• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

qcf x2 said:
How the fuck does one beat Yun? His links have an absurd window. If that wasn't enough their range is ridiculous. His up kicks beat everything and leave him at a safe distance when whiffed. Everything juggles. And then he can dash punch which seemingly puts him at advantage on block? I'm not sure about the last one. I just got AE. This shit sucks DICK.

In 3rd Strike he was top tier but at least a missed dash punch / up kicks meant death. So they decided to change that? What. The. Fuck?
I'm still trying to figure out how Seth and Viper mauled him at Evo...

sephi22

Ahaha woke up after 12 hours and I forgot that I even asked for that KillerKai pic. Its surprisingly well drawn.

Muchas gracias Professor Beef and Imm0rt4l

SamVimes said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Yun was way better in 3rd strike compared to the rest of the cast.
Real talk. I can't wait for 3S:OE and people get exposed.

And I don't think it's just because I was a Urien player. Yun was bullshit.

qcf x2

_dementia said:
Real talk. I can't wait for 3S:OE and people get exposed.

And I don't think it's just because I was a Urien player. Yun was bullshit.

No, not real talk. Who is gonna get exposed? For what, being honest? ffs the guy's links are in slow motion, it's hilarious.

3s: defend obvious scrub spam (dash punch, up kicks, etc) = punish
AE: defend obvious scrub spam (dash punch, up kicks, etc) = BOHICA

Again I've only had AE for two days so I'm hoping someone will show me that I'm wrong.

Axis

qcf x2 said:
No, not real talk. Who is gonna get exposed? For what, being honest? ffs the guy's links are in slow motion, it's hilarious.

Again I've only had AE for two days so I'm hoping someone will show me that I'm wrong.

that's not the whole story, tho

at least geini jin isn't built up in 5 seconds in AE >:/

qcf x2 said:

Yun is super monster in 3S, more so than AE.

Maybe the people saying AE Yun is the most BS ever and 3S is more balanced will get exposed when they see the top tier running things (Yun, Chun, Ken, maybe some Mak) when OE drops.

We shall see though.

abstract alien said:
I'm still trying to figure out how Seth and Viper mauled him at Evo...

Can't speak for Viper, but for Seth it's actually pretty simple. First and foremost, Seth's fierce DP beats EVERY attack that Yun has, his normals, his specials, even his EX up kick. So what can Yun do? If he just blocks or tech's on wake up, he'll get SPD'd. If he back dashes he'll get caught by tanden engine. And both will put him in the same mix up that he was in before. And this is the one time where DP, FADC, really hurts Yun. If Poongko tries to bait on wake up and Daigo played as Ryu for example, he could DP FADC on wake up and back dash to safety or forward dash with Poongko mashing tech instead of being prepared to go for a SPD.

I see a lot of people say that Daigo got mind fucked. He didn't get mind fucked, nobody who is forced into this situation is mind fucked. Poongko basically forced Daigo(and previous opponents like Momochi) into a 50/50 guessing game where he guessed right at a near 100% rate. This isn't a excuse for Daigo, he is in a situation where no decision is safe. Blocking, jumping, back dashing, reversal DP, etc. can all be blown up by Seth. My friend plays Yun as a 2ndary, I play Seth as a 2ndary. Normally I get blown up by him, but because of this simple mix up, I'm going nearly even with him and he hates it. I think it's stupid to because it doesn't level up your game in anyway, you're just playing guess fighter.

With that said, this is part of the reason why Poongko lost to Latif. The Seth wake up guessing game mix up doesn't work on Viper because EX seismo will cause Seth's DP to whiff. And as we all saw, Latif does EX seismo on wake up a lot so Poongko was afraid to go for DP on wake up. He had to respect Latif's wake up game more.

Oh and I will speak for Viper afterall, I'm with Saty, the character is just stupid. Mash EX seismo on wake up and nearly win EVO.

USD

biosnake20 said:
Kayo Fan Club (population: USD) is on the job.

arisxkayo19ugw.gif

arisxkayo2ou8w.gif

arisxkayo3xuxz.gif

arisxkayo41ugj.gif

Satyamdas

Banned
Axis said:
that's not the whole story, tho

at least geini jin isn't built up in 5 seconds in AE >:/
It IS the whole story. qcf nailed it. You telling me whiffed palms and infinite target combo blockstrings do not build meter up insanely fast? The only difference is that the super bar for genei jin in 3S was absurdly small so it filled faster. But in AE Yun is still one of the fastest meter building characters in the game. Shit is dumb.

Axis

Satyamdas said:
It IS the whole story. qcf nailed it. You telling me whiffed palms and infinite target combo blockstrings do not build meter up insanely fast? The only difference is that the super bar for genei jin in 3S was absurdly small so it filled faster. But in AE Yun is still one of the fastest meter building characters in the game. Shit is dumb.

i'm not saying he doesn't build meter absurdly fast and isn't one of the top 2 chars in the game...i'm saying 3s yun being able to have 2-3 geini jin's per round in 3s was more OP than AE yun; sure, palms and being able to stay on people builds meter insanely fast...but whiffing 3 c.mp's and doing one blockstring in 3s gives you super...that's far worse IMO

edit: can this kayo talk go elsewhere? shit has no place in the official thread.

"edit: can this kayo talk go elsewhere? shit has no place in the official thread."

Do you have the same problem when USD makes gifs of Mike Ross/Gootecks from their Excellent/Marvelous adventure episodes?

Axis

Teknopathetic said:
"edit: can this kayo talk go elsewhere? shit has no place in the official thread."

Do you have the same problem when USD makes gifs of Mike Ross/Gootecks from their Excellent/Marvelous adventure episodes?

there's not 2-3 pages of people losing their minds or asking for pm's when he does that, either.

