• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

Satyamdas said:
Famitsu interview with Fuudo

fS9mr.jpg

Fuudo clearly throwing foreigners a bone with that shit. Dude is mad gracious, and I respec dat.
To his credit, Momochi said the same thing. I think he's being genuine.

cackhyena said:
Wish I could stick to one character. It's impossible for me to not play half the cast. It's why I'm eternally balls at this game. Keep coming back, though...
Yep, same. I have about 5 or 6 "mains" or favourites, and play everyone except shotos basically. I know it's why I lose half of my matches, but I get bored sticking to just one character.

Been using Hakan and Dan a lot, and getting lots of gg-type messages after winning with Hakan, I guess people don't run into many Hakan players. Hakan vs Blanka is my new favourite match up, maybe I've fought some shitty Blankas, but I've yet to lose this matchup \o/

El Sloth

Banned
Red Liquorice said:
Yep, same. I have about 5 or 6 "mains" or favourites, and play everyone except shotos basically. I know it's why I lose half of my matches, but I get bored sticking to just one character.

Been using Hakan and Dan a lot, and getting lots of gg-type messages after winning with Hakan, I guess people don't run into many Hakan players. Hakan vs Blanka is my new favourite match up, maybe I've fought some shitty Blankas, but I've yet to lose this matchup \o/
onxzt.jpg

kitzkozan

Imm0rt4l said:

I wanna see Saty overreact again when Latif simply wreck the competition at the upcoming Season's beating. A good old deal with it GIF should do the trick once Latif win season's beating VI. :p

Satyamdas

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
So Momochi is a nice guy too. Still not buying it.

kitzkozan said:
I wanna see Saty overreact again when Latif simply wreck the competition at the upcoming Season's beating. A good old deal with it GIF should do the trick once Latif win season's beating VI. :p
Sorry to break it to you, kid, but dat NAH FUCKING Fragment has SB wrapped up. And if not him then Poongko. And if not him them someone else. But definitely not Latif. I'll have a nice .gif just for you when it's over. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:

Latif and Fuudo are definitely the hottest SF players

I'm sorry but Fubar and Humanbomb takes that award. :)

I think people should see things and think things from a different perspective. Just use common sense stuff like who, what, when, why, etc.
Nerdjosh was right about the whole dickriding thing. Certain players get too much credit, while others do not, etc. And people act like what they see on streams and here say is concrete about a certain player. All I can say is that someone like Art comes off as the biggest jerk in the world but he really has a good heart and cares about things while others put on a front on camera but deep down inside they talk trash about other people and are quite assholes behind closed doors. I'm not going to name any names but yeah. Whatever. From my own personal experience, the nicest people to me are the people who comes off as being assholes. All I can say is that I believe in Karma.

Latiff should definitely get credit for what he's done in the last few months. Remember that as in the business world, the community has mainly a what have you done for me type of mindset. He's done what Wolfkrone hasn't. Still doesn't negate the fact that Eva owns him though. :p

And last session. Matches between Saty and his newfound friend.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/295949837

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/295951715

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/295951765

I may or may not play tonight. I want to though since I'm having fun lately.

USD

Devastation 2011: October 6-9
Season's Beatings Velocity: October 14-16
Canada Cup 2011: November 5-6
NEC XII: December 3-4
Cross Counter Bar Fights: December 11
SoCal Regionals: December 17-18

cackhyena

USD said:
Thanks.

jlai

USD said:

What are the details for Bar Fights?

USD

jlai said:
What are the details for Bar Fights?
I haven't heard much, other than the date (which might be tentative) and it most likely being similar to the previous Bar Fights. Most of the talk has been about the Rise of the Web Warrior tournament, don't even know if there have been further details yet.

cHaotix8

Spiderjericho said:
Is there an eta for the AE2012 patch?

Word on the street is that it's coming to arcades first some time in Oct/Nov and hitting consoles in Spring.

Just registered for SB and bought my plane ticket to OH. Here's hoping I do well for Gaf

cHaotix8 said:
Word on the street is that it's coming to arcades first some time in Oct/Nov and hitting consoles in Spring.

