Yeah that one I've pulled off once in a while, but I was more thinking even more messed up (if she even has any)

USD

Other than combos that involve Ultra, I can't think of anything in particular that's going to give her as much damage output.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Corky said:
So what are some of makotos " O shieet the bitch did WHAT?!" combos?

karakusa > st.hp xx hp hayate xx fadc > st.lp > st.mp x3 xx ex oroshi

Costs 3 bars but builds a bar. Massive stun/damage midscreen and gives you an optimal oki setup. But also like 4 1-frame links.

You can do similar combos starting with counterhit st.hp xx mp oroshi.

counterhit st.hp xx hayate cancel > U1. Probably the most stylish way to land U1.

Also, shit like this.

Corky

Lost Fragment said:
karakusa > st.hp xx hp hayate xx fadc > st.lp > st.mp x3 xx ex oroshi

Costs 3 bars but builds a bar. Massive stun/damage midscreen and gives you an optimal oki setup. But also like 4 1-frame links.

You can do similar combos starting with counterhit st.hp xx mp oroshi.

counterhit st.hp xx hayate cancel > U1. Probably the most stylish way to land U1.

Also, shit like this.

Instead of st.lp would it be possible to do f.lk dash under st.mp x3?

Kai

Daigo will be using Akuma going forward. Ran into Justin Wong last night at the Capcom event and the subject came up. He basically said he's practicing Akuma and giving feedback to Capcom at the location tests specifically about Akuma.

Corky

Kai said:
Daigo will be using Akuma going forward. Ran into Justin Wong last night at the Capcom event and the subject came up. He basically said he's practicing Akuma and giving feedback to Capcom at the location tests specifically about Akuma.

Interesting, hope it sticks.

Kai

Another nugget I got from various pro's last night - AE 2012 will be the return of charge characters viability. Everyone basically echoed that 2012 will change the game to a pace where charge characters will be very effective - due to all the balance changes combined.

Kai said:
Another nugget I got from various pro's last night - AE 2012 will be the return of charge characters viability. Everyone basically echoed that 2012 will change the game to a pace where charge characters will be very effective - due to all the balance changes combined.
Speaking of which, did Dic's UC2 change back to a motion command?

USD

I don't know why, but for some reason I love this pic. From Furon, who's a part of Team NSB.

RX6m6.jpg

It's a shot from in front of Urban Square Osu, the venue for NSB.

Full-sized version

BadWolf

Kai said:

For me Akuma = Tokido so I really hope he picks someone else.

It would make sense though, Akuma is probably the best shoto and characters like Dhalism aren't that much of a problem for him (unlike Ryu).

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes for Guile though, he was his secondary in SSF4 and is supposed to be more solid with the changes.

Corky

black_vegeta said:
Jumping in the air, press any button while buffering spd or srk seems to be the hawtness lately online.

Genius, gonna incorporate.

Akuma is a good choice. I personally think in 2012 he'll be top 3. He's got one of the best, if not the best offense in the game even with the grab nerf. He's also got fantastic defense and the use of u2 to make the teleport safe is heavily underused by top akuma players, including tokido. His only problem is his health/stun.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
cackhyena said:
You gonna stream tonight, kadey?

Most likely not. I screwed up config file for the stream so I have to do it all over again. Too lazy.

Trying to get a consensus here.

What does everybody have their PC monitor resolution set at?

I must be the only person to use 1280x1024 for my main. Everything I do will look best at that res. Any other resolution, no matter how high looks funky to me.

MIMIC

Banned
So I'm playing this turtle Guile scrub. Take a little while for me to realize....because he's destroying me. So I compose myself and amass an epic comeback.

Round 2 he gets destroyed.

Now, against my better judgment, I rematch him anyway, so as to not come off like an asshole.

He wins. Screams "Fuck you" over the mic, and boots me.

XBL, ladies and gentlemen.

cackhyena

Kadey said:
Most likely not. I screwed up config file for the stream so I have to do it all over again. Too lazy.

Trying to get a consensus here.

What does everybody have their PC monitor resolution set at?

I must be the only person to use 1280x1024 for my main. Everything I do will look best at that res. Any other resolution, no matter how high looks funky to me.
Bummer. I keep mine at the highest it goes. 1920 by 1080. Anything else look off to me.

broz0rs

biosnake20 said:
Daigo confirmed he isnt using ryu in 2012, so im guessing he'll use akuma/ken and yun as a secondary. Or the other way around.

I think a lot of people will hate my opinion, but I'm convinced his main will be a character that has a strong advantage over the mains of the best players in the US mainly Justin, Ricky, and FChamp

I remember Daigo stating that his battleground is the US since it provides for his income. I don't think he'd want to handicap himself like he did with Ryu-Sim in Super and lose out on thousands in fight money. When the patch notes got released, the first question i'd ask if Daigo were to main Ryu again is if these changes will grant an advantage over Sim. It didn't, so we're left to guess who he's going to main in 2012.

cackhyena

I don't think there's much to guess on here. Sim is just trounced by the twins, especially with someone like Daigo on the stick. I think Ken/Akuma and Yun is a pretty safe bet. Nerfs aside, they are all still top tier.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
broz0rs said:
I think a lot of people will hate my opinion, but I'm convinced his main will be a character that has a strong advantage over the mains of the best players in the US mainly Justin, Ricky, and FChamp

I remember Daigo stating that his battleground is the US since it provides for his income. I don't think he'd want to handicap himself like he did with Ryu-Sim in Super and lose out on thousands in fight money. When the patch notes got released, the first question i'd ask if Daigo were to main Ryu again is if these changes will grant an advantage over Sim. It didn't, so we're left to guess who he's going to main in 2012.

No, Ryu won't be good against Sim. Doesn't matter with American tourney rules though, he'll just pick Yun against known Sims. He doesn't have to stick with one character. Although there is the whole honor thing, I guess, but he counterpicked Mago with Guile.

Top Bottom