4 concurrent posts isn't 2-3 pages. I'm curious as to why you're having such a strong reaction to this, you didn't seem to mind posting Kayane pics at all.

Axis

Teknopathetic said:
4 concurrent posts isn't 2-3 pages.

so the 2-3 page jump about the kai/kayo picture was just a figment of my imagination? check.

dryeye, i'm not insecure at all...i just think it's unnecessary. to each their own.

obviously i'm wrong for asking the kayo circle jerk to be taken elsewhere so i'll fall back. ^5

It's not really a matter of whether you're right or wrong, it just seems like you only have an issue with it being a Kayo circlejerk, specifically.

Neki

if you'd like Axis, I can start a circle jerk for Mike Ross, I have my cross counters gifs ready at the helm sir!

Satyamdas

Banned
Axis said:
i'm not saying he doesn't build meter absurdly fast and isn't one of the top 2 chars in the game...i'm saying 3s yun being able to have 2-3 geini jin's per round in 3s was more OP than AE yun; sure, palms and being able to stay on people builds meter insanely fast...but whiffing 3 c.mp's and doing one blockstring in 3s gives you super...that's far worse IMO
Yeah, but like qcfx2 said, in 3S if you mashed out his specials like a scrub you got punished hard for it. In AE he can just do whatever he wants and hardly anyone can do anything about it.

So the fact that he built meter more in 3S doesn't really matter because he still had to be played smartly. In AE he builds meter faster than everyone else, AND is rewarded for going on autopilot. AE Yun is far worse than 3S Yun. It's not even debatable.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
More pics of Mike Ross plz, I <3 him. Let's get this circle jerk going.

Hm, actually gimme more pics of UltraDavid. He's handsomer, in that lawyerly sorta way.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I've never understood the concept of a circlejerk. Bunch of people sitting in a circle and jerking it? Or are they using the opportunity and jerk the guy next to you?

Axis

Teknopathetic said:
It's not really a matter of whether you're right or wrong, it just seems like you only have an issue with it being a Kayo circlejerk, specifically.

no, i have an issue with it shitting up an otherwise good thread, regardless of what it is. it's not a kayo specific issue; posting 1 picture of kayane in a joking manner saying i prefer this isn't quite the same, either. i understand where you're coming from but that's not the case.

Ultimoo said:
if you'd like Axis, I can start a circle jerk for Mike Ross, I have my cross counters gifs ready at the helm sir!

i'll pass. i'd prefer actual contribution to the thread.

Satyamdas said:
Yeah, but like qcfx2 said, in 3S if you mashed out his specials like a scrub you got punished hard for it. In AE he can just do whatever he wants and hardly anyone can do anything about it.

So the fact that he built meter more in 3S doesn't really matter because he still had to be played smartly. In AE he builds meter faster than everyone else, AND is rewarded for going on autopilot. AE Yun is far worse than 3S Yun. It's not even debatable.

i'm not saying the fact that his lunge punch being hella exploitable isn't bullshit...but overall in 3s he was more of a bullshit char simply due to the meter building mechanics in the game. he's definitely able to be autopiloted, no doubt about it.

SamVimes

Satyamdas said:

I disagree, i blow up Yuns sometimes only because i get one knockdown and i safejump them all day. It's not like you can mash specials and win.
And let's not even talk about tournament placements.

Satyamdas

Banned
Axis said:
i'm not saying the fact that his lunge punch being hella exploitable isn't bullshit...but overall in 3s he was more of a bullshit char simply due to the meter building mechanics in the game. he's definitely able to be autopiloted, no doubt about it.
Who cares if he built meter faster in 3S? In that game his dive kick pressure could be negated with parries, and if he just threw random moves out he could be punished. That's why his command grab was needed in 3S.

But in AE it is hard as fuck to anti air his dive kicks so he gets to pressure much easier than in 3S, and now his command grab makes his pressure even scarier since if you decide to just block you get grabbed and eat huge damage.

The fast meter building in 3S is not a greater factor than his unstoppable pressure and insane damage output in AE. You are talking nonsense to insist otherwise.

SamVimes said:
I disagree, i blow up Yuns sometimes only because i get one knockdown and i safejump them all day. It's not like you can mash specials and win.
And let's not even talk about tournament placements.
Are you talking about 3S or AE?

LakeEarth

Yun in 3s > AE, there is no argument there. Not only did he get Genei Jin in 5 seconds, but he could just randomly activate it and it would turn him into a monster. For some reason, all his moves suddenly beat everything you touch. That isn't the case in AE.

Though I have experienced many online AE Yun's that throw out random dash punches, and on block it forces you into a 50/50 situation because they will spam upkicks or throw and you have to guess which one. If there is one change I want them to do to Yun is to make lunge punch (more) unsafe. Right now they're as good as Barlog's dash punches except you don't have to charge them and EX leads to ultra.

Satyamdas

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Yun in 3s > AE, there is no argument there. Not only did he get Genei Jin in 5 seconds, but he could just randomly activate it and it would turn him into a monster. For some reason, all his moves suddenly beat everything you touch. That isn't the case in AE.

Though I have experienced many online AE Yun's that throw out random dash punches, and on block it forces you into a 50/50 situation because they will spam upkicks or throw and you have to guess which one. If there is one change I want them to do to Yun is to make lunge punch (more) unsafe. Right now they're as good as Barlog's dash punches except you don't have to charge them and EX leads to ultra.
Nope. Take a scrub level Yun in 3S, and a scrub level Yun in AE. Which will win easier? Mid level Yun in 3S vs. mid level Yun in AE. Who wins easier?

At the top level I think he is equally potent in 3S and AE, but the top level is not what most of us are or play against.

Top Bottom