• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Yun is basic to play in 3s. Just neutral jump a lot, dive kick here and there, hit confirm to genei jin, run around building bar etc. He has hard stuff to do as well (ala kara palms, keeper jin, etc.) but playing him at a functional level in 3s is super easy.

qcf x2

FindMyFarms said:
Yun is basic to play in 3s. Just neutral jump a lot, dive kick here and there, hit confirm to genei jin, run around building bar etc. He has hard stuff to do as well (ala kara palms, keeper jin, etc.) but playing him at a functional level in 3s is super easy.

But unlike AE, he isn't going to do heavy damage without Genei Jin in 3s. And again, those little target combos and dash moves can get him killed if blocked or parried. In AE everything he has, everything he does is better than 95% of what everyone else does/has. And most of it is super safe.

I know everyone is going to be white knight about it, the same way they denied Vanilla Sagat being complete bullshit. But whatever, can't wait til that balance patch...

On a different note, wasn't Cammy supposed to be better despite losing her tkcs? I swear I read that on here before AE released. Sure she's got more links but A. nobody uses her, which makes me suspicious and B. I have a hard as hell time doing anything versus people who know how to low block. :p

After watching that excellent adventure, now i really want to see poonkgo play some marvel. I think he would be so godlike at it.

qcf x2 said:
But unlike AE, he isn't going to do heavy damage without Genei Jin in 3s. And again, those little target combos and dash moves can get him killed if blocked or parried. In AE everything he has, everything he does is better than 95% of what everyone else does/has. And most of it is super safe.

I know everyone is going to be white knight about it, the same way they denied Vanilla Sagat being complete bullshit. But whatever, can't wait til that balance patch...

On a different note, wasn't Cammy supposed to be better despite losing her tkcs? I swear I read that on here before AE released. Sure she's got more links but A. nobody uses her, which makes me suspicious and B. I have a hard as hell time doing anything versus people who know how to low block. :p

Yeah but like....when is yun ever doing anything when he doesn't have bar lol. Either he has bar and he's fighting, or he's running away building bar (which takes like, .5 seconds.) Not to mention you land one genei jin combo and you pretty much build your whole bar back on the ender.

On Cammy.......it hurts me just to talk about her :(

Solune

qcf x2 said:
She got changed on most of her punch normals.Recovery frames on Close St.LP , Far St.LP, Cr. LP, Cr.MP, Close St.HP are all reduced and +6 on hit which means you can link any of them into Cr.MK or Far St.HP(which has 6f startup from 7f in Super). Depending on the range of Far St.HP it is special cancellable.

Other than that, enjoy nerfed Cammy!

zlatko

Banned
Conceited said:
New Excellent Adventures with some Korean guy and a dude who won't stop smiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHdNjRyomVU

I love Poongko. Easily my favorite top player. Plus, he's a KoF13 player too. :) Seriously though whenever I wake up I need a few warm up games to get into the groove, but Poongko is always on and hitting those combos like it's nothing. In the After Hours stream he was tired as hell and still just on fire.

He truly is THE MACHINE!

Ribbon said:
Stole this from gamefaqs

I did it and i got gouken, just like the other guy. Maybe you have to beat him on the last round with a super or ultra? i got him the first round but not the second? I have no idea its so fucking obtuse

edit: just gave up and used zangief, randomly got oni when i thought i would get ryu, then i did basically nothing and got ryu, beat them first try. back to 100%

USD

A bit behind, but GIFs from the latest Cross Counter:

wedidntenter9ujc.gif

deadpoolteleportx3ruuh.gif

crosscreepermu5p.gif

sp00kyinspacequan.gif

Watching Excellent Adventures now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wonder if Art's gonna go down to try to qualify again.

I will donate $100 to Team Spooky if he does. And he has to promise to use Dhalsim.

Totally serious.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
qcf x2 said:

Throw/frame trap mixups.

Cammy's still really good. Probably high tier. She's just a lot different.

GunbladeV

Banned
When i use yang i use it anyways because i dont like to block and i fadc upkick a lot and its nice to have extra damage, plus its fun to use as OS against yun/bison and a few other characters. Before i picked him up i read where it was an anti air ultra and tried it once and it was a disaster.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. It's funny as hell.

ij88DK.gif

Highlight for me tonight was beating Viper's Ultra 2 with psychic fireball.

ij80ho.gif

Thanks to everyone that showed up.

Anth0ny

Just watched the new Excellent Adventures... Poongko is way too godlike.

And I'm not even talking about his 36 hit combo or anything. He's wearing a One Piece shirt. nuff said.

Top Bottom