Just registered for SB and bought my plane ticket to OH. Here's hoping I do well for Gaf
What? Why would the patch come out that much later on console? It's probably gonna come out at the same time as arcade.

cHaotix8

biosnake20 said:
What? Why would the patch come out that much later on console? It's probably gonna come out at the same time as arcade.

My guess would be to keep arcade owners happy, as was the case with AE. Just a rumor though.

Satyamdas

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
My guess would be to keep arcade owners happy, as was the case with AE. Just a rumor though.
But in this case they aren't selling the update, so it would make no difference to arcade owners.

cHaotix8

Satyamdas said:
But in this case they aren't selling the update, so it would make no difference to arcade owners.

Yes it would. If the only way people can play the update is in the arcades then that creates the incentive for people to go there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
USD said:

I'm like... Going to all of these EXCEPT SoCal Regionals.

I'll be in Tokyo that week :/

I thought went they announced winter for the patch, they meant for both console and arcade. If it does come out in spring, how many people would care by then? That would be around the time SFxT comes out. But seeing as Ono is that big of a troll, it wouldn't surprise me.

Satyamdas

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
Yes it would. If the only way people can play the update is in the arcades then that creates the incentive for people to go there.
But people are already playing in the arcade even with AE on console.

cHaotix8

biosnake20 said:
I thought went they announced winter for the patch, they meant for both console and arcade. If it does come out in spring, how many people would care by then? That would be around the time SFxT comes out. But seeing as Ono is that big of a troll, it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I first heard about it. Hopefully it's wrong though cause I don't wanna wait for dem Dudley buffs.
Satyamdas said:
But people are already playing in the arcade even with AE on console.

No need to shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I heard.

Satyamdas

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
No need to shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I heard.
I'm not getting at you, my dude. I'm just wondering about the logic behind the idea. Doesn't make much sense to me since this is a free update. I mean I know Scamcom is known for that kind of shit but I think this would be trying to squeeze too much juice even for them. Arcade owners are not going to see some crazy bump in revenue due to a delayed patch, and I think Capcom realizes how much the community wants AE balanced. Waiting until spring to give it to us just seems way too long.

Im expecting the patch to be out in like a month. They are very close to being finished with it, then they submit it to microsoft and sony for approval(which usually takes 2 to 3 weeks), then they release it. So im thinkin 4 or 5 weeks from now.

Tansut

Has any kind of Gaf meetup at Seasons Beatings been setup or talked about yet? I'm free as hell but I'd love to play with you guys in person.

Also if that happens, it will be just like last year. JP players will have the option to have two characters to compete with. One for Japan AE2012, and one for US console AE tournaments.

_dementia said:
RIP sweep combos :(

Funny how the characters that can do it don't even need it or use it besides Akuma and Dee Jay(well every Dee Jay player does the sweep combo by default). Ryu and Balrog, all they can do is the basic shit. Safe jump, frame trap, tick throw, etc. Good stuff, but they have nothing really threatening like a dive kick or something like Akuma's tatsu > whatever. Sakura, Yang and Cammy can just end combos with specials that still up them in the perfect range for there dive kick/cross up mix up. Gouken players have to decide between giving up huge damage for his weak mix up, so most just say fuck the mix up, gimme dat damage.

So with that said, why couldn't characters like Ken or Evil Ryu(in ER's case, just being able to tatsu > sweep a lot more characters) keep there sweep combos? They don't have a real threatening mix up nor were they really powerful characters who needed things removed to bring them back down a bit.

Imm0rt4l

GunbladeV said:
I want to combo into sweep with dudley. Give it to me
man that would be so fucking obnoxious, combo into sweep, followed by wakeup high low bullshit. I'm going to be working cr. mk into blockstrings though!

See you cats at Dromstruction......Still salty about getting 9th at NorCal Throwdown so we comin hard at Drom. Mvc3,AE, Catherine.....will also be on the 3v3 team in both with XsK Samurai and Cynistar.

Will also be at SCR......

practice up, see y'all soon....

Top Bottom