• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

off topic, regarding Ultradavid's condition, I remember at one tournament (one of the Midwest tournaments) where they wanted to play ST on the stream using the supergun setup. I remember Ultradavid complaining about the stick not working.

cackhyena

Timedog said:
No, Ryu won't be good against Sim. Doesn't matter with American tourney rules though, he'll just pick Yun against known Sims. He doesn't have to stick with one character. Although there is the whole honor thing, I guess, but he counterpicked Mago with Guile.
Honor thing? Oh, Time. Daigo picks to win. If the rules aren't that you have to stick to one char, of course they will counter-pick. If it's about honor with these things...no one is honorable. Cept maybe Art.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
cackhyena said:
Honor thing? Oh, Time. Daigo picks to win. If the rules aren't that you have to stick to one char, of course they will counter-pick. If it's about honor with these things...no one is honorable. Cept maybe Art.

Is that why he kept picking Ryu against known top USA Dhalsims? Cause it would have been an easier win then with his Guile or Ken? Is that why he stuck with Ryu even after losing the first match out of 3?

Timedog said:
Is that why he kept picking Ryu against known top USA Dhalsims? Cause it would have been an easier win then with his Guile or Ken? Is that why he stuck with Ryu even after losing the first match out of 3?
Exactly, he could of picked guile instead of ryu and did alot better. But he still picked ryu.

cackhyena

Timedog said:
Yeah, I don't think honor has anything to do with it. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Daigo would shoot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese Street Fighter culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about Daigo switching characters in the middle of a tournament, is not going to want to purchase SSFIV:AE for either system, or play in the arcade, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Daigo would alienate an entire market with that kind of move.

Daigo, publicly apologize and stop changing characters or you can kiss your sponsorship goodbye.

USD

biosnake20 said:
Exactly, he could of picked guile instead of ryu and did alot better. But he still picked ryu.
Wait wut. The Dhalsim match-up isn't exactly a walk in the park for Guile. None of the characters that Umehara was playing at the time had a favorable match-up against Sim.

cackhyena

Timedog said:
Daigo would shoot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese Street Fighter culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about Daigo switching characters in the middle of a tournament, is not going to want to purchase SSFIV:AE for either system, or play in the arcade, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Daigo would alienate an entire market with that kind of move.

Daigo, publicly apologize and stop changing characters or you can kiss your sponsorship goodbye.
lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
USD said:
Wait wut. The Dhalsim match-up isn't exactly a walk in the park for Guile. None of the characters that Umehara was playing at the time had a favorable match-up against Sim.

I thought the Ken - Dhalsim matchup was favorable or even for Ken.

USD said:
Its not a walk in the park, no. But I think its an easier matchup for guile than ryu. Especially super guile.

USD

Akiki aka Sako Yome aka Sako's wife has been uploading some photos from NSB. This one made me laugh:

uopDY.jpg

Apparently it's a product Hori used to make a long time ago, lets you play games and eat without getting your hands dirty. The patent ran out, so a lot of imitations have popped up.

Also, I'd never actually seen pictures of Sako's wife, though I guess I hadn't really tried to search for them (she's in the pic I posted yesterday, but you can only see her from behind). When I did actually look, I managed to find one from last year's SoCal Regionals (as photographed by the ever-so-lovely Karaface) as well as one from ReveLAtions. She and Sako are both pretty stylish, haha.

USD

Special episode, TOPANGA TV x NSB from Nagoya:

http://www.twitch.tv/topangatv

Kokujin is going to playing to against Tokido's (incredibly low-skilled) pupil Murata.

Kokujin and Murata are fighting a bit for the 2P side, because both of them are better at doing combos from that side, haha.

Also, they call Murata's Gen'ei Jin combos "Gentei Jin"* because he can only consistently do it from 2P, and he still drops them.

*Gentei (限定) means "limited."

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
USD said:
Special episode, TOPANGA TV x NSB from Nagoya:

http://www.twitch.tv/topangatv

Kokujin is going to playing to against Tokido's (incredibly low-skilled) pupil Murata.

Kokujin and Murata are fighting a bit for the 2P side, because both of them are better at doing combos from that side, haha.

Also, they call Murata's Gen'ei Jin combos "Gentei Jin"* because he can only consistently do it from 2P, and he still drops them.

*Gentei (限定) means "limited."

wwwwwwwwwwwww

USD

*Higaki takes a round from Kokujin with a clutch Tiger Cannon to avoid and punish a fireball*

Kokujin: "I got mashed on."
cackhyena said:
Is the audio way ahead of the visuals for you guys?
Make sure you're on the highest video quality, 360p+

USD

Kokujin: "It didn't read my throw tech! Laggy."

"Murata is better than him."

Also, Mago isn't there because he's in China, for a tournament I believe.

Eita vs. Tokido for best Akuma now. Winner is #1 Akuma, loser is #3, haha.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Tokido doesn't comb his hair. He's so awesome kawai!!!<3

Also, what is this thing about people battling for 2p side? Is this like Japan's version of poverty???

USD

rocK` said:
USD - what do you do for a job?

you're like a full time stream monster
I work night shift, so I'm usually asleep during the afternoon, but nobody streams then. Watching majors means losing sleep though, haha.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The HORI PeriBorg products aren't hard to find... Basically cuz no one really bought them :/

lol...

Anywho, hello all. It feels good to be home and stream monstering <3

Bringing that best bison to all comers! Finally hit 3k BP for the first time. It helps when i'm not fucking around with Juri and bleeding BP all over the place, but i've beaten some really good players lately. My yomi has been impeccable and my spacing and defense have been great. I have literally never been better than what I am right now. Feels good man.

Top Bottom